Movie recommendations

Started by corn02, October 23, 2007, 10:13:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Forever Green

Watched Fifty Dead Men Walking for the first time not so long ago. Yes, I did take my time in finally getting to see it and I certainly wasted 2 hours watching this crock of shite. Making that arsehole out to be some sort of hero. Aye, whatever

screenexile

Watched Knuckle there about the traveller fighting. It's more of a documentary than a film and doesn't really show up anything new but at the same time you feel you have to watch it.

See if anyone can spot the cameo at the end??!!

heffo

Quote from: screenexile on September 07, 2011, 10:30:44 PM
Watched Knuckle there about the traveller fighting. It's more of a documentary than a film and doesn't really show up anything new but at the same time you feel you have to watch it.

See if anyone can spot the cameo at the end??!!

Paddy Doherty?

ONeill

2010 Chinese film called 'Poetry' or 'Shi' in Chinese. One that'll live long in the memory.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Eamonnca1

Anybody ever see Pierrepoint - The Last Hangman? All about Albert Pierrepoint, the famous English executioner. It's oddly fascinating, really sticks in your mind for months afterwards. I had to re-watch it multiple times to de-sensitise myself to it and get over some of the more shocking scenes.  The only other film that had that effect on me was Saving Private Ryan.

ONeill

Finally got to see Delicatessen. Crazy French film. Very enjoyable, especially for you cannibals out there.   

mc_grens

Just watched Ip Man. I know I'm late, but it's fantastic.

ziggysego

Watched 'The Other Guys' tonight. Don't see what all the hype was about. Predictable and boring. The only bits that had me laughing, was the final scene with The Rock and Samuel L. Jackson.
Testing Accessibility

Billys Boots

Quote from: ONeill on September 09, 2011, 12:17:11 AM
Finally got to see Delicatessen. Crazy French film. Very enjoyable, especially for you cannibals out there.

Yep, deadly!  ;)
My hands are stained with thistle milk ...

Dinny Breen

Quote from: Billys Boots on September 09, 2011, 11:02:16 AM
Quote from: ONeill on September 09, 2011, 12:17:11 AM

Yep, deadly!  ;)

Loved that flick..
#newbridgeornowhere

clarshack

watched limitless and adjustment bureau in last few days and thought they were ok - no great shakes. also watched hanna and i still cant decide if it was a poor film or not. there was a bit of thought provoking in hanna - does a poor film do that?

Puckoon

Watched Ned Kelly and The Rite yesterday. Just a bit of nonsense really to kill the evening. 7/10 for Kelly and 6/10 for the Rite.

I've never seen the Exorcist - is it any use?

Capt Pat

Quote from: Puckoon on September 20, 2011, 09:31:45 PM
Watched Ned Kelly and The Rite yesterday. Just a bit of nonsense really to kill the evening. 7/10 for Kelly and 6/10 for the Rite.

I've never seen the Exorcist - is it any use?

Brilliant for its time. Often copied but never equaled but it won't have aged very well. You probably won't like it too much having seen all the lesser imitations that have been made since it first came out.

The Iceman

watched the Beaver with Mel Gibson. Shockingly good - wasn't ready for it all
I will always keep myself mentally alert, physically strong and morally straight

ONeill

Quote from: The Iceman on September 22, 2011, 05:47:44 PM
watched the Beaver with Mel Gibson. Shockingly good - wasn't ready for it all

I thought the novelty wore off after about an hour.