Movie recommendations

Started by corn02, October 23, 2007, 10:13:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Iceman

Crazy Stupid Love - 6 out of 10
Super 8 - 8 out of 10 (spot on with your comments boys, definitely a throw back to ET and the Goonies)
I will always keep myself mentally alert, physically strong and morally straight

Dinny Breen

Quote from: HiMucker on January 04, 2012, 03:13:31 PM
Quote from: Dinny Breen on January 04, 2012, 03:02:23 PM
Quoteyou should watch Pitch Black.  Better show than Alien IMO

Very good  :D  But I did think it was a great show for that genre, alot better than the follow up the chronicles of riddick which was boulder dash.  Here atleast I stuck my neck out! There is boys on here not mentioning the embarrassing films they enjoy  :)

Fair enough but Alien is a classic. In the spirit of you comment I absolutely love High School dramas, so anything from Friday Night Lights to Mean Girls to Remember the Titans to 10 Things I Hate about you to Heathers and I watched Dawson's Creek religiously even though I was in my 20s  :-[
#newbridgeornowhere

paco

Couple of good ones on tonight. 21 just started on RTE, 50 Dead Men Walking is on later on BBC for those who are interested. Anyone seen Deliverance? One I've been meaning to see and it's also on later.

Gold

Girl with a dragon tattoo. 9 out of 10

Class film
"Cheeky Charlie McKenna..."

ballinaman

Quote from: Gold on January 06, 2012, 09:25:32 PM
Girl with a dragon tattoo. 9 out of 10

Class film
Original or Hollywood?

Archie Mitchell

Fallen - bit of a strange one but watchable. 7/10
Red State - another strange one. About an over the top version of the Westboro Bapitst Church. 6/10
Moneyball - Great show. Great performance from Brad. 8.5/10

Gold

"Cheeky Charlie McKenna..."

Capt Pat

Quote from: paco on January 06, 2012, 09:13:26 PM
Couple of good ones on tonight. 21 just started on RTE, 50 Dead Men Walking is on later on BBC for those who are interested. Anyone seen Deliverance? One I've been meaning to see and it's also on later.

Big Trouble in Little China on channel 4 now.

Goon the ice hockey comedy fighting movie with William Scott Thomas is pretty good. 7.5 out of 10. Alison Pill is a real cutie.

sandwiches_in_the_boot

Just watched Moneyball there tonight. http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1210166/

Best sports film I've seen in a while. Based on the true story of Oakland A's general manager (Brad Pitt) and Jonah Hill (fat lad from Superbad) attempts to change baseball around 10 years ago using stats and computer generated analysis.

Better than it sounds...
"A cynic is a man who, when he smells flowers, looks around for a coffin."
H. L. Mencken

Don Johnson

Quote from: Capt Pat on January 07, 2012, 12:46:04 AM

Goon the ice hockey comedy fighting movie with William Scott Thomas is pretty good. 7.5 out of 10. Alison Pill is a real cutie.

You have got to be joking.

tyrone girl

Was gona watch the kings speech tonight is it worth watching?

Minder

Just watched Animal Kingdom - 9/10
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Never beat the deeler

Quote from: Don Johnson on January 07, 2012, 09:01:39 PM
Quote from: Capt Pat on January 07, 2012, 12:46:04 AM

You have got to be joking.

Agree with DJ. I googled her to see what your were on about - her face is too small for her head
Hasta la victoria siempre

ONeill

Quote from: tyrone girl on January 07, 2012, 09:41:49 PM
Was gona watch the kings speech tonight is it worth watching?

Yes.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Ulick

Watched Warrior tonight and was pleasantly surprised. It's no Raging Bull but better than any of the Rocky sequels or The Fighter.