Movie recommendations

Started by corn02, October 23, 2007, 10:13:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

HiMucker

Quote from: paco on January 29, 2012, 12:14:05 PM
Very impressed with Warrior, when is The Grey out? Reminds me of The Edge, an old favourite.
Is that the one with Anthony Hopkins and Alec Baldwin.  If so, great show.  Another one of my favorite Hopkins films is Instinct with Cuba gooding jr.  Worth a a watch if you havent seen it.  Sorta a bit like gorillas in the mist.

Minder

Watched the Girl With The Dragon Tattoo (Bond version), have to say I preferred the Swedish version.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Archie Mitchell

Watched the original Girl with the Dragon Tattoo and The Girl Who Played With Fire recently. Thought the first one was very good, but the 2nd one was a bit of a let down. Have the 3rd one coming soon from LoveFilm so hopefully its a bit better than the 2nd one.

Watched The Next Three Days last night. Decent enough show with Russell Crowe. 7/10

playwiththewind1st

Quote from: Don Johnson on January 28, 2012, 10:32:58 PM

On a side note, during J Edgar two middle aged women sat a few rows behind us and wouldn;t shut up the whole film, at some points actually talking out loud, not whispering. I don't understand why these idiots even go to the cinema if that is how they are going to get on? It is one thing that really annoys me.

I had the same thing at Queen's Film Theatre a few years ago. My line to them was "See that bit at the start, about not talking during the film, [pause], did that not f*****g apply to you 2?" Stunned silence.

playwiththewind1st

Quote from: tbrick18 on January 30, 2012, 09:44:18 AM
Anyone watch Ghost Writer last night? If you didnt, word of advice, dont.
Tripe.
Quite possibly one of the worst films I've ever seen.

Agree totally - watched the 1st 90 minutes of it & went to bed, not really caring how it ended.

playwiththewind1st

Quote from: Tony Baloney on January 30, 2012, 01:05:19 AM
Quote from: screenexile on January 30, 2012, 12:47:36 AM
J. Edgar Hoover was OK. Eastwood was trying to make it into some kind of arty film but it failed for me. Plus if you're going to have characters age please just get older people to play them and don't use make up for your younger characters!!

6/10
The chap on Film 98 the other night said the same. He said the aging effects on Leo were rank for a big Hollywood movie.

Went to see it on Saturday. Have to say I've had better experiences at the cinema, to be honest.

nrico2006

Saw War Horse the other night, it was a bit like watching a horsey version of Forrest Gump but I still liked it.

Also watched Abduction last night, good idea but the plot was a bit flimsy and it ended pretty tamely.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

HiMucker

Tried to watch War horse, but couldnt put up with it furlong!   :-\Il get my coat

mouview

Quote from: playwiththewind1st on January 30, 2012, 10:16:38 AM
Quote from: tbrick18 on January 30, 2012, 09:44:18 AM
Anyone watch Ghost Writer last night? If you didnt, word of advice, dont.
Tripe.
Quite possibly one of the worst films I've ever seen.

Agree totally - watched the 1st 90 minutes of it & went to bed, not really caring how it ended.

It's hard to care about any of Ewan McGregor's film to be fair.

Puckoon

Quote from: Archie Mitchell on January 30, 2012, 10:02:22 AM
Watched the original Girl with the Dragon Tattoo and The Girl Who Played With Fire recently. Thought the first one was very good, but the 2nd one was a bit of a let down. Have the 3rd one coming soon from LoveFilm so hopefully its a bit better than the 2nd one.

Watched The Next Three Days last night. Decent enough show with Russell Crowe. 7/10

The girl who kicked the hornets nest was the most enjoyable for me - really liked it. The second one is a bit of a let down all right.

Watched Babel last week - there's a few hours of my life I'll never get back.

Interview with the Vampire again last night - always worth a watch, especially after re-reading the books.

Mayo4Sam

Watched doubt when it was on a couple of weeks back, really enjoyed it.

Anyone else watch "the tree of life"? Good lord I'd sooner put my hand in a vice for two hours than be put through that again, worst film I've seen in a while
Excuse me for talking while you're trying to interrupt me

ballinaman

Watched The Descendants last night, very disappointed.

Good acting by Clooney alright but not much to the plot, not a patch on Little Miss Sunshine which had the same sort of feel about it.

5/10 at push.

ballinaman

Quote from: Minder on January 30, 2012, 09:55:18 AM
Watched the Girl With The Dragon Tattoo (Bond version), have to say I preferred the Swedish version.
+1

Olly

Got to see Forrest Gump in the home. It's about a really stupid man. He does a lot of things but is as thick as champ. I think it would have been too difficult to play that Gump lad from a normal starting position so I'd imagine the actor actually was stupid and the crew just asked him mad things and allowed him to ramble on ridiculously about pure shyte. Then they added CGI (or special effects) to put meat on the bones of his mad tales. He did none of those things.
Access to this webpage has been denied . This website has been categorised as "Sexual Material".

Celt_Man

Watched The Grey last night... entertaining enough fair, kept you on edge most of the time...

Nearly 24 hours later and I'm still not sure about that ending...
GAA Board Six Nations Fantasy Champion 2010