Official Cavan GAA Thread

Started by BallyhaiseMan, November 10, 2006, 01:47:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Itchy

Not saying he was rubbish I just you over stated his influence when he came on. He did some good stuff but he also did some bad stuff. Mackey, who was poor enough in first 3/4, was the real dynamo in the last quarter I felt.

Westside

If the Cavan team are lacking any motivation going into Sunday, throw on The GAA Hour with Steven McDonnell, Colm Parkinson and that dose from Derry and listen to their assessment of Cavan and our players...

mrdeeds

Quote from: Westside on March 30, 2018, 12:08:26 AM
If the Cavan team are lacking any motivation going into Sunday, throw on The GAA Hour with Steven McDonnell, Colm Parkinson and that dose from Derry and listen to their assessment of Cavan and our players...

Absolutely no research done. Conan said we lost after bet Derry in Celtic Park. They said we've never got to a quarters. Said no inside forward threat.

Looking to Sunday would love to see Murray fit or Fergal Reilly in at corner back.

Itchy

Quote from: mrdeeds on March 30, 2018, 09:15:36 AM
Quote from: Westside on March 30, 2018, 12:08:26 AM

Absolutely no research done. Conan said we lost after bet Derry in Celtic Park. They said we've never got to a quarters. Said no inside forward threat.

Looking to Sunday would love to see Murray fit or Fergal Reilly in at corner back.

Considering we have no forwards we only scored 4 pts less than Roscommon and more than anyone else in the division. Anyway lads should show them on the pitch in Sunday.

Itchy

McVitty hammer done. What a balls up by the manager and I suppose the physio not to diagnose that and get him off the pitch. I would say highly unlikely to start against Donegal now.

mrdeeds

Quote from: Itchy on April 03, 2018, 02:27:34 PM
McVitty hammer done. What a balls up by the manager and I suppose the physio not to diagnose that and get him off the pitch. I would say highly unlikely to start against Donegal now.

Physio seemed to indicate for him.to be substituted. Looked like players decision but never should have being allowed. Manager needs to take control.

Duckquay

Hopefully the players will all be back with their clubs this weekend.

mrdeeds

Quote from: Duckquay on April 03, 2018, 07:31:10 PM
Hopefully the players will all be back with their clubs this weekend.

They will be. It's a GAA directive. Well some lads like McVeety won't and some might still be on beer.

Duckquay

McVeety out for the Donegal game.

Westside

Such a loss. We haven't had a player in form like that in years.

Hard to see us getting a result in Donegal. Man for man they're better than us and we don't have a tactical genius at the helm to bridge the gap.

mrdeeds

Quote from: Westside on April 05, 2018, 04:18:22 PM
Such a loss. We haven't had a player in form like that in years.

Hard to see us getting a result in Donegal. Man for man they're better than us and we don't have a tactical genius at the helm to bridge the gap.

They've a lot of classy players and we're plugging our defence with lads who play as forwards for their clubs.

Itchy

Disaster and I'm afraid management team are at fault for the severity of the tear. All they can do now is give it a lash but can't see us winning that match.

cavanmaniac

Have to agree, Itchy. Mattie has redeemed himself to a good extent this year so far but that decision  to not wrap McVeety in cotton wool as soon as he had so much as cracked a fingernail simply beggared belief. It's almost certainly cost us whatever small chance we had against Donegal in the first place but hopefully he'll come back for what proves to be a decent run in the qualifiers, after a few years of underachievement there.

I literally cannot come up with any sane reason why he'd have been left on. Very disappointing.

Itchy

I read over on hoganstand someone saying McVitty is back training? Seems very early, anyone know if its true?

Seniors playing Longford in Grandard on Sunday in a challenge

mrdeeds

I'd be very doubtful. Thomas Galligan gone from panel.