Movie recommendations

Started by corn02, October 23, 2007, 10:13:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DuffleKing

Anyone seen oblivion or broken city yet?

Tony Baloney

Anyone seen Welcome To The Punch?

theticklemister

Just watched 'See No Evil, Hear No Evil' for the first time in ages. Best film in the world I tell ye!

Watching 'Donnie Brasco' now, great show.

Archie Mitchell

Anyone got a link to a download for The Place Beyond The Pines?

Tony Baloney

Quote from: Archie Mitchell on April 15, 2013, 09:09:12 PM
Anyone got a link to a download for The Place Beyond The Pines?
Loads of cam but nothing decent on katproxy.com last night when I was checking.

ballinaman

Quote from: Main Street on April 03, 2013, 12:34:18 PM
Quote from: Tony Baloney on February 28, 2013, 12:47:55 PM
Quote from: ballinaman on February 28, 2013, 12:11:56 PM
Quote from: CiKe on February 28, 2013, 11:47:37 AM
Quote from: ballinaman on February 27, 2013, 08:25:48 PM
Anyone know a torrent of The Hunt (Jagten). Danish movie from last year, supposed to be very good. Struggling to find one.

Good film alright, saw it a few weeks ago. Can't remember if was on Lovefilm or Itunes, but think it was the latter
Sound, looks good alright. Saw another Danish movie last night with the same guy who is in The Hunt and bad guy from a bond movie...
Called "Flame and Citron", set in occupied Denmark, two Danish lads in the resistance, decent enough 7/10
Mads Mikkelson is the chap in these. He was also in A Royal Affair which I think got some noms at the Oscars. I listen to Mark Kermode's podcast and he rares him as one of the best about at the minute.
I found Jagten on Kickass Torrents with hard subs.
The.Hunt.[Jagten].2012.DVDRip.XviD.AC3.HORiZON-ArtSubs
But the subs read like they're machine translated. Still, you get the meaning.
It's a superb focused film dealing with the most painful of themes in a small community and Mads does play the part.

The storyline is a low key reminiscence of the full blown HBO's 'Indictment: The McMartin Trial' and other similar famous witch hunt persecutions where mentally deranged religious nutcases/social workers, fabricated the most bizarre sexual abuse cases out of figments from their own satanic nightmares.
Watched it over the weekend. Well worth a look, nearly wanted to climb into the TV at how stupid the principal was, think that's what the director was going for though. 8/10

NAG1

Watched part of Cowboys and Aliens last night, how they got Harrison Ford to act in this movie is beyond me. I didnt even get the whole way through it, pure rubbish.

Orior

I watched a movie on Film 4 last night called "Remember Me"

Good movbie and good ending to the film which I hadn't expected.

And then I turned the TV over to the news about Boston  :(
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

Canalman

Watched a German film at the weekend The Silence. Good flick about a two murders 20 or so years apart. A bitter/wry twist at the end as well. 7/10

Syferus

Been thinking about a film I saw a while back, 1957's Sweet Smell of Success. Tony Curtis playing a unscrupulous NYC talent agent and Burt Lanchaster as the acerbic newspaper columnist that Curtis and most of high society are in trawl to.

It's a dark parody of film noir in a sense, but also one of the best noirs ever made in its own right. The dialogue is magic and the cinematography of 50's New York is by James Wong Howe, one of the greatest cinetographers of all time.

Pure Hollywood in the best sense of the term and it's criminally over-looked. Thankfully Criterion released a brilliant version of it a couple years ago or else I'd probably have missed it too.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Orior on April 16, 2013, 01:12:54 PM
I watched a movie on Film 4 last night called "Remember Me"

Good movbie and good ending to the film which I hadn't expected.

And then I turned the TV over to the news about Boston  :(

Really a decent show, watched it few months back as you say the ending was top drawer.
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

nrico2006

Not many cinemas showing place beyond the pines, the Odeon is the only one close enough to me that seems to be.  I've been looking forward to this for a year, also saw a trailer for Goslings next film Only God Forgives the other week, directed by same boyoo that did Drive.  The trailer looks unreal.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

Olly

Has there ever been a movie about wifi? My partner and I were at a hotel in Cavan recently and there was no wifi. These group of Mexicans were going mad because there was none and threatening to cuts the heads off Cavan people. I was thinking it would make a brilliant film.
Access to this webpage has been denied . This website has been categorised as "Sexual Material".

Canalman

Saw Tropic Thunder last night ............ well the first 10 minutes of it before the remote was put into action. Won't be bothering to watch the rest.
Have Blue Valentine lined up to watch tonight............. has been recommended by a source with a less than impecable record. Worth watching ? Sounds very "relationshipy" to me.

nrico2006

Quote from: Canalman on April 18, 2013, 12:18:06 PM
Saw Tropic Thunder last night ............ well the first 10 minutes of it before the remote was put into action. Won't be bothering to watch the rest.
Have Blue Valentine lined up to watch tonight............. has been recommended by a source with a less than impecable record. Worth watching ? Sounds very "relationshipy" to me.

Only saw Blue Valentine a few months ago, it is very "relationshipy" but I thought it was very good.  I usually stay away from Vince Vaughan, Ben Stiller kind of films, although I did watch Forgetting Sarah Marshall last year and thought it was good.  Your man in it is the spit of Tony Baloney.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'