Movie recommendations

Started by corn02, October 23, 2007, 10:13:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

5 Sams

Just got around to watching True Grit (new one) and The Guard. Both excellent.
The Aristocrat Years

ballinaman

Quote from: Tony Baloney on January 05, 2013, 12:13:36 AM
Quote from: ONeill on January 05, 2013, 12:11:16 AM
Quote from: Tony Baloney on January 04, 2013, 07:45:57 PM
Quote from: laoislad on January 04, 2013, 07:34:01 PM
Try this
http://piratebayproxy.me/torrent/7986153/Zero.Dark.Thirty.2012.DVDSCR.XViD-TiCKLE.TiME
When I click on the link it is making me down some additional third party software. Not sure I like the look of downloading this other shit.

Don't click on it. Search it under torrentz.
Sorted. Zero Dark Thirty in the locker and Looper on the way.

Anyone seen Django Unchained?
No, really looking forward to it.

Watched Zero Dark Thirty, enjoyed it, some of the torture scenes were pretty brutal to watch. The end operation scene was well shot too. Worth a look.

Main Street

Quote from: ballinaman on January 05, 2013, 04:43:53 PM
Watched Zero Dark Thirty, enjoyed it, some of the torture scenes were pretty brutal to watch. The end operation scene was well shot too. Worth a look.
Interesting that they put in torture scenes as if the systematic torture of tens of thousands of people elicited any worthwhile information. The information that led to the final location of OB Laden was not gained by methods of torture.

Ulick

Watched Looper and Lawless over the weekend. Both pretty decent.

gallsman

Quote from: ballinaman on January 06, 2013, 02:54:41 PM
Quote from: gallsman on January 06, 2013, 02:26:21 PM
Quote from: ballinaman on January 06, 2013, 02:01:16 PM
Django Unchained.

http://kat.ph/django-unchained-2012-dvdscr-x264-aac-p2p-t6959934.html

DVD rip or Cam?
Neither...one of those sceeners for awards consideration, good quality.

Good stuff, cheers. Usually round this time of year you can get a load of Oscar contenders that send out screeers for awards consideration. Generally DVD quality.

ballinaman

Quote from: gallsman on January 06, 2013, 03:01:38 PM
Quote from: ballinaman on January 06, 2013, 02:54:41 PM
Quote from: gallsman on January 06, 2013, 02:26:21 PM
Quote from: ballinaman on January 06, 2013, 02:01:16 PM
Django Unchained.

http://kat.ph/django-unchained-2012-dvdscr-x264-aac-p2p-t6959934.html

DVD rip or Cam?
Neither...one of those sceeners for awards consideration, good quality.

Good stuff, cheers. Usually round this time of year you can get a load of Oscar contenders that send out screeers for awards consideration. Generally DVD quality.
Yep, Life of Pi, Zero Dark Thirty, Cloud Atlas, Lincoln, The Hobbit, The Impossible and now Django screeners all up. Handy few bob saved.

gallsman

You have links to the rest? Think I might pay for Life of Pi in 3D though, looks excellent in the trailer.

Norf Tyrone

I take it them links are all screeners?
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

SLIGONIAN

Seen the life of pi before I left, it was very good but by Jesus it was intense and overload for the senses, the way they rein acted the tiger was beyond comprehension, the visuals were amazing, once your locked in emotionally to the lead character it makes for uneasy viewing but in a challenging way, it's hard to explain, I was on edge for a lot of the movie and its not a place I like, but you have to admire a movie that can take u there. 

Seen the hobbit aswell, slightly disappointed but still thought it was good, the 48 rps 3d used to film it was annoying at times as the movements of some characters seemed to be in fast forward, I didn't feel much was in 3d, this movie has wow moments aplenty, the moon scene in riven dale is awesome, martin freeman is brilliant as are all dwarfs, some amazing action set pieces with mountain fight unreal, and the troll scene and rabbit sled...worth a watch for sure,

Thanks for the links above, watching cloud atlas, half way through and enjoying it..
"hard work will always beat talent if talent doesn't work"

mc_grens

Quote from: SLIGONIAN on January 06, 2013, 08:01:15 PM
Seen the life of pi before I left, it was very good but by Jesus it was intense and overload for the senses, the way they rein acted the tiger was beyond comprehension, the visuals were amazing, once your locked in emotionally to the lead character it makes for uneasy viewing but in a challenging way, it's hard to explain, I was on edge for a lot of the movie and its not a place I like, but you have to admire a movie that can take u there. 

Seen the hobbit aswell, slightly disappointed but still thought it was good, the 48 rps 3d used to film it was annoying at times as the movements of some characters seemed to be in fast forward, I didn't feel much was in 3d, this movie has wow moments aplenty, the moon scene in riven dale is awesome, martin freeman is brilliant as are all dwarfs, some amazing action set pieces with mountain fight unreal, and the troll scene and rabbit sled...worth a watch for sure,

Thanks for the links above, watching cloud atlas, half way through and enjoying it..

I thought Life Of Pi was tremendous. The biggest compliment I can give it is that it looked just like I imagined when I read the book.

Canalman

Watched Kick Ass there at the weekend. Enjoyed it, daft enough as it was.

Have to say I am getting bugged by the sameness of all "American accents" used by British actors. Real Carry on Cowboy stuff. Our guys are at it as well to be fair.