Movie recommendations

Started by corn02, October 23, 2007, 10:13:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

nrico2006

Watched American Graffiti last week, good show.  Watched Chinatown last week too, very good.  Serpico this week, only been laying in my room for 5 years.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

playwiththewind1st

Quote from: Norf Tyrone on November 13, 2013, 02:50:19 PM
Went to the cinema last night, with 'Captain Phillips' on the agenda, but I let the wife choose, so the bland, boring and predictable 'Philomena' was the film of choice.

I was wrong. A fantastically funny, emotional, and heart breaking film. Definitely one for the ladies to go and see, and to the men you don't have to go kicking and screaming. It's actually very good. 8/10.

Wasn't bad, but def more of a ladies one. About 5/10 from me.

Linkbox

Watched the Campaign recently. Terrible. We Are The Millers wasn't bad. The Heat has a few laughs.

Harold Disgracey

Quote from: whiskeysteve on November 13, 2013, 02:39:06 PM
Watched Gravity in 3D last night and have to say it is absolutely awesome viewing at times. plot and characters are stripped down and its only about 90mins but for sheer visual impact its worth watching in the cinema.

Was a bit put off going in by Danny Ocean George Clooney and Miss Congeniality Sandra Bullock as NASA astronauts but really not an issue at all, its the spectacle of the events on screen that is to the fore.

the fact that its not really sci fi as its based on current tech/operations etc adds to the realism and therefore tension of it. Overall, it must be the most detailed, if not best depiction ever made of what its like to be in space (as in 2001 Kubrickesque level groundbreaking), fascinating for that aspect alone.

Really glad i seen it and would happily go again.

Went to see this with the wee lad today. Absolutely stunning.

laoislad

Prisoners.
Excellent movie 8/10.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

J OGorman

Quote from: laoislad on December 03, 2013, 08:47:04 PM
Prisoners.
Excellent movie 8/10.

Brilliant show. The wife haddy watch an episode of Modern Family after before going to sleep !

trileacman

Was disappointed with prisoners, head so much about it hear and was kinda disappointed. Found it slow and ponderous at times.
Fantasy Rugby World Cup Champion 2011,
Fantasy 6 Nations Champion 2014

nrico2006

Only God Forgives was dung and Superman was also pretty dung too.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

Canalman

Watched Kes today for the first time in ages  Exceptionally good film for those who haven't seen it yet .Had to laugh as the school principal in it was the mirror image of my old English teacher.
Brilliantly acted.

Saw Beyond the Candelabra during the week and was alot better than I was expecting. 7/10.
Michael Douglas was excellent in it.

Olly

Watched Gravity in 3D and couldn't see a thing. Completely blank screen and only for my pic n mix and partner beside me it was a complete waste of money.
Access to this webpage has been denied . This website has been categorised as "Sexual Material".

clarshack

recently watched hangover 3 - wish i hadnt. absolute rubbish. they should have just left it at the first film.

Walter Cronc

Seen Hunger Games 2 last night. Crazy as ever but a very good watch all the same!!

trileacman

Quote from: Walter Cronc on December 13, 2013, 01:39:40 PM
Seen Hunger Games 2 last night. Crazy as ever but a very good watch all the same!!

Didn't like it myself. The two leads are a bit wooden.
Fantasy Rugby World Cup Champion 2011,
Fantasy 6 Nations Champion 2014

Milltown Row2

Watch the hobbit today, good old show

Currently watching The Good the Bad and the Ugly on TG4 10/10 film
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

armaghniac

Currently watching The Good the Bad and the Ugly on TG4 10/10 film

Does it remind you of Cross', Galls and Kilcoo, in that order?
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B