Author Topic: Tyrone County Football and Hurling  (Read 518100 times)

square_ball

• View Profile
Re: Tyrone County Football and Hurling
« Reply #4215 on: May 23, 2017, 01:37:13 PM »
I think McCrory will also start at corner back with McCarron out as Mickey seems to like his experience in the full back line.
I expect McNabb to be at 6 with McGeary and McCann to be on either side

You would expect one half forward and one corner forward place to be up for grabs.
Last year Ronan O'Neill started and did well but he seems to have gone off the boil again this year.
I notice Bradley has scored 1.20 for his club and McCurry has 2.16 which is quite good but Lee Brennan is away out in front with 3.34.
Jeepers Sean has scord 6.22 for Moy in Div 2. Does he play at FF for them or further out the field?

I don't expect Sean to stay in around the square anyway so it doesn't really matter if he's named at 14 or not.

Derry have nothing to lose as they seem to be majorly written off and don't forget they are at home.
The majority of those are frees against Strabane.

In fairness out of the 3-14, only 6 were from frees

Fuzzman

• Aughabrack (Tyrone Not Cork)
    • View Profile
« Reply #4216 on: May 23, 2017, 03:04:13 PM »
I think last year was our first time to win in Celtic park in the championship was it not?

Yeah it wouldn't surprise me at all if McClure was to play at MF or wing forward.

BennyHarp

• View Profile
« Reply #4217 on: May 23, 2017, 03:49:53 PM »
I think last year was our first time to win in Celtic park in the championship was it not?

Yeah it wouldn't surprise me at all if McClure was to play at MF or wing forward.

Is he fit again?
That was never a square ball!!

Fuzzman

• View Profile
« Reply #4218 on: May 23, 2017, 04:16:41 PM »
I thought the lads said he was back playing for Clonoe a few weeks ago after making a remarkable recovery

tothetop03

• View Profile
« Reply #4219 on: May 23, 2017, 04:40:16 PM »
I thought the lads said he was back playing for Clonoe a few weeks ago after making a remarkable recovery

Yeah he was playing last week v Edendork.... injury was speculation/precaution which ever you want to believe...but he was flying v Edendork...Conn Kilpatrick give him his fill of it though....McClure shading him in the last 10mins...

Legoman5

• View Profile
« Reply #4220 on: May 24, 2017, 08:48:53 AM »
Heard there's no injury to McCarron at all and there may be a few disruptions in the camp! Heard he has missed trainings with Club & County this season and maybe there's more to why he's been missing club games this year!
in saying all this these could just be rumours floating around...

HealyHellRaiser

• View Profile
« Reply #4221 on: May 24, 2017, 11:18:07 AM »
Did mc carron not play against Pomeroy and Galbally? I have on good authority that he hurt himself in a training match but don't let the truth stand in the way of a good story....

Snapchap

• View Profile
« Reply #4222 on: May 24, 2017, 11:41:05 AM »
Heard there's no injury to McCarron at all and there may be a few disruptions in the camp! Heard he has missed trainings with Club & County this season and maybe there's more to why he's been missing club games this year!

Well given the man's history, do you think that perhaps anonymously posting some suggestions of rumours surrounding him will be a help or a hindrance to him in his efforts to beat his deamons? Go on delete that post ffs.

tothetop03

• View Profile
« Reply #4223 on: May 24, 2017, 03:32:03 PM »

Well given the man's history, do you think that perhaps anonymously posting some suggestions of rumours surrounding him will be a help or a hindrance to him in his efforts to beat his deamons? Go on delete that post ffs.

100% Got hurt training with Tyrone(in house game)....

Fuzzman

• View Profile
« Reply #4224 on: May 24, 2017, 03:46:18 PM »

seanmc123

• View Profile
« Reply #4225 on: May 24, 2017, 06:45:48 PM »

It's people like you that are bad pieces of work. As far as I know about the man is he has a new baby working and living in the south while still staying with his club and county when I'm sure had been made many an offer in Dublin says a lot about his commitment. He has played 3 club games from dromore this year from what I know and does a lot of work with people trying to help in addiction. I don't think you will speak to to many Tyrone men this year and say that we don't need him!

Legoman5

• View Profile
« Reply #4226 on: Today at 08:19:47 AM »

It's people like you that are bad pieces of work. As far as I know about the man is he has a new baby working and living in the south while still staying with his club and county when I'm sure had been made many an offer in Dublin says a lot about his commitment. He has played 3 club games from dromore this year from what I know and does a lot of work with people trying to help in addiction. I don't think you will speak to to many Tyrone men this year and say that we don't need him!

Committment? He has made no more committment that the likes of Tiarnan McCann and countless men down the years have done who've been working away from home!
Ha there's a lot of stuff some people don't know about thats happened in recent weeks and I obviously am not going to write it on this but just give it time... Some may say i'm stirring a pot here but people needa accept reality, we're quick to run down others in other Counties but when its one of our own we try cover over the cracks!!

seanmc123

• View Profile
« Reply #4227 on: Today at 09:56:07 AM »
Tell us more Legoman then? You seemed to know a lot that we all don't ?

Snapchap

• View Profile
« Reply #4228 on: Today at 10:01:16 AM »
Ha there's a lot of stuff some people don't know about thats happened in recent weeks and I obviously am not going to write it on this but just give it time
As I already stated, given the circumstances of the players past, would it be too much to expect that anonymous slabbers would avoid going online and giving the whole country ammunition to use their imagination and spread any rumours they like about a player who's wrestled with his demons to the point where he admits having very nearly taken his own life over them? As a matter of simple decency, would you not think that maybe that sort of behavior is going to hinder the man more than help him? And what benefit is it to you anonymously making suggestive rumours online abut a recovering addict? Seriously? What benefit to you outweights the risk to the man's welfare? Time to grow up a bit.

Some may say i'm stirring a pot here but people needa accept reality
What reality is there when all you are doing is trying to tell people there are rumours about him, but that you won't/can't elaborate. That's not being a champion of truth and virtue, That being an anonymous gossipmonger at the expense of a vulnerable GAA man.

we're quick to run down others in other Counties but when its one of our own we try cover over the cracks!!
Thankfully, most people in fact don't use this site to anonymously insinuate rumours about amateur players activities off the field. And if a few anonymous cowards do, that doesn't somehow mean it's a decent thing for everyone else to do too.

If your son was a recovering addict who'd gone so far as to contemplate taking his own life, would you appreciate online mouthpieces posting anonymous suggestive comments about him? Don't pretend for a second that you would be OK with it. Would it kill you to avoid putting others through that stress? Or is the warm fussy feeling you get when you think you have some 'gossip-but-cant-say-what-it-is-type-gossip' just too important to you?
« Last Edit: Today at 10:03:19 AM by Snapchap »