Author Topic: Tyrone County Football and Hurling  (Read 1026992 times)

Redhand Santa

• View Profile
Re: Tyrone County Football and Hurling
« Reply #7815 on: June 21, 2018, 12:32:06 PM »
RON has to play, opposite for McShane, very poor last day if you take the last minute point out of it.  Too lazy

Zero chance of McShane being dropped for this game after scoring the equaliser v Meath and saving our season. I'm expecting the same team with Peter Harte coming in for McCann. Ronan O'Neill to come off the bench earlier as a reward for his contribution the last day. Have seen it reported in a few media outlets that McCarron missed the Meath game with a chest infection and is expected to return to the defence. Hoping this doesn't mean the starting 15, think Hugh Pat and McKernan earned another start.

I thought Hugh Pat did well at times in the league but struggled the last day. Was well behind his man at times. If it had been McRory we'd have heard a lot more about it on here.

gaafan2

• View Profile
« Reply #7816 on: June 21, 2018, 12:37:56 PM »
RON has to play, opposite for McShane, very poor last day if you take the last minute point out of it.  Too lazy

Zero chance of McShane being dropped for this game after scoring the equaliser v Meath and saving our season. I'm expecting the same team with Peter Harte coming in for McCann. Ronan O'Neill to come off the bench earlier as a reward for his contribution the last day. Have seen it reported in a few media outlets that McCarron missed the Meath game with a chest infection and is expected to return to the defence. Hoping this doesn't mean the starting 15, think Hugh Pat and McKernan earned another start.

I thought Hugh Pat did well at times in the league but struggled the last day. Was well behind his man at times. If it had been McRory we'd have heard a lot more about it on here.

For those that don't know, Hugh Pat is diabetic and took a low during the Meath game, hence the poor performance. In the television pictures you can see the doctor immediately went over to him when he was substituted.

GetOverTheBar

• View Profile
« Reply #7817 on: June 21, 2018, 12:56:32 PM »
If Tyrone can't beat Carlow...

Exactly. There can be no excuses - that's not arrogance to Carlow. I do expect them to make this game pretty tight with Tyrone to pull away in the end.

Tyrone have had their scare, for a team that considers themselves on the top table - this should be a routine run of the mill 5 pt + win. Tyrone tactics unfortunately might make this one tougher than it has to be.

outsideoftheboot

• View Profile
« Reply #7818 on: June 21, 2018, 01:16:00 PM »
Carlow gave monaghan a tight run last year. No bad team. still think tyrone will scrape through but will be no hammering match or walk in the park. I think most teams would be the same except Dublin maybe.

Dire Ear

• View Profile
« Reply #7819 on: June 21, 2018, 01:29:37 PM »
Exactly , failure to respect Carlow will result in a burst of colour blindness!!

outsideoftheboot

• View Profile
« Reply #7820 on: June 21, 2018, 01:34:17 PM »
Exactly , failure to respect Carlow will result in a burst of colour blindness!!

That's always a danger also when playing a lesser team. Would like to know more about the preseason friendly between the two now.

omagh_gael

• '03, '05 + '08...not bad!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7821 on: June 21, 2018, 03:03:59 PM »
Anyone else hear that Ruari Sludden is already a goner from the panel? Apparently spotted in a certain establishment on Greencastle cross roads.

WT4E

• View Profile
« Reply #7822 on: June 21, 2018, 03:34:32 PM »
Heard he was having a great TIME Monday night.

BennyHarp

• View Profile
« Reply #7823 on: June 21, 2018, 11:17:53 PM »
Tyrone Team V Carlow?:
O'Neill
McGeary McNamee Hampsey
McKernan Burns McCann
Cavanagh McNulty
Meyler Harte Mattie
McShane Richie D McAliskey

No Sludden? Meyler half back for McCann (whether he’s suspended or not) and Sludden in number 10. He’s not playing great but we need to let him play himself into form again, otherwise that’s pretty much how I’d see the starting 15 too. Interesting to see if Morgan gets a recall. Also I’d expect McNulty to get called ashore at half time for McClure.

He's injured, i'm told.

He’s not by the looks of it..
1 N Morgan
2 P Hamspey
3 R McNamee
4 C McCarron
5 M McKernan
6 F Burns 
7 P Harte
8 C Cavanagh
9 D McClure
10 M Donnelly 
11 N Sludden
12 C Meyler
13 C McShane
14 R Donnelly
15 C McAliskey
That was never a square ball!!

Goals_Will_Come

• View Profile
« Reply #7824 on: June 21, 2018, 11:18:26 PM »
Team V Carlow:
1 N Morgan
2 P Hamspey
3 R McNamee
4 C McCarron
5 M McKernan
6 F Burns
7 P Harte
8 C Cavanagh
9 D McClure
10 M Donnelly
11 N Sludden
12 C Meyler
13 C McShane
14 R Donnelly
15 C McAliskey

Under Lights

• View Profile
« Reply #7825 on: June 22, 2018, 08:12:09 AM »
Mickey O'Neill harshly done there.

Anyone got the list of subs?

trailer

• View Profile
« Reply #7826 on: June 22, 2018, 08:57:21 AM »
Tyrone must win convincingly. Nothing less than an double digit margin should be seen as a failure. For all the blow and bluster it's Carlow ffs.

Degrassi Hi

• View Profile
« Reply #7827 on: June 22, 2018, 08:59:27 AM »
Subs: M O’Neill, R Brennan, M Cassidy, H Loughran, C McCann, A McCrory, HP McGeary, K McGeary, P McNulty, R O’Neill, R Sludden.

Goals_Will_Come

• View Profile
« Reply #7828 on: June 22, 2018, 09:01:11 AM »

M O’Neill,
R Brennan,
M Cassidy,
H Loughran,
C McCann,
A McCrory,
HP McGeary,
K McGeary,
P McNulty,
R O’Neill,
R Sludden

WT4E

• View Profile
« Reply #7829 on: June 22, 2018, 09:26:37 AM »

Sure he wasn't listed to start the last day - could well start anyway. Maybe he prefers to wear 16.  ;D