Movie recommendations

Started by corn02, October 23, 2007, 10:13:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Lone Survivor. Seen it last night, I enjoyed it, 7.5/10, very much a man's show though, so square off a couple of free hours if you can.

Windmill abu

I watched "Lone Survivor" last night. It stars Mark Walhberg & Taylor Kitsch as Navy Seals in Afghanistan (Apparently based on a true story). I thought it was very good with excellent performances from the leading actors. Even if you are not into this type of movie you should watch it to the end to enjoy Peter Gabriel's version of David Bowie's "Heroes" over the credits.
Never underestimate the power of complaining

ONeill

American Hustle 7.23
Wall St 8.19
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

southdown

Wolf of Wall Street is very good.  Butbe warned if you are easily offended, its pretty hardcore.  Di Caprio was brilliant.

nrico2006

Prisoners was good, dragged out a bit in the middle and had an annoying ending but still good.

About Time was good too.

Was thinking the other day that in 2013 I had watched a lot of films and to be honest I struggled to think of ones that were really good.  The Jake Gylenhall Cop one was probably the best I watched last year and Dark Skies would have been up there too. 
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

Milltown Row2

Quote from: southdown on January 20, 2014, 09:30:22 AM
Wolf of Wall Street is very good.  Butbe warned if you are easily offended, its pretty hardcore.  Di Caprio was brilliant.

Was this the bum scene I have heard about? Friend took her 17 year old son to it and was uncomfortable during some scenes.
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

gallsman

Quote from: nrico2006 on January 20, 2014, 10:23:19 AM
Prisoners was good, dragged out a bit in the middle and had an annoying ending but still good.

About Time was good too.

Was thinking the other day that in 2013 I had watched a lot of films and to be honest I struggled to think of ones that were really good.  The Jake Gylenhall Cop one was probably the best I watched last year and Dark Skies would have been up there too.

End of Watch. Absolutely fantastic film.

NAG1

Watched American Hustle at the weekend, not massively impressed with it, was a decent enough show but to me was maybe 20mins too long.

southdown

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on January 20, 2014, 10:39:18 AM

Was this the bum scene I have heard about? Friend took her 17 year old son to it and was uncomfortable during some scenes.

The bum scene was the worst, when he sniffed cocaine from a hookers ass crack!  It was rough!

Milltown Row2

Quote from: southdown on January 20, 2014, 01:52:30 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on January 20, 2014, 10:39:18 AM

The bum scene was the worst, when he sniffed cocaine from a hookers ass crack!  It was rough!

I'll take the missus  ;D
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Syferus

Watched Gravity. Wondrous.

playwiththewind1st

Wolf on Wall Street........not a bad show, but 3 hours running time is overlong.

ONeill

I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Capt Pat

Quote from: BennyCake on January 19, 2014, 02:37:45 AM
Has anyone seen that movie about yer man buried alive? It's a recent one, a couple of years old maybe. Onlyhas a lighter and mobile or something. I was panicking like feck one day while they were talking about it on the radio. I'd probably need therapy after it, but I still have the urge to watch it. Anyone seen it?

I saw it and enjoyed it. Incredible how they managed to make a movie so entertaining with just Ryan Reynolds confined to a coffin.

L

Canalman

Saw Wolf of Wall Street last night. Very enjoyable if on the whimsical side. Rarely have I seen a film so  totally dominated by the one actor. 8/10.