Movie recommendations

Started by corn02, October 23, 2007, 10:13:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gallsman

First trailer for Christopher Nolan's "Interstellar" released yesterday. Looks excellent.

trileacman

Quote from: gallsman on May 17, 2014, 01:26:32 PM
First trailer for Christopher Nolan's "Interstellar" released yesterday. Looks excellent.

Thought the far opposite, big Nolan fan to be honest but thought it looked too deep and ponderous.
Fantasy Rugby World Cup Champion 2011,
Fantasy 6 Nations Champion 2014

Tony Baloney

Quote from: trileacman on May 17, 2014, 03:53:41 PM

Thought the far opposite, big Nolan fan to be honest but thought it looked too deep and ponderous.
Sounds like The Nolan Show.

SLIGONIAN

its hard to know what to make of it, we saw a lot of the earth stuff, (SPOILER ALERT)but they go through a wormhole trying to find another earth (SPOILER END)so its bound to be more to it, i don't mind the long build up if it has a good story, which i think it will,
"hard work will always beat talent if talent doesn't work"

trileacman

Quote from: SLIGONIAN on May 17, 2014, 11:34:33 PM

its hard to know what to make of it, we saw a lot of the earth stuff, (SPOILER ALERT)but they go through a wormhole trying to find another earth (SPOILER END)so its bound to be more to it, i don't mind the long build up if it has a good story, which i think it will,

Meh seem to burn alot of time spouting shite about the end of the world and how hard tis to leave the young 'uns. Doesn't leave a whole lot for something to develop beyond that. I think it's plain where that show is going and it's in a whole "Red Planet/Mission to Mars" direction which were shite.

gallsman

Quote from: trileacman on May 18, 2014, 04:50:01 PM
Quote from: SLIGONIAN on May 17, 2014, 11:34:33 PM

Meh seem to burn alot of time spouting shite about the end of the world and how hard tis to leave the young 'uns. Doesn't leave a whole lot for something to develop beyond that. I think it's plain where that show is going and it's in a whole "Red Planet/Mission to Mars" direction which were shite.

I don't think that's the direction it's going at all. With wormholes comes the concept of time travel - plot will focus more on the mind bending aspect of this rather than the actual "save the world" angle I think.. Jessica Chastain was shown briefly in the trailer and was wearing the same jacket as McConnughey. Think she's the grown up version of the daughter.

WT4E

Any good recommendations from the lovefilm films on offer. I always have trouble trawling through it trying to find a good movie.

trileacman

Quote from: WT4E on May 19, 2014, 05:02:55 PM
Any good recommendations from the lovefilm films on offer. I always have trouble trawling through it trying to find a good movie.

I always had the same problem, there's a lot of shite there too. Can't think of any off hand.

The Worker

Terrible weather for a bank holiday. Can anyone recommend a decent film to watch to kill a few hours?

nrico2006

'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

Canalman

Quote from: The Worker on May 26, 2014, 10:17:38 AM
Terrible weather for a bank holiday. Can anyone recommend a decent film to watch to kill a few hours?

Zulu. Great for the wet bank holiday/Sunday.

Tony Baloney

Last night I watched about 20 mins of a Nic Cage film called Drive Angry. It was a :o

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Tony Baloney on May 26, 2014, 01:49:44 PM
Last night I watched about 20 mins of a Nic Cage film called Drive Angry. It was a :o

Thought about it but watch some crap about the White being taken over!!! Never get those 2 hours back
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Apparently so

Watched some English pish called Tower Block

Absolutely woeful but still enjoyed it for some reason. I wouldn't say naw to the wee blonde thing in it. Lovely

All of a Sludden

Those of us of a certain vintage will remember Magnum Force, with Clint Eastwood as Harry Callahan. I remember paying 10p in to the youth club to watch it. It's on RTE1 tonight @ 00:25.
I'm gonna show you as gently as I can how much you don't know.