Tyrone County Football and Hurling

Started by Fear ón Srath Bán, April 01, 2007, 05:58:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Up The Middle

Quote from: The Golden Years on August 28, 2017, 02:43:32 PM
Quote from: Il Bomber Destro on August 28, 2017, 10:31:23 AM
Quote from: driveherin on August 28, 2017, 10:00:27 AM
Sean Cavanagh deserves a huge pat on the back...fantastic servant to Tyrone Football. Who else is likely to go? Justy? McCarron? That's probably it from a young team?

Is that the end of Mickey and Horse? I hope so...a fresh face and voice required. Also...he has no intentions of getting rid of his ultra defensive system if he stays on!!! (according to his BBC interview) Baffling!!!

What difference will a change of system make?

It seems like those championing Harte leave are just looking for change for change's sake.

The one thing that was repeated going down before Sunday was that Tyrone would go toe to toe with Dublin physically and athletically. We were destroyed in those departments. We don't have enough big athletic, quick, talented footballers in the county.

Mark Bradley is a lovely footballer but he's too small for the modern game. If he was playing in Dublin, he wouldn't be looked at because of his height. I had a look through the match programme last year, I don't think I saw one player under 5"11 on the Dublin squad.

As a general rule to make the Dublin squad, you have to be:

5"11 or over
Have supreme pace, power and fitness
Be a very good footballer

No other county has that sort of luxury, Kerry carry a lot of players without the requisite mobility for the modern game. Mayo have a few lads there who lack in certain aspects as do Tyrone.

Should this not be a prerequisite for every county team??? Tyrone have players on the team that might not even make the best club times in the country.  Thankfully Connor Gormley was brave enough to throw himself at a players feet to make his block  in 03 otherwise we might have no all Irelands unlike a certain player who put out his hand and turned his back yesterday (and probably closed his eyes) attempting to make a block for for Dublins first goal. Fortune favours the brave.

He was probably just back from a full length of the field pointless sprint
I'm very important. I have many leather-bound books and my apartment smells of rich mahogany.

WT4E

Quote from: Up The Middle on August 28, 2017, 02:57:12 PM
Sean Cavanagh deserves a huge pat on the back...fantastic servant to Tyrone Football. Who else is likely to go? Justy? McCarron? That's probably it from a young team?

Is that the end of Mickey and Horse? I hope so...a fresh face and voice required. Also...he has no intentions of getting rid of his ultra defensive system if he stays on!!! (according to his BBC interview) Baffling!!!

It seems like those championing Harte leave are just looking for change for change's sake.

The one thing that was repeated going down before Sunday was that Tyrone would go toe to toe with Dublin physically and athletically. We were destroyed in those departments. We don't have enough big athletic, quick, talented footballers in the county.

Mark Bradley is a lovely footballer but he's too small for the modern game. If he was playing in Dublin, he wouldn't be looked at because of his height. I had a look through the match programme last year, I don't think I saw one player under 5"11 on the Dublin squad.

5"11 or over

No other county has that sort of luxury, Kerry carry a lot of players without the requisite mobility for the modern game. Mayo have a few lads there who lack in certain aspects as do Tyrone.

Should this not be a prerequisite for every county team??? Tyrone have players on the team that might not even make the best club times in the country.  Thankfully Connor Gormley was brave enough to throw himself at a players feet to make his block  in 03 otherwise we might have no all Irelands unlike a certain player who put out his hand and turned his back yesterday (and probably closed his eyes) attempting to make a block for for Dublins first goal. Fortune favours the brave.

Ah lads - i'm no fan of mccrory but thats harsh.

southtyronegael

well i watched the game back again earlier and i may as well have been watchin the tyrone/mayo game last year. same system failure, same certain overhyped players being found out against a ruthless football team who knew how to put us to the sword with ease. no amount of dressing up or sweeping under the carpet can disguise what an utter failure this has been. of course mickey is already in the paper today saying he is going nowwhere. and with him in charge tyrone are going nowhere too. shame on you mickey, shame on you.

The Golden Years

Quote from: WT4E on August 28, 2017, 03:37:04 PM
Quote from: Up The Middle on August 28, 2017, 02:57:12 PM

5"11 or over

Ah lads - i'm no fan of mccrory but thats harsh.

I don't think telling the truth is being harsh. I say it as I seen it.

Localexpert

Didn't take Sean Cavanagh long to start talking to rte again after his retirement  ::)

southtyronegael

Quote from: Localexpert on August 28, 2017, 06:46:02 PM
Didn't take Sean Cavanagh long to start talking to rte again after his retirement  ::)
noticed that.seems to be a recurring theme for ex players.meanwhile on BBC mickey says he wont abandon the blanket because of one result.lol. You couldn't make it up.

longballin

noticed that too which indicates this ban is being foisted on them...

Localexpert

Quote from: longballin on August 28, 2017, 07:42:19 PM

Would certainly seem that way given the fact it took Cavanagh less than 24hrs to end his ban.

Obviously Sean is a high profile player but I would reckon rte jump at the opportunity to interview players as soon as they leave the panel to highlight how quick they talk when they've left the panel... 

square_ball

RTE probably lining him up for a gig on the Sunday Game next year.

driveherin

Yea some loyalty alright!!! P Jordan was the same....all about the ££££££££

time ticking away

Quote from: driveherin on August 29, 2017, 08:05:49 AM

Would that be the same reason why mickey wants to stay on as manager
canavan is the man canavan is the man ee aye adi ooh.......

blewuporstuffed

Quote from: driveherin on August 29, 2017, 08:05:49 AM

Do you think after a long inter county career these lads arent entitled to try and make a few quid on the media circuit?
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

Tyrone Gaa

I think if you knew P.Jordan or S.Cavanagh they are both well paid professionals I don't think they need a few quid from RTE to ensure the Mortgage gets paid.  If it was a principled stand on their behalf and not an enforced stance these boys would have no issue maintaining to media ban.  Brian McGuigan id imagine is the same
Living the dream!!!

WT4E

Quote from: longballin on August 28, 2017, 07:42:19 PM

Yes very noticeable - heard a rumour that Cavanagh and Harte don't get on anyway and that once Colm retires the book will be no holds barred!

driveherin

wise up!!! Doesn't matter how well paid their job is...always want more dough!!!