Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

southtyronegael

I guess if Tyrone teams keep playing the way they do wel never know who's good enough or not.

LeoMc

Quote from: southtyronegael on April 18, 2017, 09:42:45 PM
Quote from: Il Bomber Destro on April 18, 2017, 09:37:17 PM
Quote from: southtyronegael on April 18, 2017, 08:45:15 PM
Lee Brennan is a special talent. Some on here think he cant do it against the top teams in Tyrone? Truth is he already has.his county medal from 2015 proves that. I hope he doesn't kick a ball for Tyrone this year.

Why couldn't he do it against Donegal u21s this year so?
cause Tyrone u21s play the same defensive shite that Tyrone seniors play. Impossible for good forwards to play that system.
So it's not just Mickey then!

southtyronegael

no its not just mickey. but the reason our underage teams have adopted the shite style of play is to produce players that will fit into mickeys 'system'. harte is singlehandedly destroying the footballing culture in this county.

LeoMc

Quote from: southtyronegael on April 18, 2017, 11:12:14 PM
no its not just mickey. but the reason our underage teams have adopted the shite style of play is to produce players that will fit into mickeys 'system'. harte is singlehandedly destroying the footballing culture in this county.
So Benny Hurl, Roisin Jordan et al are completely under Mickeys thumb. Only you can see past him and only your candidate can return Tyrone to the top of the pile!

southtyronegael

lets keep this thread for club chat. we have a thread for county football.

Redhand Santa

The funny thing is Harte was meant to have ruined our forwards and they have lost confidence and can't score. When they have bad games for their clubs that's the reasons given. But in last weekends club games here are some of the forwards scores of the top of my head:

Bradley   0-7
McGeary 0-7
Cavanagh 1-8
Brennan 3-14

For all the talk of negative football if you take out our scores v the top 4 teams in the last while it's been as follows:

0-19 v Cavan 2017 nfl
0-14 v Monaghan nfl
0-18 v Roscommon nfl
5-18 v Cavan ulster semi replay
0-16 v Cavan ulster semi
3-14 v Derry Ulster first round

This would suggest that we are well capable of scoring under the current system. The issue seems to be against the top teams who all have excellent defensive systems and are players clearly struggle at that level. We do need to make serious improvements but it's very easy to simply blame the system for scoring.

The Golden Years

Quote from: southtyronegael on April 18, 2017, 11:56:17 PM
lets keep this thread for club chat. we have a thread for county football.

Totally agree.  Its hard enough watching county football never mind reading about it as well.

In hiding

Quote from: Redhand Santa on April 19, 2017, 08:07:49 AM
The funny thing is Harte was meant to have ruined our forwards and they have lost confidence and can't score. When they have bad games for their clubs that's the reasons given. But in last weekends club games here are some of the forwards scores of the top of my head:

Bradley   0-7
McGeary 0-7
Cavanagh 1-8
Brennan 3-14

For all the talk of negative football if you take out our scores v the top 4 teams in the last while it's been as follows:

0-19 v Cavan 2017 nfl
0-14 v Monaghan nfl
0-18 v Roscommon nfl
0-16 v Cavan ulster semi

This would suggest that we are well capable of scoring under the current system. The issue seems to be against the top teams who all have excellent defensive systems and are players clearly struggle at that level. We do need to make serious improvements but it's very easy to simply blame the system for scoring.
Propaganda at its best

WT4E

Bradley   0-7
McGeary 0-7
Cavanagh 1-8
Brennan 3-14

0-19 v Cavan 2017 nfl
0-14 v Monaghan nfl
0-18 v Roscommon nfl
0-16 v Cavan ulster semi

Not sure I agree with this but even if you set this aside would you not agree that one of our biggest down falls in recebt years is the fact we don't have a consistent free taker? I'm led to believe that Brennan is the most consistent/accurate in the county at the min. There was a time that a team would carry a player for this skill alone but add into the fact that he seems fairly decent in open play too surely he should be getting more than 3mins in the national league?

Redhand Santa

Quote from: WT4E on April 19, 2017, 02:02:20 PM

Bradley   0-7
McGeary 0-7
Cavanagh 1-8
Brennan 3-14

0-19 v Cavan 2017 nfl
0-14 v Monaghan nfl
0-18 v Roscommon nfl
0-16 v Cavan ulster semi

Not sure I agree with this but even if you set this aside would you not agree that one of our biggest down falls in recebt years is the fact we don't have a consistent free taker? I'm led to believe that Brennan is the most consistent/accurate in the county at the min. There was a time that a team would carry a player for this skill alone but add into the fact that he seems fairly decent in open play too surely he should be getting more than 3mins in the national league?

Lee brennan was pretty much unavailable until the u21's finished up on the 22 March. Seemed like a sensible to decision to let him focus on it. He has a lot to do to prove he is ready to play senior inter county football but hopefully he does push on this year. We have had major issues with free takers in recent years but Peter Harte has taken over the left footed ones and I'd say is record this year is pretty good. Apart from one bad miss v Mayo don't remember him missing too many.

redhandefender

Quote from: Redhand Santa on April 19, 2017, 02:15:14 PM
Quote from: WT4E on April 19, 2017, 02:02:20 PM

Bradley   0-7
McGeary 0-7
Cavanagh 1-8
Brennan 3-14

0-19 v Cavan 2017 nfl
0-14 v Monaghan nfl
0-18 v Roscommon nfl
0-16 v Cavan ulster semi

Lee brennan was pretty much unavailable until the u21's finished up on the 22 March. Seemed like a sensible to decision to let him focus on it. He has a lot to do to prove he is ready to play senior inter county football but hopefully he does push on this year. We have had major issues with free takers in recent years but Peter Harte has taken over the left footed ones and I'd say is record this year is pretty good. Apart from one bad miss v Mayo don't remember him missing too many.

He is in the panel and in and around 21, if hes good enough to be there then he should be starting now. The others have consistently failed therefore by default he deserves a good crack at it.

southtyronegael

brennan v mc crory should be interesting this weekend.

ON THE HILL

Quote from: WT4E on April 17, 2017, 09:08:34 PM
What about the dungannon gortin game - heard there was some major boxing done? Heard Paul rouse got jaw broke - is this true. Hope it's not true wouldn't wish that on anyone - him only a mentor too
is this true? if so disgrace..any men sent off?

youhavenofans

Quote from: ON THE HILL on April 20, 2017, 07:46:21 AM
Quote from: WT4E on April 17, 2017, 09:08:34 PM
What about the dungannon gortin game - heard there was some major boxing done? Heard Paul rouse got jaw broke - is this true. Hope it's not true wouldn't wish that on anyone - him only a mentor too
is this true? if so disgrace..any men sent off?

seen the video of this row, its shows Rouse in the corner of the video shouldering/ shoving someone and then a few Gortin players sprint over to him and give him a bit of a bating, he didn't look to be in much pain/ holding his jaw after this when the video played on but the adrenaline may have numbed the pain at the time....

The Trap

The video shows Rouse trying to stop a Gortin lad (not very forcefully) from going after a Clarkes man. He was then attacked by 4 Gortin men!!!! Don't think he was badly injured but I did hear one Clarkes man got his jaw broke, possibly Patrick Quinn. Those Gortin boys like a row.........maybe this will be the year they go to Junior and never come back........