Movie recommendations

Started by corn02, October 23, 2007, 10:13:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AbbeySider

Quote from: screenexile on August 31, 2011, 11:33:53 AM
Anyone catch Boy in the Striped Pyjamas last night? Excellent film!

+1 great film

Orior

Quote from: AbbeySider on August 31, 2011, 04:56:44 PM
Quote from: screenexile on August 31, 2011, 11:33:53 AM
Anyone catch Boy in the Striped Pyjamas last night? Excellent film!

+1 great film

Additional benefit was the lead actress
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

Orangemac

Quote from: Tony Baloney on August 31, 2011, 08:56:08 AM
Quote from: DrinkingHarp on August 31, 2011, 02:53:18 AM
Watched Avatar last night, thought it was going to be a kids show but was an excellent story line and the special effects were fantastic, can't wait for the sequel.

Also caught Secretariat last week, one of the best sporting movies I think of all-time.
Maggie Gyllenhaal is sexy in it.
+1. She's the thinking man's piece of skirt!

screenexile

Quote from: Orangemac on August 31, 2011, 10:58:41 PM
Quote from: Tony Baloney on August 31, 2011, 08:56:08 AM
Quote from: DrinkingHarp on August 31, 2011, 02:53:18 AM
Watched Avatar last night, thought it was going to be a kids show but was an excellent story line and the special effects were fantastic, can't wait for the sequel.

Also caught Secretariat last week, one of the best sporting movies I think of all-time.
Maggie Gyllenhaal is sexy in it.
+1. She's the thinking man's piece of skirt!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SjB6psI1Rc4

Capt Pat

I saw The Skin I live in tonight with Antoio Banderas and ELENA :-*ANAYA. A dirkly themed tongue in cheek movie about a doctors attempts to create a cure for skin burns with the help of a lady who lives in his house. It is hard to say too much without giving things away. So back to Elena Anaya, I am in lust. What a hottie. Sorry I am on an i phone without the ability to post pictures. I will have to keep an eye out for her other movies where she takes clothes off.

7.5 out of 10 for the movie.

Maggie Gylanhall me arse........ok she is not too bad but not in the same class as Elena Anaya.

Denn Forever

Tonight at 9.00 on Film4, Dodgeball.  Park you brain in neutral and get in the snacks.

Garrhhh
I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

Orior

I watched Four Lions last night.

Mildly funny in parts, but disturbing at the same time. I will never watch it again.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

ziggysego

Quote from: Orior on September 05, 2011, 09:37:55 AM
I watched Four Lions last night.

Mildly funny in parts, but disturbing at the same time. I will never watch it again.

I thought it was an excellent film. A good mixture of comedy and drama. Chris Morris certainly knows how to get a message across.

The line about Fathers 4 Justice joining up with the Real IRA had me in stitches.
Testing Accessibility

NAG1

Really enjoyed 4 liona but then again did I  :-\

Really funny in parts and then other were seriously tough going, wasnt sure at part whether I should be laughing or not but couldnt help it in places.

Very clever film all round

tbrick18

Saw the Girl with the dragon tattoo trilogy there over the last week.....very very good.
9/10 for me.

ross matt

Quote from: tbrick18 on September 06, 2011, 03:39:46 PM
Saw the Girl with the dragon tattoo trilogy there over the last week.....very very good.
9/10 for me.

Watched all 3 some time back. Thought the 1st one was the best by far though.

Capt Pat

I saw Kill List last night. A British violent suspense movie that gets a bit strange at the end. I would give it 6 out of 10. It started out ok but I don't like where it went.

tbrick18

Quote from: ross matt on September 07, 2011, 12:04:04 AM
Quote from: tbrick18 on September 06, 2011, 03:39:46 PM
9/10 for me.

Watched all 3 some time back. Thought the 1st one was the best by far though.

Yeah first one was best, but if you take all 3 films together as one story its very good.

Canalman

Saw Kill the Irishman on dvd last night. Mobster movie set in Ohio in the 1970s. Watchable. Very good cast in it............... heaps of actors you would recognise in it with smallish parts.

Puckoon

Watchable is about the best thing you could say about that movie Canalman.

Watched unknown last night with the big fella Neeson and his sidekick Quinn.
6.5-7/10.