Movie recommendations

Started by corn02, October 23, 2007, 10:13:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ONeill

Quote from: ballinaman on February 08, 2013, 01:40:12 PM
Watched The Master last night.

F*ck me but that director is some ballix, same lad who did There Will Be Blood. Beautifully shot but doesn't give two shites about the actual story. Nearly threw my shoe at the TV at the end it was so frustrating. Savage acting from joaquin phoenix and philip seymour hoffman all things being said. 4/10

What type of shoes are they?
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

ballinaman

Quote from: ONeill on February 08, 2013, 02:22:24 PM
Quote from: ballinaman on February 08, 2013, 01:40:12 PM
Watched The Master last night.

F*ck me but that director is some ballix, same lad who did There Will Be Blood. Beautifully shot but doesn't give two shites about the actual story. Nearly threw my shoe at the TV at the end it was so frustrating. Savage acting from joaquin phoenix and philip seymour hoffman all things being said. 4/10

What type of shoes are they?

nrico2006

Quote from: trileacman on February 08, 2013, 02:19:24 PM
At least it had an ending compared with "no country for old men". Talk of overhyped films then ncfom has to be up there. A car accident and a story with no sense, yet won all the acclaim that year.

Don't dare criticise NCFOM on here or the gaaboard Barry Normans will be on spouting off that not every film needs action and a decent ending etc etc.  I liked NCFOM but just didn't like how Josh Brolin was in it one minute and not the next.  As for There Will Be Blood, can remember very little about it actually but I do remember it was very good.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

mouview

The problem with NCFOM was that it was an accurate film based on a novel that wasn't very satisfactory to begin with, similar to The Butcher Boy.

charlieTully

Watched a film called sideways last night on sky movies, think it won an Oscar in 2004 for best film, its like a sophisticated version of the hangover, very good movie.

Tony Baloney

Quote from: charlieTully on February 08, 2013, 07:32:04 PM
Watched a film called sideways last night on sky movies, think it won an Oscar in 2004 for best film, its like a sophisticated version of the hangover, very good movie.
It's a great wee show. Watch it every time it is on. Makes me thirsty though!  ;)

charlieTully

Would be rude to watch it without a nice pinot noir.  :)

GAA_Talk

Watched The Sting the other day for the first time. Enjoyed every minute. Hadn't even heard of it and was told to watch it next chance I got. Lucky enough the next day it was on Sky Movies so recorded it. Great show.

ziggysego

Great film.

Saw Zero Dark Thirty the other night. A decent film, plenty of action and drama in it. I did feel the film was around 20-30 minutes too long though.
Testing Accessibility

laoislad

Quote from: ziggysego on February 09, 2013, 11:32:57 AM

Great film.

Saw Zero Dark Thirty the other night. A decent film, plenty of action and drama in it. I did feel the film was around 20-30 minutes too long though.

If it had ended 30 mins earlier we would never have known if they killed Bin Laden or not....
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

DuffleKing

Are we any the wiser anyway?

Milltown Row2

Quote from: mouview on February 08, 2013, 03:44:09 PM
The problem with NCFOM was that it was an accurate film based on a novel that wasn't very satisfactory to begin with, similar to The Butcher Boy.

Read the novel and watched the film, thought both were very good
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

theticklemister

Quote from: GAA_Talk on February 08, 2013, 09:31:38 PM
Watched The Sting the other day for the first time. Enjoyed every minute. Hadn't even heard of it and was told to watch it next chance I got. Lucky enough the next day it was on Sky Movies so recorded it. Great show.

Best film in the world.

ziggy90

I'd be very inclined to agree with you.
Questions that shouldn't be asked shouldn't be answered

nrico2006

Quote from: GAA_Talk on February 08, 2013, 09:31:38 PM

Bought it a few years ago and it was brilliant. 

Watched the new Bourne at the weekend, unbelievable how shit it was.  There was no actual plot and it just suddenly ended.  The expendables 2 was also dirt. 
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'