Movie recommendations

Started by corn02, October 23, 2007, 10:13:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

playwiththewind1st

Quote from: tbrick18 on February 19, 2012, 11:28:49 AM
Watched Sucker  punch lastt night, can't decide if it was class or rubbish

Saw "A Dangerous Method" last night - much the same verdict. 

Minder

Watched Rampart last night, new one with Woody Harrelson as a bent LAPD cop. Very good.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

playwiththewind1st

Quote from: Minder on February 19, 2012, 11:59:55 AM
Watched Rampart last night, new one with Woody Harrelson as a bent LAPD cop. Very good.

Don't spoil now, have it booked at QFT next Saturday!!

ONeill

Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close = Extremely shite.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Capt Pat

Quote from: ONeill on February 20, 2012, 11:35:35 PM
Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close = Extremely shite.

I liked it. It did get nominated for best movie at the Oscars.

Canalman

Some recently watched

Cell 211. Reasonable enough thriller set in a Spanish prison.

Warrior. Good and well worth a watch. Very well acted although highly unbelievable .

Drive. Average enough imo.

Dinny Breen

Gee I thought Drive was superb, the Lift scene was cinematic genius and the sound track was cracking too..
#newbridgeornowhere

Up The Middle

Watched Drive over the weekend, thought it was very good your man Gosling gives a great performance agree with Dinny the scene in the lift is unreal. Also watched t**ker Tailor Solider Spy actually thought this was a better, great performance from Gary Oldman, havent seen a bad performance from Tom Hardy in any film yet.
I'm very important. I have many leather-bound books and my apartment smells of rich mahogany.

The Iceman

Watched Captain America again there wasn't overly impressed. There were much better Marvel movies.
Seen Real Steel and was happy enough with it on face value. Nothing spectacular but very watchable and even my woman enjoyed it.
I will always keep myself mentally alert, physically strong and morally straight

CiKe

Quote from: Canalman on February 21, 2012, 09:22:55 AM
Some recently watched

Cell 211. Reasonable enough thriller set in a Spanish prison.

Warrior. Good and well worth a watch. Very well acted although highly unbelievable .

Drive. Average enough imo.

Funny I just sent Cell 211 and Drive back to Lovefilm there on Monday and Warrior just arrived in the door today.

Thought Cell 211 started off very well but lost its way
Agree on Drive, good enough viewing and great music, but was expecting a lot more after the hype.

Also saw Elite Squad 2 recently, decent enough.

playwiththewind1st

Quote from: Minder on February 19, 2012, 11:59:55 AM

Don't know, Minder. Touch & go whether it's a bit on the genius side, or a complete load of ould cobblers. Worth watching, but a very strange film.

Capt Pat

I got oldboy a used copy on Henry Street effectively for two Euro in a two for one with Anchor Man.  Old boy better be good after all the praise it got on here. I am expecting fireworks.

nrico2006

Saw In Time, actually really enjoyed it.  On top of that, Olivia Wilde looked fine for the 10 seconds she was in it and Seyfield was looking hot throughout.

Also watched The Ides Of March, was far better than I expected.

'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

tbrick18

I saw In Time at the weekend, to be honest, I didnt think it was all that  great.

blewuporstuffed

Quote from: nrico2006 on February 27, 2012, 08:56:52 AM
Saw In Time, actually really enjoyed it.  On top of that, Olivia Wilde looked fine for the 10 seconds she was in it and Seyfield was looking hot throughout.

Also watched The Ides Of March, was far better than I expected.
yeah, same as that, i really enjoyed it aswell
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either