Movie recommendations

Started by corn02, October 23, 2007, 10:13:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

laoislad

Watched X-men First Class tonight and really enjoyed it.
Haven't watched any of the rest of them,are they worth watching?
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

Bogball XV

Quote from: laoislad on August 10, 2011, 08:32:54 PM
Watched X-men First Class tonight and really enjoyed it.
Haven't watched any of the rest of them,are they worth watching?
they're not the worst, funnily my favourite was the last one 'Wolverine Origins' or something like that (you'd prob need to watch the others first though).
Another very underrated superhero film was Fantastic 4 and the follow up - much better than many of the others out there imo.

Don Johnson

Saw Due Date a while back, some very good moments but overall I was disappointed with it. Think I had bigger hopes for Todd Phillips, Galifanakis and Downey Jr (who I thought was great in Tropic Thunder).

Watched Intermission again there last night, great cast, great one liners, great film.

Have two DVDs coming today (hopefully) which I have read good reviews for: Exam and Eden Lake. Hopefully get them watched tonight.

Dinny Breen

Eden Lake is a surprisingly good horror/thriller movie. Not for the squeamish.
#newbridgeornowhere

tbrick18

Quote from: SLIGONIAN on August 09, 2011, 09:00:46 PM
Quote from: The Iceman on August 09, 2011, 08:55:07 PM
Quote from: tbrick18 on August 09, 2011, 12:27:18 PM
Watched Due Date at the weekend....pure rubbish.
crap - have it at the house to watch tonight!!
Dont heed another persons opinion, i thought it was brilliant. Watch it and judge for yourself...

Fair enough....comedy films are a bit like that, others could find it hilarious no doubt. The only real funny part for me was when they were trying to sleep in the car....

Capt Pat

Devils Double is an interesting tale of Uday Hussein and his double. Sex drugs rock n roll and violence feature prominently. It is a true story.

I thought it was very good and give it 8 out of 10. Imdb only award 6.7 out of 10.

SLIGONIAN

Seen Super 8 last night, disappointing tbh, considering reveiws and JJ but just about entertaining enough. 5.5/10.
"hard work will always beat talent if talent doesn't work"

The Iceman

Thought Due Date was bad in fairness.
Few laughs but overall very disappointing - expected more from it

watched Ip Man II - if you are a martials arts fan well worth watching the first one and this one - Donnie Yen - based on Bruce Lee's trainer's early life.
I will always keep myself mentally alert, physically strong and morally straight

ONeill

Quote from: SLIGONIAN on August 11, 2011, 02:47:22 PM
Seen Super 8 last night, disappointing tbh, considering reveiws and JJ but just about entertaining enough. 5.5/10.

Thank God it's not just me. Was going to give it another airing tonight as everyone else seemed to think it was great.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

tbrick18

Quote from: The Iceman on August 11, 2011, 03:30:05 PM
Thought Due Date was bad in fairness.
Few laughs but overall very disappointing - expected more from it

watched Ip Man II - if you are a martials arts fan well worth watching the first one and this one - Donnie Yen - based on Bruce Lee's trainer's early life.

I saw the first one, it was deadly. I didnt know there was a sequel, must keep an eye out for it.

Capt Pat

Super 8 is an average movie. 6.5 out of 10. Why is it set in 1980?

SLIGONIAN

Quote from: Capt Pat on August 11, 2011, 07:06:18 PM
Super 8 is an average movie. 6.5 out of 10. Why is it set in 1980?
It was JJ Abrams vanity project, when he was a child he used to make 8mm movies about zombies with his mates, because hes had so much success he got chance to make his childhood movie and added in the monster after. I thought it was lazy considering he'd already given us Cloverfield. Hope Star Trek 2 lives up to the hype..
"hard work will always beat talent if talent doesn't work"

J OGorman

watched Your Highness last night...jesus I laughed. You also get to see Natalie Portman's schuck which was really nice

Canalman

Quote from: Capt Pat on August 11, 2011, 02:18:22 PM
Devils Double is an interesting tale of Uday Hussein and his double. Sex drugs rock n roll and violence feature prominently. It is a true story.

I thought it was very good and give it 8 out of 10. Imdb only award 6.7 out of 10.

Thanks for that CP. Was humming and hawing about going to this one. Will go now despite some of the sniffy reviews in the papers.

EagleLord

Captain America the other night, not my choice. Kids loved it like but I just thought it was shocking. Meant to be set in WWII but the lazer guns and flying contraptions..just plain shite..