Movie recommendations

Started by corn02, October 23, 2007, 10:13:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Canalman

Quote from: ballinaman on October 24, 2011, 03:56:07 PM
Animal Kingdom

Australian crime thriller. Quality

Agree, if it in fact is the one I am thinking of with Guy Pearce in it.

Gritty in your face crime thriller which I particularly like. No black and white characters in it which I liked.
Based on a "true story" I believe.

Don Johnson

Have Animal Kingdom ordered from recommendations in this thread. Should be there when I get home, maybe get it watched tonight.

Dinny Breen

I liked Animal Kingdom but the character development was poor and the acting at times was a bit meh! I actually thought Guy Pearce was on auto-pilot. Worth a watch though.
#newbridgeornowhere

Jonah

Quote from: Don Johnson on October 24, 2011, 04:32:20 PM
Have Animal Kingdom ordered from recommendations in this thread. Should be there when I get home, maybe get it watched tonight.

Thought it was a pretty decent flick.

Puckoon

Watched Mary Shelley's Frankenstein last night. Had remembered being not to impressed with it as a 14 year old - and unfortunately my fears were confirmed. Branagh totally out of his depth as a director and an actor in this one. De Niro's creature was the only thing with any sense of anything. It's shot with such cheap day time soap opera cinematography that it really just sucks.

4/10. They could have done so much more with it. In the words of the Mrs - there wasn't even enough Aiden Quinn to bring it up to a 5.

tbrick18

Quote from: NAG1 on October 24, 2011, 03:58:28 PM
Quote from: Mayo4Sam on October 22, 2011, 12:08:41 AM
Watched Despicable Me this evening, excellent show, very funny.

Followed that up with funny people, very surprised by this, thought it was a good show, some comedy but more a drama, well worth a look but long, 150 min I think

Found this a really hard watch, dont know what it was supposed to be and was way way too long

I saw Despicable Me at the weekend....tis indeed very funny.
Also watched Source Code....good enough show but the story is kind of predictable.

Canalman

Saw The Ides of March last night. A political thriller. Cracking film, would recommend it highly. Very good cast. Not the longest of films though.

nrico2006

Murder By Numbers was decent.

Actually going to try and get my hands on Frankenstein and Dracula to see what they are like.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

Capt Pat

Tin Tin 2 D for me was pretty entertaining.

7.5 out of 10.

SLIGONIAN

Saw Drive recently and was good 7/10, great soundtrack aswell,

Saw the guard and didnt reach my expectations 6.5/10

Last night watched the Tree of Life with pitt and penn, very good, not your normal movie, 8.5/10. Some performances by the child actors though... Terence malick directed.
"hard work will always beat talent if talent doesn't work"

stew

Watched fracture again last night, cracking film with Ryan Gosling and Anthony Hopkins, top notch thriller.
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

SLIGONIAN

Quote from: stew on November 01, 2011, 02:16:21 PM
Watched fracture again last night, cracking film with Ryan Gosling and Anthony Hopkins, top notch thriller.
+1 really love that movie... big fan of gosling and hopkins.
"hard work will always beat talent if talent doesn't work"

AbbeySider

Saw Contagion.
Felt like a documentary rather than a film but it was Ok.
6/10

Declan

QuoteSaw Contagion.
Felt like a documentary rather than a film but it was Ok.
6/10

Yep - unusual feel to it but done very well I thought

Tony Baloney

Quote from: Capt Pat on November 01, 2011, 11:24:37 AM
Tin Tin 2 D for me was pretty entertaining.

7.5 out of 10.
Going to see it tomorrow but unfortunately only 3D in the local cinema.

Must watch Drive this week.