Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Under Lights

Quote from: Tyrone95 on September 18, 2017, 09:35:17 AM
Quote from: The Golden Years on September 18, 2017, 08:54:29 AM
Quote from: Wee Roddy on September 18, 2017, 08:48:50 AM
Would a solution to this problem with the ladies not be to push the game back to 8 O Clock in Omagh.
I know Carrickmore have players working in Dublin so they might not agree too easily to rearrange it for a midweek game.

Tyrone ladies game at 1.45.  Plenty of time to be up the road for a 6.30 throw in?
On paper it sounds ok, but saying Tyrone win, supporters wont be leaving immediately after the final whistle, wouldnt like to be rushing up the road myself trying to beat the clock...An 8pm throw in on either day next weekend seems like the only solution

Hope ladies see sense and move their game to 11am.

The Golden Years

Quote from: Under Lights on September 18, 2017, 10:10:54 AM
Would a solution to this problem with the ladies not be to push the game back to 8 O Clock in Omagh.
I know Carrickmore have players working in Dublin so they might not agree too easily to rearrange it for a midweek game.

Tyrone ladies game at 1.45.  Plenty of time to be up the road for a 6.30 throw in?
On paper it sounds ok, but saying Tyrone win, supporters wont be leaving immediately after the final whistle, wouldnt like to be rushing up the road myself trying to beat the clock...An 8pm throw in on either day next weekend seems like the only solution

;D

longballin

Quote from: The Golden Years on September 18, 2017, 10:13:00 AM
Quote from: Under Lights on September 18, 2017, 10:10:54 AM

;D

With Carrickmore players in Dublin what about move their game to evening in Parnell Park?

LeoMc

Did Omagh and Ardboe get a choice?

Wee Roddy

That is different
Why would any club agree to change something if it hampered their chances of winning?

TabClear

Quote from: Wee Roddy on September 18, 2017, 11:55:16 AM
That is different
Why would any club agree to change something if it hampered their chances of winning?

Absolutely. Not sure of Ulster Club deadlines but surely there is no need for any mid week games at this stage, accepting the Ardboe/Omagh match is a different set of circumstances

County Board have made a major fcuk up here, really poor not to have considered the Ladies in setting the fixtures. 

LeoMc

Quote from: Wee Roddy on September 18, 2017, 11:55:16 AM
That is different
Why is it different?
Not winding here or saying it is right but Omagh and Ardboe had their game refixed for mid-week. If they were not asked their opinion on the timing of the refixture why would Carmen or Errigal be?

That If is doing a bit of heavy lifting in this argument.  :D

Wee Roddy

i think it will be changed but at the moment is it not the case that they want the two clubs to do it?

Tyrone Gaa

Quote from: Wee Roddy on September 18, 2017, 01:48:12 PM
i think it will be changed but at the moment is it not the case that they want the two clubs to do it?

CB need to get the date right because this fixture will be a big money spinner for them.  2 Well supported clubs with a historical rivalry that will engage neutrals.  CB wont look to lose out on any potential coin that a mid week fixture may create.
Living the dream!!!

WT4E

I'd say the solution will be change the Sunday double header to Thursday Night in Omagh 7pm and 8.30pm

Change Owen Roes and Fintona to Saturday.

Simples

tc_manchester

Quote from: WT4E on September 18, 2017, 02:11:28 PM
I'd say the solution will be change the Sunday double header to Thursday Night in Omagh 7pm and 8.30pm

Simples
Fintona have a golf function on Saturday that they're running in conjuction with the Michaela Foundation

WT4E

Quote from: tc_manchester on September 18, 2017, 02:21:09 PM

Simples
Fintona have a golf function on Saturday that they're running in conjuction with the Michaela Foundation

Garvaghy could hold that game on Friday evening?

Bua

When will a decision be made on the potential rearranging of the Sunday fixtures can anyone tell me please?

tinder5

Quote from: WT4E on September 18, 2017, 02:25:59 PM

Simples

So its okay to shaft Junior clubs again by being expected to move Garvaghy? Why can't Omagh/Ardboe go there?
Obviously Garvaghy wouldn't be able to hold it due to support and the thought of it being played there is crazy but my point is, no club should be expected to play a championship game in Garvaghy. That's not what it was built for. The Derg & Derrylaughan game should never have been played there!

The CCC are obviously  trying to get it wrapped up as best possible to avoid the situation where clubs are playing promotion/relegation playoffs in november after a lengthly period of time off. Id expect D1 & D2 relegation playoffs to be played the weekend 30th Sept if both Eskra & Greencastle are beaten this weekend. Junior football also has 2 rounds of fixtures to fit in to determine home playoffs etc. And i'd expect the first one of those rounds to be played the weekend of 30th Sept. Id say due to a vast number of complaints in previous years the CCC want those play offs played before November unlike the previous few years. Therefore cant see these fixtures being changed... However it does lead to a lot more problems for the CCC in the future.

Fixtures aren't ideal but they aren't the worst either!

WT4E

Quote from: tinder5 on September 18, 2017, 03:19:21 PM
Quote from: WT4E on September 18, 2017, 02:25:59 PM

Simples

So its okay to shaft Junior clubs again by being expected to move Garvaghy? Why can't Omagh/Ardboe go there?
Obviously Garvaghy wouldn't be able to hold it due to support and the thought of it being played there is crazy but my point is, no club should be expected to play a championship game in Garvaghy. That's not what it was built for. The Derg & Derrylaughan game should never have been played there!

The CCC are obviously  trying to get it wrapped up as best possible to avoid the situation where clubs are playing promotion/relegation playoffs in november after a lengthly period of time off. Id expect D1 & D2 relegation playoffs to be played the weekend 30th Sept if both Eskra & Greencastle are beaten this weekend. Junior football also has 2 rounds of fixtures to fit in to determine home playoffs etc. And i'd expect the first one of those rounds to be played the weekend of 30th Sept. Id say due to a vast number of complaints in previous years the CCC want those play offs played before November unlike the previous few years. Therefore cant see these fixtures being changed... However it does lead to a lot more problems for the CCC in the future.

Fixtures aren't ideal but they aren't the worst either!

Not saying shaft junior clubs just trying to think of solution.

Also what happens if Omagh/Ardboe draw? this wouldn't help the fixtures and its very possible they could as they are well matched!