Movie recommendations

Started by corn02, October 23, 2007, 10:13:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Celt_Man

Quote from: Estimator on August 24, 2011, 12:34:11 PM
On another note, I recently read that they are adapting the Jack Reacher novels by Lee Child into films. In the book Jack Reacher is 6ft5, and signed up to play Reacher is..... Tom Cruise - shocking casting!

I got very exciting reading that first part of the sentence... and then to see Oddjob's name there - what a let down  ??? >:(
GAA Board Six Nations Fantasy Champion 2010

tbrick18

Quote from: tbrick18 on August 24, 2011, 12:17:51 PM
Quote from: screenexile on August 24, 2011, 10:40:30 AM
Watched "The Girl who Kicked the Hornet's Nest" tonight. Not as good as the previous 2 films but finished off the story well and all in all an excellent trilogy.

Are they doing an English/American remake of them . . . it would be the type of movie that could translate well I would think.

What's the order of these films SE? I keep meaning to have a go at them but never quite sure which one I need to watch first!

Dragon Tatoo
Played with Fire
Hornets Nest

Daniel Craig is Blomkvist and Rooney Mara is Lisbeth with Fincher directing in Hollywood version.

On another note, I recently read that they are adapting the Jack Reacher novels by Lee Child into films. In the book Jack Reacher is 6ft5, and signed up to play Reacher is..... Tom Cruise - shocking casting!

Ta!
I read some of the Jack Reacher books...should make for a decent film alright. Tom Cruise though.....hmm.

Mickey Linden

Quote from: A.B.U on August 24, 2011, 04:12:46 PM
Watched Captain America, Super 8 and Horrible Bosses just recently. Each one was worse than the other.

Did u watch them in that order?

Tony Baloney

Quote from: Celt_Man on August 24, 2011, 03:28:33 PM

I got very exciting reading that first part of the sentence... and then to see Oddjob's name there - what a let down  ??? >:(
They must have got the 6 and the 5 in the height mixed up.

laoislad

Horrible bosses was indeed horrible,what a waste of time it was watching that.

Super 8 was very good IMO,Captain America was entertaining enough.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

Denn Forever

Liam Neeson for the Jack Reacher role?  Can't think of anyone else out there who might suit.
I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

ross4life

Haven't seen Captain America yet, what was Hugo Weaving like as the Red Skull? he was very good in V for Vendetta,The Matrix etc.
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

Puckoon

Quote from: Denn Forever on August 24, 2011, 05:50:58 PM
Liam Neeson for the Jack Reacher role?  Can't think of anyone else out there who might suit.

I am incredulous that Cruise is even close to considered for this role. Gerard Butler, Neeson, even Viggo Mortenson spring to mind off the top of my head.

Celt_Man

Quote from: Puckoon on August 24, 2011, 05:56:28 PM
Quote from: Denn Forever on August 24, 2011, 05:50:58 PM

I am incredulous that Cruise is even close to considered for this role. Gerard Butler, Neeson, even Viggo Mortenson spring to mind off the top of my head.

Off the top of my head yer man from Thor....  Or do a Superman Returns job and get a relative "no-body"??
GAA Board Six Nations Fantasy Champion 2010

Puckoon

Alexander Skarsgard even!

Dammit, I wonder will Child write a book where Reacher smashes someone's head in at the suggestion that Tom Cruise would play him in a movie.

Denn Forever

Maybe Cruise could play Reacher's brother Joe?
I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

Estimator

This quote has been attributed to Child regarding the casting of Cruise in One Shot:

"Reacher's size in the books is a metaphor for an unstoppable force, which Cruise portrays in his own way."
Ulster League Champions 2009

Canalman

Movie at  9pm tonight called Copland on TV3 (I think). You could do worse things than watch it. Tidy enough flick. Worth a look if you are doing nothing else.

paco

Another good show on BBC1 at 11.35, A Beautiful Mind.

SLIGONIAN

Just seen Dragon Tattoo, top class movie, really top class, thought it was pretty flawless, always has you hooked, great acting too... cant see the americans toping it.. 9.5/10

Watched Eat, Pray, Love and enjoyed it, was quite deep and more of inner voyage of discovery type movie, 8/10.
"hard work will always beat talent if talent doesn't work"