Movie recommendations

Started by corn02, October 23, 2007, 10:13:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tony Baloney

Quote from: ballinaman on February 28, 2013, 12:11:56 PM
Quote from: CiKe on February 28, 2013, 11:47:37 AM
Quote from: ballinaman on February 27, 2013, 08:25:48 PM
Anyone know a torrent of The Hunt (Jagten). Danish movie from last year, supposed to be very good. Struggling to find one.

Good film alright, saw it a few weeks ago. Can't remember if was on Lovefilm or Itunes, but think it was the latter
Sound, looks good alright. Saw another Danish movie last night with the same guy who is in The Hunt and bad guy from a bond movie...
Called "Flame and Citron", set in occupied Denmark, two Danish lads in the resistance, decent enough 7/10
Mads Mikkelson is the chap in these. He was also in A Royal Affair which I think got some noms at the Oscars. I listen to Mark Kermode's podcast and he rares him as one of the best about at the minute.

Main Street

Quote from: ziggy90 on February 28, 2013, 11:29:55 AM
Quote from: Main Street on February 27, 2013, 03:31:03 PM
Quote from: ziggy90 on February 27, 2013, 12:25:33 PM
That's great info for someone who has a clue what you're talking about MS, but for Luddites like myself you may as well be talking to the wall.

I will still rely on ONeill's well known generosity and good nature. ::)
You'd be surprised how many luddites can manage to navigate the world of torrents and use that method to download files.
Torrent clients/applications have gotten a lot less technical these days with automatic set up
, which means you don't have to understand how it works, in order to use it. Then you would be free from the clutches of O'Neill, depending on the whims of his 'generousity'.

Start a torrent thread or reactivate an old thread, to help you on your way -  should you get stuck.

Thanks for the advice (good) MS. I looked back on an old thread last night and also used the knowledge of someone a bit more techno savvy than myself and launched my foray into the world of torrents. Result? I'm still not sure of how/what I did but I was successful in a couple of my endeavours. I will continue to experiment :o.

And I thought the good advice was to get away from the shackles of O'Neill's generosity.

ziggy90

A double-edged sword, so to speak ;).
Questions that shouldn't be asked shouldn't be answered

Tony Baloney

Watched Arbitrage last night. Didn't know much about it but thought it was a very decent show. 8/10.

Nally Stand

Anyone seen Flight? Any good?
"The island of saints & scholars...and gombeens & fuckin' arselickers" Christy Moore

trileacman

Quote from: Nally Stand on March 03, 2013, 06:26:19 PM
A deep personal drama about a man's struggle with alcoholism, deja vu or crimson tide it is not. Think of "leaving las vegas".
Fantasy Rugby World Cup Champion 2011,
Fantasy 6 Nations Champion 2014

Tony Baloney

It's decent alright. You will see worse. Opening 5 mins are good  ;)

laoislad

Quote from: Tony Baloney on March 03, 2013, 08:35:27 PM
It's decent alright. You will see worse. Opening 5 mins are good  ;)

All down hill after that.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

The Worker

Anyone watched margin call? Any use?

AFS

Quote from: The Worker on March 03, 2013, 09:23:13 PM

Decent enough from what I remember.

SLIGONIAN

Quote from: AFS on March 03, 2013, 11:56:50 PM
Quote from: The Worker on March 03, 2013, 09:23:13 PM

Decent enough from what I remember.
I thought it was very good
"hard work will always beat talent if talent doesn't work"

bennydorano

Just watched Killer Joe on DVD, that's some excellent fucked up movie making.

nrico2006

Watched Killer Joe the other night, good show with a shit ending. 

Watched Ted last night, enjoyed it.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

ballinaman

Quote from: bennydorano on March 05, 2013, 12:21:10 AM
Just watched Killer Joe on DVD, that's some excellent fucked up movie making.
Agree, mad stuff but enjoyable.

Tony Baloney

Anyone seen Stoker? Have seen reviews ranging from 5 star to 1 star, so safe to say it won't be everyone cup of tea!