Movie recommendations

Started by corn02, October 23, 2007, 10:13:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tony Baloney

Quote from: johnneycool on January 28, 2013, 11:00:43 AM
Quote from: leenie on January 24, 2013, 11:41:59 PM

i did think django was a great film .... and a wonderful support cast.. but did anyone else think jamie fox was a bit of a let down when it came to how fantastic the other actors were?.... and how in places his accent goes from southern western to ghetto?...

good to see the return of don johnston too!

finally got to watch Django in its entirety last night, thought it was on the whole very good with as some already said, dialogey bits at Candyland dragged on a bit, with the Django's escape from the mining co workers, who I think were meant to be Australian, (Tarrantino is a god awful actor, stay behind the lens please!!) very far fetched and rushed before the finale at the big house. Laughed at the time he shot DeCaprio's sister from the top of the stairs and she flew straight back through the doorway.

I wasn't sure about Foxes's accent either as it may have been intentional as the music score varied from western to modern gangsta rap as well!!

I liked Samuel L Jackson as the old 'uncle tom' character though.
Similar feelings to yourself. Overall feeling about the film is good but a fair bit I didn't like. Too long - All the material there for a  really good 2 hour film let down by an unnecessary (imo) last 45 mins or so.

omagh_gael

Have to pick a few chick flicks for the good lady to watch over the next few nights. It was man shows at the weekend. Any chick flick movies around at the minute that won't have me reaching for the cyanide capsules half way through?

Nally Stand

Quote from: omagh_gael on January 28, 2013, 03:50:58 PM
Have to pick a few chick flicks for the good lady to watch over the next few nights. It was man shows at the weekend. Any chick flick movies around at the minute that won't have me reaching for the cyanide capsules half way through?

Die Hard?
"The island of saints & scholars...and gombeens & fuckin' arselickers" Christy Moore

Norf Tyrone

The Help was bearable.
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

Hereiam

Main Street

Cyanide V Ted
I wouldn't risk it.

omagh_gael

Quote from: Norf Tyrone on January 28, 2013, 04:02:19 PM

The Help was bearable.

Hit the bullseye there Norf. The good lady thought that was the best film she has watched in a long time, plus it was far from the worst film I've had to sit through.

I wonder what she'll think of Debbie Does Dallas tonight...

Up The Middle

A few i have watched recently

Looper 7/10

Zero Dark Thirty 9.5/10

Seven Psychopaths 9/10

The impossible 5/10

Trouble with the curve 6/10

End of Watch 8/10

I'm very important. I have many leather-bound books and my apartment smells of rich mahogany.

SLIGONIAN

Quote from: Up The Middle on January 29, 2013, 04:43:59 PM

Looper 7/10

Zero Dark Thirty 9.5/10

Seven Psychopaths 9/10

The impossible 5/10

End of Watch 8/10
:o don't think anyone reads your posts ;)
"hard work will always beat talent if talent doesn't work"

Milltown Row2

Just back from watching Les Misérables. Will definetley take in the opera
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

theticklemister

Watched braveheart for the first time tonight on film 4. I know what all the fuss is about now. Good show.

johnneycool

Quote from: omagh_gael on January 29, 2013, 10:07:50 AM
Quote from: Norf Tyrone on January 28, 2013, 04:02:19 PM

The Help was bearable.

Hit the bullseye there Norf. The good lady thought that was the best film she has watched in a long time, plus it was far from the worst film I've had to sit through.

I wonder what she'll think of Debbie Does Dallas tonight...

I watched Pitch Perfect the other week, wasn't the worst, but allegedly 'glee' esque!! I've never seen glee so don't know.

nrico2006

Watched Senna last night, as corny as it sounds it was a touching show. 
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

Up The Middle

Quote from: SLIGONIAN on January 29, 2013, 06:56:51 PM
Quote from: Up The Middle on January 29, 2013, 04:43:59 PM

Looper 7/10

Zero Dark Thirty 9.5/10

Seven Psychopaths 9/10

The impossible 5/10

End of Watch 8/10
:o don't think anyone reads your posts ;)

Whys that then?
I'm very important. I have many leather-bound books and my apartment smells of rich mahogany.

5 Sams

50 Dead Men Walking (despite the doubts over the veracity of the "plot".) was quite a good show.
The Aristocrat Years