Movie recommendations

Started by corn02, October 23, 2007, 10:13:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ONeill

The Beaver - Jodie Foster's effort with Mel Gibson. 6/10.

Gibson has mental illness and uses a beaver puppet to deal with it. Watching a beaver ride Foster was weird...hold on....
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Armaghgeddon

Quote from: The Iceman on August 11, 2011, 03:30:05 PM
Thought Due Date was bad in fairness.
Few laughs but overall very disappointing - expected more from it

watched Ip Man II - if you are a martials arts fan well worth watching the first one and this one - Donnie Yen - based on Bruce Lee's trainer's early life.

Best martial arts film I have watched in a good while.

ziggysego

Quote from: ONeill on August 21, 2011, 11:30:33 PM
The Beaver - Jodie Foster's effort with Mel Gibson. 6/10.

Gibson has mental illness and uses a beaver puppet to deal with it. Watching a beaver ride Foster was weird...hold on....

8)
Testing Accessibility

Canalman

Being John Malkovich on tonight.

Started to watch it twice and switched off early on both times.Is it worth persevering with?

Value more the opinions of many on this board than the critics/ movie afficiandos in the media.

HiMucker

Quote from: Canalman on August 22, 2011, 09:28:09 AM

Started to watch it twice and switched off early on both times.Is it worth persevering with?

Value more the opinions of many on this board than the critics/ movie afficiandos in the media.
I thought  it was really boring, but others may differ.

Heart Break Ridge was on the other night, fantastic show

tbrick18

The Green Mile and Legends of the Fall both on last night....both class shows IMO.

screenexile

Quote from: Canalman on August 22, 2011, 09:28:09 AM

I love Being John Malkovich, very funny and insightful film but I do understand it's not everyone's cup of tea. In fairness if you've turned it off twice in the middle it probably isn't for you.

nrico2006

Quote from: tbrick18 on August 22, 2011, 09:39:53 AM
The Green Mile and Legends of the Fall both on last night....both class shows IMO.

Two of the best, have them both on DVD and watched LOTF again a few months back and still as good as ever.  A River Runs Through It is also very good.

Watched Orphan last week, very good show and thon girl in it was an evil wee hallion.  Vera Farmiga was displaying the flesh as per usual, which I had little complaints about. 

Also saw Insidious, scary show that was better than I expected it to be.  I watched Tracker (Ray Winstone), was a pretty poor effort to be honest.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

ONeill

Anybody watched Cedar Ridge or Win Win?

A.B.U

Quote from: ONeill on August 22, 2011, 11:50:19 AM
Anybody watched Cedar Ridge or Win Win?

Do you mean Cedar Rapids?

Tony Baloney

Quote from: nrico2006 on August 22, 2011, 10:46:45 AM
Quote from: tbrick18 on August 22, 2011, 09:39:53 AM

Two of the best, have them both on DVD and watched LOTF again a few months back and still as good as ever.  A River Runs Through It is also very good.

Watched Orphan last week, very good show and thon girl in it was an evil wee hallion.  Vera Farmiga was displaying the flesh as per usual, which I had little complaints about. 

Also saw Insidious, scary show that was better than I expected it to be.  I watched Tracker (Ray Winstone), was a pretty poor effort to be honest.
You're worse than a woman.

Watched Source Code on Saturday night - give it about 7.5/10. Was expecting better based on reviews I had read.

AbbeySider

I saw two films in the Cinema the other night

Super 8 - like a mixture between the Goonies and ET. I really liked it. 8/10

Rise of the planet of the apes - another good choice, well worth a look 8/10

ONeill

Canalman

Thanks for the heads up about Being JM. Will give it a miss so as seems an acquired taste.

nifan

Quote from: Tony Baloney on August 22, 2011, 01:37:26 PM
Watched Source Code on Saturday night - give it about 7.5/10. Was expecting better based on reviews I had read.

Was pretty good - though plot holes all over the shop. Entertaining though.
Dont think id give it that extra half point :)