Movie recommendations

Started by corn02, October 23, 2007, 10:13:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

HiMucker

Seen Shame with Michael Fassbender.  Biggest load of dung I ever did saw.  Avoid it.  Just him walking around naked with his big tool floppin about.  Had to keep saying to the woman that it was CGI  ;D

Milltown Row2

Watched Dark Knight Rises. nowhere near as good as last film, too many gaps in the film and while I liked the character of Bane, it was difficult to understand him. The ending was also very predictable and with 'Robin' looking like he's going to be reborn I think that will be the last nail in the coffin.

Overall it was enjoyable enough, had it been a bit more compact it would have been better
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

AFS

trileacman

Quote from: AFS on August 06, 2012, 12:38:37 AM
Ted is shit.

Same, would be funny if you were american or watched Flash Gordon. Okay but behind alot of recent comedies.
Fantasy Rugby World Cup Champion 2011,
Fantasy 6 Nations Champion 2014

The Iceman

Loved the Dark Knight Rises, thought it was excellent. Working in Manhattan it was mind blowing to see it being destroyed. The action was great, and I can't recommend the film enough.

Here, need some advice, I have John Carter the movie at the house - is it worth a watch or should I save myself from the 2-3 hours??
I will always keep myself mentally alert, physically strong and morally straight

Denn Forever

Some peope loved it.
Quote from: The Iceman on August 06, 2012, 04:45:53 PM
Loved the Dark Knight Rises, thought it was excellent. Working in Manhattan it was mind blowing to see it being destroyed. The action was great, and I can't recommend the film enough.

Here, need some advice, I have John Carter the movie at the house - is it worth a watch or should I save myself from the 2-3 hours??

Quote from: GalwayBayBoy on March 20, 2012, 02:10:25 PM
Quote from: Celt_Man on March 16, 2012, 04:48:24 PM
Watched John Carter at the weekend, found it very enjoyable... I'd look forward to a sequel and would hold off on reading the books till they come out

You might be waiting for a sequel. Disney have apparently lost 150+ million on it.
I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

el_cuervo_fc

Just after watching  "The Devil Inside".  It follows along the same genre as "Paranormal Activity" and was a decent show which builds it's pace up nicely.

It's worth a viewing if you like that type of film.

AFS

The Bourne Legacy, while not terrible, isn't a patch on any of the previous films. You get the usual solid action sequences, and I thought Renner was good, but the whole thing is let down by a fairly tedious plot.

laoislad

When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

AFS

The Cabin in the Woods is worth a watch.

Tony Baloney

Is it just me or has it been a shit summer of movies?!

Ulick

Quote from: Tony Baloney on August 26, 2012, 12:26:34 AM
Is it just me or has it been a shit summer of movies?!

Yup. Lined up a load and knocked them off after 20 minutes: Hunger Games, The Dictator, Lockout, American Reunion, Iron Sky, Cleanskin, all shite. Very disappointed by The Lorax, one of my favourite books as a child and loved the earlier movie, but the remake just lost all the darkness. Being Flynn, Contraband, The Grey and Get the Gringo were fairly decent but unremarkable. Only decent viewing I've had this summer has been Weeds, Breaking Bad and a few foreign language movies.

Billys Boots

Quotea few foreign language movies

Anything in particular you'd recommend?
My hands are stained with thistle milk ...

Tony Baloney

Quote from: Billys Boots on August 27, 2012, 09:13:21 AM
Quotea few foreign language movies

Anything in particular you'd recommend?
The Expendable 2 has JCVD, Sly Stallone and Arnie.