New Laptop Slight Problem

Started by noeldebrun, January 16, 2009, 12:32:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

noeldebrun

bought a new laptop there yesterday but have found a slight problem when i click on computer from the start menu the hard drive comes up asa normal but the disk drive is not showing up. the operating system i'm using is Vista Basic any help would be great thanks

mylestheslasher

I don't like  the sound of that. Can you save documents from word, excel etc. When you go to save as do you have access to the C drive? I am not hugely familiar with Vista but if this is a brand new laptop I'd give the supplier a call and see what they have  to say, you'd be as well to iron out these annoying things now before  they get worse.

Bensars

Right click on my computer(desktop)
Properties
Hardware.   See if you can find the disc drive listed there. you may have to update driver

mylestheslasher

Quote from: Bensars on January 16, 2009, 12:22:20 PM
Right click on my computer(desktop)
Properties
Hardware.   See if you can find the disc drive listed there. you may have to update driver

This is true but if the bloody thing is new, off the shelf, this should be done. I'd bring it back to the shop and let them worry about it.

pintsofguinness

Does it work if you put in a cd/dvd?

Mine doesnt show up either but that happened after someone spilled a pint of coke over the keyboard.  It doesnt work. 
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?