Movie recommendations

Started by corn02, October 23, 2007, 10:13:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Capt Pat

I liked that movie. Nobody else here did.

Quote from: Nally Stand on October 03, 2011, 10:25:54 AM
Quote from: ballinaman on September 29, 2011, 12:53:45 PM
Drive is different to say the least. Watched it with 4 others and split opnions on it.

Must be a record for the least amount of dialogue from a main character though!

The American, staring George Clooney. His script must have ran to almost half a file page.

Canalman

Twilight on telly tonight. Worth a look? Sounds very chickflickish.

Just bought The Prophet (French Gangster film). Alphadog and The Lives of Others in a VdeP shop for E4 for the lot. Well worth checking these shops out.

Don Johnson

Have all three of those you bought Canalman. The Lives Of Others the pick of the lot.

Alpha Dog isn't bad, Bully is along the same vein, think it is better.

Wouldn't waste my time watching Twilight, know too many wee girls who love it and wouldn't have any taste at all.

Canalman

Quote from: Don Johnson on October 05, 2011, 03:22:16 PM
Have all three of those you bought Canalman. The Lives Of Others the pick of the lot.

Wouldn't waste my time watching Twilight, know too many wee girls who love it and wouldn't have any taste at all.

Thanks DJ.

Was  actually hoping it would be you would reply.

nrico2006

Quote from: Canalman on October 05, 2011, 02:25:34 PM

Just bought The Prophet (French Gangster film). Alphadog and The Lives of Others in a VdeP shop for E4 for the lot. Well worth checking these shops out.

Twilight is actually very good, the 2nd one was dirt but the third one was also good.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

ONeill

Quote from: Canalman on October 05, 2011, 02:25:34 PM

The Prophet is a clinker. So good I watched it twice in a week.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Archie Mitchell

Watched Drive last night. Quality film. Won't be everyone's cup of tea but definitely worth a watch.

nifan

"A Prophet" -  one of the best films in recent years
Good value you got the Canalman!

The Iceman

transformers 3 - liked the effects, not much else going on but good enough for what it was intended.
I will always keep myself mentally alert, physically strong and morally straight

Tony Baloney

Like nrico2006?

Don Johnson

Quote from: Tony Baloney on October 05, 2011, 05:47:13 PM

Like nrico2006?

My lips are sealed. I tried to watch it when it was on Channel Four one Sunday I think to see what the fuss was about. Too much adolescent moodiness in it to keep me watching.

Downloaded the Drive soundtrack last night, brilliant. 80s electronica throwbacks.

gallsman

Not sure what to make of Drive. The closing sequence combination of that particular music and shimmering city light reminds me of a film I can't quite put my finger on. Anyone any suggestions?

Don Johnson

The music to me was like a cross of Scarface and Grand Theft Auto : Vice City.

Tony Baloney

Quote from: Don Johnson on October 06, 2011, 11:53:41 PM
The music to me was like a cross of Scarface and Grand Theft Auto : Vice City.
Was gonna say, without having seen the movie I'd have a guess at some Giorgio Moroder electronica.

gallsman

I'm convinced the film I'm trying to think of is one of those Crash/Babel style films where lots of plots are interconnected. Film definitely closes with some piece of what I'd almost call "orchestral" electronic music like that towards the end of Drive, and am convinced there's a nighttime cityscape, almost certainly of LA. Doing my bloody head in!