Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ClubScene13

Quote from: skeog on August 31, 2023, 02:00:28 PM
A drawn game seems to be popular with a few basements clubs only saying.

I expect shenanigans over the next 10 days, great time of year

ClubScene13

Augher v Glenelly in Junior Prelim round this Saturday is priced at £8 ticket, £9 live stream

clubman21

Quote from: ClubScene13 on August 31, 2023, 02:56:33 PM
Augher v Glenelly in Junior Prelim round this Saturday is priced at £8 ticket, £9 live stream
Farce

Tyronechampionship

This live stream price is an absolute disgrace. How is it other counties can do a season ticket that is good value for money but it also saves the hassle of having to make a payment for each game. I would have no issue paying for a one of season ticket that got you value for money but I'm not not paying that sort of for each individual game and probably more when we get to the latter stages.
On a brighter note... all hail the dodgy box!!

statto

Quote from: Tyronechampionship on August 31, 2023, 03:21:31 PM

This live stream price is an absolute disgrace. How is it other counties can do a season ticket that is good value for money but it also saves the hassle of having to make a payment for each game. I would have no issue paying for a one of season ticket that got you value for money but I'm not not paying that sort of for each individual game and probably more when we get to the latter stages.

"Quality not quantity!"

The Co Board are well and truly shafting yous. 

trailer

How much would it cost to set up a live stream? And before you answer, think about all the shitty live stream that fail when more than 12 ppl log on. I'd imagine the costs are incredible. Labour alone is bound to run into thousands. Could be wrong. I can't imagine 500 ppl are paying to watch Glenelly V Augher.

clubman21

Definitely wouldnt tune in myself, a season ticket for streams however and I would be much more likely to switch it on. Better for us as viewers, better for players (more eyes) and the stream then becomes worthwhile.

clarshack

Wasn't able to make the Junior Preliminary or 1st Round last year but looked up the email for the 1/4 Final game v Drumquin in Augher (stand-alone fixture) and it was £6 in. Just over a 33% increase on last year.

square_ball

It was £8 in last year to a first round junior/intermediate double header.

£8 for one game this year then. Likely be £10 in for a double header.

clarshack

Quote from: trailer on August 31, 2023, 03:54:26 PM

How much would it cost to set up a live stream? And before you answer, think about all the shitty live stream that fail when more than 12 ppl log on. I'd imagine the costs are incredible. Labour alone is bound to run into thousands. Could be wrong. I can't imagine 500 ppl are paying to watch Glenelly V Augher.

How can other counties provide a season TV pass at a reasonable price?
The Ulster Council use the inplayer service as well and they had a season pass in 2022 at £60 for about half the no. of games of the Tyrone Championships. Ok there were games that were deferred but I think people would take that.
What neutral is going to pay £9 to watch Augher v Glenelly except maybe Clann na nGael as they play the winners.

inroundthesquare

Trillick v Dungannon stand alone SFC first round last year was also £6 in

SFC R1 Double header was £8

LeoMc

Why should the live stream be cheaper than the attendance fee?

Redhand Santa

Quote from: LeoMc on September 01, 2023, 08:42:58 AM

Exactly. We've always had well attended championship games adding to the atmosphere/occassion. Should be encouraging as many to go to games and not take the easy option of sitting at home.

LeoMc

Quote from: Redhand Santa on September 01, 2023, 10:05:24 AM
Quote from: LeoMc on September 01, 2023, 08:42:58 AM

Exactly. We've always had well attended championship games adding to the atmosphere/occassion. Should be encouraging as many to go to games and not take the easy option of sitting at home.
Gate money is a major source of revenue. I would rather current pricing than half price and a back door or round robin format to make up the shortfall.

ClubScene13

It's worth it for the current league & championship format, and as mentioned above, it's a very very good service once you've bought it