Movie recommendations

Started by corn02, October 23, 2007, 10:13:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gallsman

Quote from: Capt Pat on May 03, 2012, 02:19:27 PM
The Avengers movie is good enough. The action is pretty much non stop. However I am not a huge fan of this series of movies. It took them about half a dozen movies to get them together to make a decent movie.

They need to tone down Captain America in comparison to the rest. He's shit compared to them - both as a superhero and the fact that even in a no-brainer film like that Chris Evans can't act.

After watching it decided to give Thor a go and thought it as actually very good.

Capt Pat

Cutthroat Island was on RTE the other night fairly late. Geena Davis was the main pirate on her ship. It was very similar to Pirates of the Carribean and made in 1995. It was really the same movie with a lower budget.

heffo

Quote from: Capt Pat on May 12, 2012, 04:20:15 AM
How I spent my summer vacation is well worth a watch. Mel Gibsons latest movie is a return to form for him.

8 out of 10.

Would agree with that - enjoyed it.

spuds

Quote from: heffo on May 12, 2012, 08:45:10 PM
Quote from: Capt Pat on May 12, 2012, 04:20:15 AM
How I spent my summer vacation is well worth a watch. Mel Gibsons latest movie is a return to form for him.

8 out of 10.

Would agree with that - enjoyed it.
Good laugh and sort of reminiscent of his Lethal Weapon days. 8/10 for me too.

Avengers Assemble was alright, good in parts but the battle scenes were absolute crap. 6/10.
"As I get older I notice the years less and the seasons more."
John Hubbard

Looking forward to seeing Prometheus going by the trailers looks like it could be a good show

Canalman

Watched Law Abiding Citizen last night.

Quiet simply one of the worst films I have ever seen. 2ish hours of my life wasted. Muck with a capital "M".

maggie

Quote from: Canalman on May 15, 2012, 01:11:00 PM
Watched Law Abiding Citizen last night.

Quite simply one of the worst films I have ever seen. 2ish hours of my life wasted. Muck with a capital "M".

I feel the exact same about Dark Shadows.  Went to see it in the cinema at the weekend.

Armaghgeddon

Quote from: 45 on May 13, 2012, 09:41:38 AM
Looking forward to seeing Prometheus going by the trailers looks like it could be a good show

Seen the trailer, and thought it was just like aliens.

Capt Pat

Dark Shadows is ok. It is obviously an attempt to create a franchise on tv or in the movies with sequels etc.

lawnseed

Quote from: Captain Scarlet on May 07, 2012, 05:45:42 PM
lads went to a preview of The Raid at the weekend, it's out May 18th.
holy schmoke some film, do it on a big screen. no cgi and serious fights and stunts.

yes the raid comes highly rated. i heard a radio review today the guy spoke verry highly of this show. might hit it this weekend
A coward dies a thousand deaths a soldier only dies once

ballinaman

Quote from: lawnseed on May 17, 2012, 11:14:35 PM
Quote from: Captain Scarlet on May 07, 2012, 05:45:42 PM
lads went to a preview of The Raid at the weekend, it's out May 18th.
holy schmoke some film, do it on a big screen. no cgi and serious fights and stunts.

yes the raid comes highly rated. i heard a radio review today the guy spoke verry highly of this show. might hit it this weekend
Just back from it there....class...some of the fight scenes...unbelievable. The audience clapped after one of them...gas.

Capt Pat

Were you up in Parnell Street Ballina Man? There was a round of applause there as well if you were not. It is a fabulous action movie, really great. You will hardly see a better action movie this year.
9.5 out of 10.

ballinaman

Quote from: Capt Pat on May 22, 2012, 12:18:43 AM
Were you up in Parnell Street Ballina Man? There was a round of applause there as well if you were not. It is a fabulous action movie, really great. You will hardly see a better action movie this year.
9.5 out of 10.
Yep, thats where I was. What an action movie...

Tony Baloney

Quote from: ballinaman on May 22, 2012, 12:27:57 AM
9.5 out of 10.
What has the country become when there is a f**king round of applause for a film in the cinema. Jesus Christ.

laoislad

Quote from: Tony Baloney on May 22, 2012, 07:18:09 PM
Quote from: ballinaman on May 22, 2012, 12:27:57 AM
9.5 out of 10.
What has the country become when there is a f**king round of applause for a film in the cinema. Jesus Christ.
Which country, yours or ours?
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.