Movie recommendations

Started by corn02, October 23, 2007, 10:13:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

theticklemister

This impossible film is a pile of shite.

ONeill

I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

theticklemister

Quote from: ONeill on February 06, 2013, 12:29:46 AM
Quote from: theticklemister on February 05, 2013, 10:38:16 PM

A right ball of dung.

I sent that during the film in the cinema

Norf Tyrone

Who plays the guy that owned the plane company and the Baseball team in Flight? He is the image of a chubby Bill Murray but can't see a reference to the character on IMDB or anywhere?

Really good film btw.
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

Tony Baloney

Quote from: Norf Tyrone on February 06, 2013, 02:37:37 PM
Who plays the guy that owned the plane company and the Baseball team in Flight? He is the image of a chubby Bill Murray but can't see a reference to the character on IMDB or anywhere?

Really good film btw.
I think he was the judge in The Wire.

Peter Gerety.

Norf Tyrone

Quote from: Tony Baloney on February 06, 2013, 02:39:36 PM
Quote from: Norf Tyrone on February 06, 2013, 02:37:37 PM

Really good film btw.
I think he was the judge in The Wire.

Peter Gerety.

Thats him. Thanks.
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

ONeill

Quote from: theticklemister on February 06, 2013, 07:45:40 AM

A right ball of dung.

We're missing something. Most reviews talk of emotional roller-coasters and crying audiences.

Eff me pink. The Day After Tomorrow was more emotional.

Another say it was McGregor's best performance yet. Flabbergasted. I thought it was his worst, from the first sentence on the plane at the start.

Liked Seven Psychopaths. Funny enough and quirky.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

theticklemister

Good job I had the phone with me oneill to keep up to date with all the happenings in gaaboard.com. The cinema was packed too, the best actors were the lads who were dead when the tsunami hit.

Do not go and watch this film; if downloaded to watch on the laptop, solo the laptop up to your local gaa field and kick it between the posts and let her rest on the the ball catcher. If your club do not have a ball catcher let the laptop fall on a hard tarmac surface or let her lie in a pile of nettles and bushes.

mouview

Quote from: ONeill on February 06, 2013, 08:57:45 PM
Quote from: theticklemister on February 06, 2013, 07:45:40 AM

A right ball of dung.

We're missing something. Most reviews talk of emotional roller-coasters and crying audiences.

Eff me pink. The Day After Tomorrow was more emotional.

Another say it was McGregor's best performance yet. Flabbergasted. I thought it was his worst, from the first sentence on the plane at the start.

Liked Seven Psychopaths. Funny enough and quirky.

Good few entries in that category also.

ballinaman

Watched The Master last night.

F*ck me but that director is some ballix, same lad who did There Will Be Blood. Beautifully shot but doesn't give two shites about the actual story. Nearly threw my shoe at the TV at the end it was so frustrating. Savage acting from joaquin phoenix and philip seymour hoffman all things being said. 4/10

Nally Stand

There Will Be Blood any good?
"The island of saints & scholars...and gombeens & fuckin' arselickers" Christy Moore

ballinaman

Quote from: Nally Stand on February 08, 2013, 01:40:43 PM
Depends on how you look at it. Not for everyone to say the least, I didn't particularly enjoy it. Great acting again and shots but the story itself and ending in particular annoyed me.

Nally Stand

Quote from: ballinaman on February 08, 2013, 01:44:14 PM
Depends on how you look at it. Not for everyone to say the least, I didn't particularly enjoy it. Great acting again and shots but the story itself and ending in particular annoyed me.
Have it downloaded a long time but yet to watch it, just don't know what to expect other than the usual good performance from Day-Lewis.
"The island of saints & scholars...and gombeens & fuckin' arselickers" Christy Moore

ballinaman

Quote from: Nally Stand on February 08, 2013, 01:48:34 PM
Quote from: ballinaman on February 08, 2013, 01:44:14 PM
Have it downloaded a long time but yet to watch it, just don't know what to expect other than the usual good performance from Day-Lewis.
Don't expect much more, the director is different to say the least. Part of me likes that rather than the same old same old but on the other hand, you'll probably just think you wasted 2+ hours of your life after watching it.

trileacman

At least it had an ending compared with "no country for old men". Talk of overhyped films then ncfom has to be up there. A car accident and a story with no sense, yet won all the acclaim that year.
Fantasy Rugby World Cup Champion 2011,
Fantasy 6 Nations Champion 2014