Movie recommendations

Started by corn02, October 23, 2007, 10:13:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Capt Pat

Before the devil knows you're dead is coming on Channer four I think ab.out now. It is worth a look.

Ulick

The Chorus. Watched in a mates house this evening. Superb family movie. 

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0372824/

Radda bout yeee

anyone seen any good movies that are in cinema at min?

Armaghgeddon

Went to see Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter. Nothing is great about the movie, quite dissapointing to be honest. The writers make the story more complexed unnecessarily. IMO I would have liked to have seen more of a build up, it is a good idea for a movie but poorly written.

eddie d

21 jump street was very funny

machine gun preacher was some show also, better than i expected

screenexile

Quote from: Armaghgeddon on July 07, 2012, 06:52:32 PM
Went to see Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter. Nothing is great about the movie, quite dissapointing to be honest. The writers make the story more complexed unnecessarily. IMO I would have liked to have seen more of a build up, it is a good idea for a movie but poorly written.

If ever there was a movie I judged by its title it was this one . . . sounds pish, looks pish and any review I've read has said it's pish! Surely a Movie called Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter is going to be pish is it not?

Watched 21 Jump Street and was pleasantly surprised by it given my massive hatred of Channing Tatum. Although I think his reprieve is short lived as I saw a trailer for some kind of RomCom with him as a male stripper.

Watched a couple of foregin movies at the weekend. Mesrine 1 & 2 based on a true story about a French Gangster. I was very impressed it was excellent!!

The Iceman

I just got Abraham Lincoln Vampire Hunter the book. Going to try it.

Seen The Grey at the weekend and Safe House. The Grey was very disappointing. The trailer for it was nearly better than the film. Anti-climatic.
Safe House was fairly decent - D.W stable movie.
I will always keep myself mentally alert, physically strong and morally straight

ziggysego

Quote from: Armaghgeddon on June 06, 2012, 05:58:28 PM
Went to see MIB 3 last night, was entertaining but wouldn't watch it again for a while (apart from the start with Nicole Sherzinger dressed to impress). Some critics said the ending is emotional and they were right, some guy started crying at the end.

You mean you don't you. You cried.
Testing Accessibility

nrico2006

Quote from: The Iceman on July 09, 2012, 04:17:22 PM
I just got Abraham Lincoln Vampire Hunter the book. Going to try it.

Seen The Grey at the weekend and Safe House. The Grey was very disappointing. The trailer for it was nearly better than the film. Anti-climatic.
Safe House was fairly decent - D.W stable movie.

I really liked Safe House, had a Man On Fire feel to it. 

Totally agree with you on The Grey.

I saw The Descendants recently and thought it was good, watched Contraband at the weekend and thought it was boring as hell but nothiong in comparison to the dirt that occupied my TV screen last night in The Darkest Hour.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

Canalman

Watched 44 Inch Chest last weekend. Absolutely dire . Still boiling that I didn't switch it off after 10 minutes when I had it sussed. Kept watching waiting for it to take off which of course it never did.

Puckoon

Watched 'Ted' at the weekend. Decent show, some very funny parts. Don't take your mum.

Eamonnca1

Saw The Amazing Spiderman last week.  Great show.  Better casting than Toby Maguire.

Saw Snow White and the Huntsman at the weekend.  Not my sort of film but I found it enjoyable enough. Visually it's stunning to look at.

ziggysego

Saw The Amazing Spiderman tonight. Good wee film, much better than the previous trilogy. The casting was top notch, Andrew Garfield as Peter Parker/Spiderman was much better than Toby Maguire.
Testing Accessibility

Don Johnson

TDKR - 9/10.

Great ending to the trilogy. Better than TDK in my opinion because I thought the ending of it wasn't great with the boat dilemma etc. The last 30 mins or so of TDKR blew me away. I love Nolan's films anyway but this was great.

Hathaway and JGL were brilliant.

Armaghgeddon

Quote from: ziggysego on July 09, 2012, 04:42:39 PM
Quote from: Armaghgeddon on June 06, 2012, 05:58:28 PM
Went to see MIB 3 last night, was entertaining but wouldn't watch it again for a while (apart from the start with Nicole Sherzinger dressed to impress). Some critics said the ending is emotional and they were right, some guy started crying at the end.

You mean you don't you. You cried.

Would have been a waste of tears