Movie recommendations

Started by corn02, October 23, 2007, 10:13:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

theticklemister

The wanted with angelia jolie and morgan freeman. What a pile of shite.

How could ye Morgan, how could ye? Me and ye have fallen out

muppet

Quote from: Capt Pat on August 11, 2011, 02:18:22 PM
Devils Double is an interesting tale of Uday Hussein and his double. Sex drugs rock n roll and violence feature prominently. It is a true story.

I thought it was very good and give it 8 out of 10. Imdb only award 6.7 out of 10.

I am only 2 years behind now.

Catching up with Netflix.

Devil's Double is a good show about a complete and utter nutcase, Saddam's son. The fact it is 'based' on a true story increases its impact. The ending was a bit lame but if they stuck to the facts then they were limited with what they could do. Better that than what they did in Argo with the completely fictional Die Hard ending.

I agree with 8/10.
MWWSI 2017

theticklemister

Quote from: Olly on April 18, 2013, 12:02:06 PM
Has there ever been a movie about wifi? My partner and I were at a hotel in Cavan recently and there was no wifi. These group of Mexicans were going mad because there was none and threatening to cuts the heads off Cavan people. I was thinking it would make a brilliant film.

Wooooooooo.............. Howl yer horses............... There is a hotel in Cavan???

laoislad

Quote from: nrico2006 on April 18, 2013, 12:26:26 PM
Quote from: Canalman on April 18, 2013, 12:18:06 PM
Saw Tropic Thunder last night ............ well the first 10 minutes of it before the remote was put into action. Won't be bothering to watch the rest.
Have Blue Valentine lined up to watch tonight............. has been recommended by a source with a less than impecable record. Worth watching ? Sounds very "relationshipy" to me.

Only saw Blue Valentine a few months ago, it is very "relationshipy" but I thought it was very good.  I usually stay away from Vince Vaughan, Ben Stiller kind of films, although I did watch Forgetting Sarah Marshall last year and thought it was good. Your man in it is the spit of Tony Baloney.

You're right!

When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

lawnseed

the cold light of day ('96) you'll never forget simon cadell the straight guy in hi de hi again in your life. great show very very disturbing. i wanted to turn it off but its a great story :-\
A coward dies a thousand deaths a soldier only dies once

laoislad

Watched Jack Reacher tonight.
Dung.
2/10
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

Syferus

Finally got around to watching The Dark Knight Rises last (k)night.

There was some ropey dialogue and delivery - mainly by Michael Caine - but it did a wonderful job making a true trilogy of the films rather than the ad-hoc nonsense that passes for trilogies you see in almost every case of superhero or action films, It was rough around the edges in places but that fades away in the face of all the film's successes. Great action (as you'd expect from Nolan) and for a film nearing three hours it rarely dragged.

Half way through it felt like a good film but probably the weakest of the three Nolan Batman films, by the end of the breathless build-up to climax it felt like my favourite of the lot.

nrico2006

Anyone watched Place Beyond The Pines yet?  The limited release has hampered my efforts of hitting the cinema so far, hopefully get this weekend.  Looking forward to it for over a year as well as the upcoming Only God Forgives. 

Watched Jack Reacher, was decent enough.  Rosamund Pike is some bit of gear.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

johnneycool

kick ass torrents seems blocked on my home PC, any other decent web sites out there?

laceer

Quote from: johnneycool on April 23, 2013, 01:29:00 PM
kick ass torrents seems blocked on my home PC, any other decent web sites out there?

kick ass proxy

I think a lot of the ISPs were made to block the main torrent sites recently.

Tony Baloney

Quote from: nrico2006 on April 23, 2013, 01:27:40 PM
Anyone watched Place Beyond The Pines yet?  The limited release has hampered my efforts of hitting the cinema so far, hopefully get this weekend.  Looking forward to it for over a year as well as the upcoming Only God Forgives. 

You would no doubt think twice if it was a choice between her or Ryan Gosling.

Hound

I saw Oblivion at the weekend.

The star of the show was a flying spherical robot. He was cool (as were his brothers). Otherwise pretty mundane stuff. There were probably four twists in it, that kept it semi interesting, albeit only one of them was a real surprise. Although the fact they cogged a big part of the finale from another alien film was another surprise!

Neither Tom Cruise nor Morgan Freeman added a whole heap to it.

Overall, I wouldnt recommend anyone pay money to watch it.

nrico2006

Quote from: Tony Baloney on April 23, 2013, 01:51:55 PM

Have Denzel and Golsing appeared together yet?
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

The Iceman

Travelled 10,000 miles last week so took in a load of films on the plane:

Life of Pi - Spectacular. I read the book a few years back and he captured it perfectly. Visually stunning (even on a plane screen). 9/10
Broken City - Not bad at all. Usual performances from Crowe and Marky Mark. 5/10
Jack Reacher - Watchable - not great but not the worst. 4/10
End of Watch - really enjoyed it. I liked how it was shot. Enjoyed the characters, the setting, the build up. 8/10
I will always keep myself mentally alert, physically strong and morally straight

Tony Baloney

Quote from: nrico2006 on April 23, 2013, 03:22:57 PM
Quote from: Tony Baloney on April 23, 2013, 01:51:55 PM

Have Denzel and Golsing appeared together yet?
The mother lode!

Quote from: The Iceman on April 23, 2013, 05:21:48 PM
Travelled 10,000 miles last week so took in a load of films on the plane:

Life of Pi - Spectacular. I read the book a few years back and he captured it perfectly. Visually stunning (even on a plane screen). 9/10
Broken City - Not bad at all. Usual performances from Crowe and Marky Mark. 5/10
Jack Reacher - Watchable - not great but not the worst. 4/10
End of Watch - really enjoyed it. I liked how it was shot. Enjoyed the characters, the setting, the build up. 8/10

Watched it at the weekend also having lurked on my US stick for months. Same as everything you have said - really enjoyed and the missus even liked it too as she wasn't too sold on it when I told her what it was.