Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gaffer

Quote from: GJL on September 07, 2017, 04:46:39 PM
Quote from: Wee Roddy on September 07, 2017, 01:37:34 PM
Father Sean is alive and well and enjoying life. He is retired but still smoking the Benson and hedges. He is some character and we were very privileged to have him in the Parish for a decade or so.

Glad to hear that. Great wee man..

He'll  have ur chile baptised in 10 minutes flat !!
"Well ! Well ! Well !  If it ain't the Smoker !!!"

sensethetone

Quote from: WT4E on September 07, 2017, 04:01:44 PM
Quote from: sensethetone on September 07, 2017, 02:25:00 PM
Father Sean is alive and well and enjoying life. He is retired but still smoking the Benson and hedges. He is some character and we were very privileged to have him in the Parish for a decade or so.

We had him twice, great character.

When he landed back to our parish he landed to sunday morning training and told us it was football first, chapel second and if we had time left women 3rd!!!! LOL

He blessed a few Tyrone cars for us lol..

Beantown

Quote from: Goals_Will_Come on September 06, 2017, 02:33:05 PM
Ciaran McLaughlin (Omagh) and Michael McKernan (Coalisland). Excellent defenders and very good on the ball. Would help with the lack of depth in the defence. Would also like to see Danny Gorman (Killyclogher) get called up but with injuries his time has probably passed.
Kyle Coney (Ardboe) might be worth a try again if his attitude is right. Ruairi Sludden (Dromore) and Mark Kavanagh (Errigal) also be worth looking at.
However wouldnt mind see alot more from the players called up last year during the league. Rather than just during the McKenna cup and an odd minute here or there.

Brian Toner - Coalisland - has consistantly been brilliant for a few years now but never gets a mention anywhere.  Can do everything and take frees.  Was a county minor and U21 I think.  Maybe he doesnt want to play county senior but is a joy to watch.

Man Marker

I don't know why I thought that, delighted to read that news, apologies Fr Sean, some man for one man!

Keyboard Warrior

Quote from: Beantown on September 08, 2017, 12:22:12 PM
Ciaran McLaughlin (Omagh) and Michael McKernan (Coalisland). Excellent defenders and very good on the ball. Would help with the lack of depth in the defence. Would also like to see Danny Gorman (Killyclogher) get called up but with injuries his time has probably passed.
Kyle Coney (Ardboe) might be worth a try again if his attitude is right. Ruairi Sludden (Dromore) and Mark Kavanagh (Errigal) also be worth looking at.
However wouldnt mind see alot more from the players called up last year during the league. Rather than just during the McKenna cup and an odd minute here or there.

Brian Toner - Coalisland - has consistantly been brilliant for a few years now but never gets a mention anywhere.  Can do everything and take frees.  Was a county minor and U21 I think.  Maybe he doesnt want to play county senior but is a joy to watch.

Is that so, Mrs Toner?  ;D

Onthe40

Alright folks, start of a big champo fortnight....all low key on here...lets hope for some top games and some new talent to emerge..although the defensive nature of Tyrone championship football makes it difficult for marquee men to stand out..heres hoping..

Wins for Aghyaran, Trillick, KC, Dromore, Coalisland, Cookstown, Moy, Eskra & Tattyreagh this weekend.

Under Lights

Ronan Mc Hugh with an impressive 2-8 tonight

southtyronegael

big score in a championship game. who done all the scoring for trillick?

clarshack

Quote from: Under Lights on September 08, 2017, 11:22:37 PM
Ronan Mc Hugh with an impressive 2-8 tonight

fair play to him for scoring that tally after sitting on the bench most of the year. god forbid the Tyrone management tried something different.

southtyronegael

Lee Brennan got 8 points last night.

Il Bomber Destro

McKernan, Sludden and Kavanagh are all very small/slight. McKernan has plenty of time on his hands to get up to the requisite standard and I think he should be brought into the squad this year but is likely another year or two from nailing down a starting spot. Kavanagh and Sludden are very talented footballers but like Bradley, McCurry, O'Neill, Brennan et all - their size will go against them heavily. We have lots of very talented forwards in the county but few of them have the physique to really make a mark at intercounty level - just look at all the best forwards in the country now - not one of them is under 5"11 and 13.5st.

Coney will turn 28 next year, I don't think he has the mentality or mobility to properly make it. I wouldn't mind seeing him get a chance again this year along with McNulty as they offer something a bit different to what we currently have inside but I'm very doubtful as to whether they can actually make a difference.

I don't think Gorman is any better than what's currently there. McLaughlin might be worth a try though I don't think he'd be any upgrade in the half back line where we're flooded with options. I was disappointed to see Ruairi Mullan leave the panel so early last year, I think he's a very sticky defender and could definitely be an upgrade in our full back line, does anyone know the story with his dropping off last year? I know he picked an injury up in one of the early games.

Man Marker

Quote from: southtyronegael on September 09, 2017, 07:50:31 AM
Lee Brennan got 8 points last night.

Drop him, sure didn't he score 3:14 or something like that the last time they played😜

inroundthesquare

Heard that was Aghyaran's first Championship win since 2003 last night. Some drought if true.

square_ball

The champions gone at the first hurdle.

skeog

St Marys looked like a team who had been hoodwinked that they only had to turn up,has Dom ever won two years in a row anywhere.