Author Topic: Tyrone Club Football and Hurling  (Read 4733014 times)

leenie

• Macs Abu
    • View Profile
Re: Tyrone Club Football and Hurling
« Reply #34695 on: April 20, 2017, 08:52:34 PM »
Have any of ye joined up to the c.p.a ? I was just wondering what they offer in situations like this ? Has anyone contacted them about the tyrone CB / fixtures etc ?
I'm trying to decide on a really meaningful message..

PMG1

• View Profile
« Reply #34696 on: April 20, 2017, 08:55:22 PM »
Absolute joke that tyrone are training tonight then away Friday,  Saturday and Sunday and expected to give 100% for their club on sunday evening.  Didn't  even get the day off on Tuesday for Morgan's wedding they had to train on the morning of the wedding at 10:00 apparantly. Where is this dictatorship going to end? These are club players representing the county, not county players representing their club.

square_ball

• View Profile
« Reply #34697 on: April 20, 2017, 09:00:45 PM »
Have any of ye joined up to the c.p.a ? I was just wondering what they offer in situations like this ? Has anyone contacted them about the tyrone CB / fixtures etc ?

I'd say they offer the square root of fcuk all in situations like this. Club players shafted as usual.

southtyronegael

• View Profile
« Reply #34698 on: April 20, 2017, 09:27:51 PM »
once again mickey harte putting himself first and everything else in the county second. is no one going to stand up to this dictator? destroying tyrone football club and county.

southtyronegael

• View Profile
« Reply #34699 on: April 20, 2017, 09:44:03 PM »
I'd say Tyrone had plans for Friday Saturday and Sunday based on everyone playing Thursday night (or preferably Tuesday night or another week). Then the games got switched to Sunday evening so they put an extra training session in tonight to make up for what's missed with the early finish Sunday.

What doesn't make any sense is how the game got called off at this stage.
this weekends game were originally down for sunday no? then mickey on a whim decides he wants to go see the inlaws so games were switched to tuesday then morgans wedding was on so they switched them to thursday then omagh rightly kicked up stink so they moved them back to sunday. tyrone teams should go away when starred games are on.

Aaron Boone

• View Profile
« Reply #34700 on: April 20, 2017, 10:43:37 PM »
Sunday evening it is men, we will plan accordingly. Weather set to be fair.

teaminamillion

• View Profile
« Reply #34701 on: April 20, 2017, 11:58:13 PM »
Harte has to be faced down just like all bullys. The Tyrone players have to withdraw their services until the serpent has it's head cut off. That won't happen til the end of 2017. Time for action now!

longballin

• View Profile
« Reply #34702 on: April 21, 2017, 07:50:39 AM »
Will Tyrone players be told to not play for their clubs on Sunday night after training Thursday night and all weekend?  :-\

Up The Middle

• View Profile
« Reply #34703 on: April 21, 2017, 08:27:06 AM »
I'd be surprised if any of them strip out on Sunday evening. Harte is some boy, its time he was taken to task over this. The players knew nothing about this training weekend until after the fixtures were released, which suggests he only organised it after the fixtures and to cause issues. Seems like a power struggle at Garvaghy. Theres only going to be one loser and that's the clubs. Pure stubbornness and ignorance from Harte which is his MO.
I'm very important. I have many leather-bound books and my apartment smells of rich mahogany.

Under Lights

• View Profile
« Reply #34704 on: April 21, 2017, 08:34:01 AM »
Fair play to MH, takes a strong man to stand by his beliefs in the face of adversary. If we are holding the anglo celt what come July there will be nothing but celebration. If some people need to be cannon fodder for that to happen so be it. That's war people.

vallankumous

• View Profile
« Reply #34705 on: April 21, 2017, 08:40:28 AM »
Fair play to MH, takes a strong man to stand by his beliefs in the face of adversary. If we are holding the anglo celt what come July there will be nothing but celebration. If some people need to be cannon fodder for that to happen so be it. That's war people.

That's short sighted. It's the clubs feeding the County and it seems that rather than cannon fodder it's cutting your own throat.
If nobody wants to play club football your celebrations won't be happening.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2017, 08:42:24 AM by vallankumous »

Under Lights

• View Profile
« Reply #34706 on: April 21, 2017, 09:04:26 AM »

That's short sighted. It's the clubs feeding the County and it seems that rather than cannon fodder it's cutting your own throat.
If nobody wants to play club football your celebrations won't be happening.

Meh, ever hear of thinning the herd? Of course the weaker will take their chance to walk away and use this as a justification, as far as I see it there will be six or seven league games played before the first round of Ulster- half of the league wrapped up with just one starred game used. Bodes well for the year on the club scene imo. People love to be outraged.

redhandefender

• View Profile
« Reply #34707 on: April 21, 2017, 09:07:12 AM »
I generally support harte if some of his decisions do confuse me.

But this situation seems ridiculous. I am no physio but common sense says if you train Friday Saturday you should not be playing a game on Sunday evening. Unless they are going down just to lay about chatting. If that's the case then why not do it closer to home and save the weekend away to weekend of starred or no fixtures?

I don't think its a power struggle I think harte knows now he is half way out the door and this is his one final throw of the dice.

Up The Middle

• View Profile
« Reply #34708 on: April 21, 2017, 09:15:19 AM »

You have to be taking the piss
I'm very important. I have many leather-bound books and my apartment smells of rich mahogany.

vallankumous

• View Profile
« Reply #34709 on: April 21, 2017, 09:47:23 AM »

You have to be taking the piss

Yes, I think so.