Movie recommendations

Started by corn02, October 23, 2007, 10:13:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Iceman

Quote from: Main Street on December 15, 2011, 03:23:57 PM
Quote from: The Iceman on December 15, 2011, 03:22:23 PM
Watched 13 Assassins last night.
Fantastic Show. 10/10

Did you watch the dubbed version or the subtitled version?
Subtitled.
One thing I didn't understand though was the bandit they found in the woods, how was he still alive at the end after getting the short sword through the neck? Didn't look like he even had any wounds...
I will always keep myself mentally alert, physically strong and morally straight

Capt Pat

Quote from: The Iceman on December 16, 2011, 01:11:30 AM
Fantastic Show. 10/10

Subtitled.
One thing I didn't understand though was the bandit they found in the woods, how was he still alive at the end after getting the short sword through the neck? Didn't look like he even had any wounds...

Obviously he was magic. I think there was an answer when he came into the movie, he was some sort of something or other.

The fight scene at the end is epic. One of the best war/battle/fight scenes in movie history if a bit tongue in cheek.

The Iceman

Obviously he was.

Fantastic fight scene, although tongue in cheek it wasn't your high flying fake cable wires having them balance on leaves and pulling moves out of Mortal Kombat....

13 men to kill 200 would take a good hour with swords
I will always keep myself mentally alert, physically strong and morally straight

CiKe

watched Animal Kingdom, Australian crime drama with Guy Pearce as cop trying to keep a teenager safe from his uncles. Thought was very good show, 8.5/10

Main Street

Quote from: The Iceman on December 16, 2011, 01:11:30 AM
Fantastic Show. 10/10

Subtitled.
I haven watched it yet. I had the dubbed version and I lasted about 30 seconds, it sounded as if the corny voices used were from the mormon international school of US english.

Denn Forever

On BBC2 at the moment and catch it again on the iplayer.  An awe inspiring true story.

21:00 Defiance (T) (2008, War) Premiere.
Three Jewish brothers escape into the woods during the 1939 Nazi invasion of Poland, and begin making a series of guerrilla attacks on German forces. As word of their actions spreads, other refugees join them allowing them to form a larger resistance movement. However, one of the brothers fears their struggle is doomed. Second World War drama, starring Daniel Craig, Liev Schreiber and Jamie Bell.
I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

mylestheslasher

Big lebowski is on Dave at the moment, one of the funniest films out there imo.

mouview

Quote from: Denn Forever on December 17, 2011, 09:20:51 PM
On BBC2 at the moment and catch it again on the iplayer.  An awe inspiring true story.

Watching it at the moment; the true story may have been awe-inspiring, the movie is hackneyed, cliched, with stock accents and predictable set pieces.

Minder

Quote from: mylestheslasher on December 17, 2011, 10:29:50 PM
Big lebowski is on Dave at the moment, one of the funniest films out there imo.

Or Dave ja vu (158 on Sky) if you have missed much of it, an absolute blinder of a film.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Milltown Row2

Star Trek, the prequel. It's on now on film 4. Any good?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Square Ball

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on December 18, 2011, 09:17:30 PM

if you like that sort of thing and I do, thought it was very good indeed
Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid

Tony Baloney

Quote from: Square Ball on December 18, 2011, 09:21:47 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on December 18, 2011, 09:17:30 PM

if you like that sort of thing and I do, thought it was very good indeed
+1

Milltown Row2

Ok will give it a blast, I'll record it as the wife will go ape shite if i continue to watch it ;)
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Milltown Row2

Had to turn over thon film on 4 Bruno!!!! WTF!!!

Tony Baloney

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on December 18, 2011, 10:26:26 PM
Had to turn over thon film on 4 Bruno!!!! WTF!!!
Were you having strange feelings watching it?