Movie recommendations

Started by corn02, October 23, 2007, 10:13:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

playwiththewind1st

Quote from: ballinaman on January 30, 2012, 05:22:15 PM
Watched The Descendants last night, very disappointed.

Good acting by Clooney alright but not much to the plot, not a patch on Little Miss Sunshine which had the same sort of feel about it.

5/10 at push.

That's next Saturday night banjaxed lol - u should have posted this before I booked my 2 tickets.

playwiththewind1st

It's hard to care about any of Ewan McGregor's film to be fair.
[/quote]

Dunno if I'd go that far - Young Adam - with McGregor, Peter Mullan & Tilda Swinton wasn't bad.

ballinaman

Quote from: playwiththewind1st on January 30, 2012, 07:51:07 PM
Quote from: ballinaman on January 30, 2012, 05:22:15 PM
Watched The Descendants last night, very disappointed.

Good acting by Clooney alright but not much to the plot, not a patch on Little Miss Sunshine which had the same sort of feel about it.

5/10 at push.

That's next Saturday night banjaxed lol - u should have posted this before I booked my 2 tickets.
Ah ya might like it, don't see what the Oscar fuss is about. The scenery is class but that's about it. How it was nominated over Drive is incredible.

nrico2006

Quote from: Mayo4Sam on January 30, 2012, 04:57:44 PM
Watched doubt when it was on a couple of weeks back, really enjoyed it.

Anyone else watch "the tree of life"? Good lord I'd sooner put my hand in a vice for two hours than be put through that again, worst film I've seen in a while

I got about 20 minutes into it and nearly cried it was that messed up.  Still in shock at what the f**k was going on there.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

tbrick18

Quote from: mouview on January 30, 2012, 04:29:39 PM
Quote from: playwiththewind1st on January 30, 2012, 10:16:38 AM
Quote from: tbrick18 on January 30, 2012, 09:44:18 AM
Anyone watch Ghost Writer last night? If you didnt, word of advice, dont.
Tripe.
Quite possibly one of the worst films I've ever seen.

Agree totally - watched the 1st 90 minutes of it & went to bed, not really caring how it ended.

It's hard to care about any of Ewan McGregor's film to be fair.

Auch I dunno about that, Trainspotting is still one of my favourite films and The Island wasnt bad either.
The Star Wars stuff was pish mind.

Archie Mitchell

Trainspotting is probably the only decent film McGregor has been in. Last film I seen him in was when I watched a bit of I Love You Phillip Morris. Had to turn it off it was that bad, and the fact it was about 2 queers.

Watched The Descendents last night. Average enough film, but was a good performance from Clooney. 6.5/10

Rawhide

Watched 'As Good As It Gets' at the weekend with Jack Nicoholson and Helen Hunt. A very good movie in which both are excellent.
cccc is a true supporter lol

Gabriel_Hurl

Quote from: Celt_Man on January 30, 2012, 06:48:46 PM
Watched The Grey last night... entertaining enough fair, kept you on edge most of the time...

Nearly 24 hours later and I'm still not sure about that ending...

The ending after the credits??

The Iceman

Watched the final Harry Potter and was very disappointed. I've never read the books but I have watched all the films. Part I of the Deathly Hollows was bad, and part II wasn't any better.
5 out of 10.
I will always keep myself mentally alert, physically strong and morally straight

Puckoon

Quote from: The Iceman on January 31, 2012, 03:01:23 PM
Watched the final Harry Potter and was very disappointed. I've never read the books but I have watched all the films. Part I of the Deathly Hollows was bad, and part II wasn't any better.
5 out of 10.

Part one was awful, but part two I really enjoyed.

Celt_Man

Quote from: Gabriel_Hurl on January 31, 2012, 02:46:50 PM
Watched The Grey last night... entertaining enough fair, kept you on edge most of the time...

What????  Don't tell me there was a scene after the credits... ffs
GAA Board Six Nations Fantasy Champion 2010

5 Sams

Quote from: Archie Mitchell on January 31, 2012, 11:38:04 AM
Trainspotting is probably the only decent film McGregor has been in. Last film I seen him in was when I watched a bit of I Love You Phillip Morris. Had to turn it off it was that bad, and the fact it was about 2 queers.

Watched The Descendents last night. Average enough film, but was a good performance from Clooney. 6.5/10

Black Hawk Down was enjoyable imho.
The Aristocrat Years

Gabriel_Hurl

Quote from: Celt_Man on January 31, 2012, 03:32:09 PM

Yeah - there was. Won't spoil it for anyone - but read the Wiki article about the film - it describes it there. I missed it too

Capt Pat

Quote from: Gabriel_Hurl on January 31, 2012, 04:44:47 PM
Quote from: Celt_Man on January 31, 2012, 03:32:09 PM

Yeah - there was. Won't spoil it for anyone - but read the Wiki article about the film - it describes it there. I missed it too

Watched it again tonight. You didn't miss much. It just brought up more question marks.

GalwayBayBoy

Finally got around to watching Drive the last night. Got it into my head beforehand that I wouldn't like but really enjoyed it. Fantastic soundtrack.

A great show. 9/10