Movie recommendations

Started by corn02, October 23, 2007, 10:13:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

nrico2006

Quote from: Tony Baloney on October 06, 2011, 11:57:53 PM
Quote from: Don Johnson on October 06, 2011, 11:53:41 PM
The music to me was like a cross of Scarface and Grand Theft Auto : Vice City.
Was gonna say, without having seen the movie I'd have a guess at some Giorgio Moroder electronica.

With your hard-ons for Scarface and Manhunter you will love Drive and its electro vibes.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

Tony Baloney

Quote from: nrico2006 on October 07, 2011, 09:00:58 AM
Quote from: Tony Baloney on October 06, 2011, 11:57:53 PM
Quote from: Don Johnson on October 06, 2011, 11:53:41 PM
The music to me was like a cross of Scarface and Grand Theft Auto : Vice City.
Was gonna say, without having seen the movie I'd have a guess at some Giorgio Moroder electronica.

With your hard-ons for Scarface and Manhunter you will love Drive and its electro vibes.
Minder tried to download it for me but made a hash of it.

J OGorman

Drive is a quare show with a great soundtrack

Collage - a real hero
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-DSVDcw6iW8

Snow Patrol - watery song#43
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q-ndrGykpso&feature=related

mouview

Quote from: gallsman on October 07, 2011, 12:17:05 AM
I'm convinced the film I'm trying to think of is one of those Crash/Babel style films where lots of plots are interconnected. Film definitely closes with some piece of what I'd almost call "orchestral" electronic music like that towards the end of Drive, and am convinced there's a nighttime cityscape, almost certainly of LA. Doing my bloody head in!

Short Cuts?

Puckoon

Watched Thor, and Limitless last night.

Thor is what it is - no need for a review (although the ever gorgeous Natalie Portman made it more enjoyable)

Limitless - half good, half weird, half ridiculous. The cinematography put me off it a little bit - but that was a large part of the movie. Looked like I was watching a soap opera. Could have done better with the story they had - enjoyableish all the same.

Puckoon

Watched a movie called "White Irish Drinkers" at the weekend.

Really enjoyable. 8/10

heffo

Watched 'Drive' on the strength of recommendations here - really enjoyed it.

Anyone see Real Steel or Colombiana?

playwiththewind1st

Went to see a film called "Tyrannosaurus" at the weekend. Indie UK film, which will probably not get much publicity, but it is tremendous. Stars Peter Mullan & anything he's in [or directs] is well worth a watching. It's not for the squeamish or the faint hearted, but nonetheless an excellent 90 minutes, if you can stick with it. Thoroughly recommended.

CiKe

Watched Little White Lies last weekend, thought was very good, quality cast

nrico2006

Watched Kill the Irishman, thought it was decent enough but then its hard not to be biased towards Irish orientated films.  Your doll Laura Ramsey in it is unbelievable, like a younger version of Jennifer Esposito.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

Canalman

Saw an Aussie mockumentary last night called Kenny about a portable toilet installer. Maybe not everyone's cup of tea but I really enjoyed it............. some very funny moments in it. The main character's politically incorrect father is hilarious imo.

A scene in it at the end at the Melbourne Cup which I guarantee you have never seen ever on tv or film.

8/10.

The Iceman

Watched Hanna the other night, didn't enjoy it all. It had an eerie side to it that I wasn't expecting.
Have X Men first class to watch this weekend, looking forward to seeing it
I will always keep myself mentally alert, physically strong and morally straight

nrico2006

Looking forward to the new X-Men, never was a big fan of them but watched them when they came out.  Only been recently when they are on again that I actually appreciate them. 

Only watched Rio Bravo the other night for the first time.  Decent show and loved the tune 'My Rifle, My Pony and Me.  Freakily, I am going theough The Sopranos and last night I watched one with Tony in bed watching the scene where they sang that song and at the end of the 'Pie O My' episode the song was played just after the scene where Tony was sitting with the ill horse and the credits rolled.

Your woman in Rio Bravo was something else for the 50's.

gallsman

X-Men First Class is shit and James McAvoy is rapidly becoming the actor I love to hate. Kevin Bacon however, as always, is superb in it.

trileacman

Quote from: gallsman on October 14, 2011, 07:32:38 PM
X-Men First Class is shit and James McAvoy is rapidly becoming the actor I love to hate. Kevin Bacon however, as always, is superb in it.
T'is. Thought Fassbender was brilliant in it though.
Fantasy Rugby World Cup Champion 2011,
Fantasy 6 Nations Champion 2014