Leinster MHC - Offaly 1-11 Dublin 1-11

Started by AZOffaly, April 15, 2008, 09:24:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AZOffaly

Good to have some relatively positive news to report from Offaly underage hurling, as the minors bounced back from a shocking loss down in Carlow to draw with Dublin at the weekend. Any of our Dublin contributors there? I think Dublin hit a lot of wides early on, and that gave Offaly some hope, but it's still a very creditable result. I wasn't at the game, so I can't offer any insight into why Offaly were better, but you'd imagine that Dublin would have been favourites to hand out a bit of a scutching. I can only assume that Johnny Pilkington had Offaly fired up to bounce back.

They will still finish bottom of this round robin, more than likely, but at least it gives them a bit of hope heading into the next stage of the championship, albeit a very tough phase because of their result down in Carlow.

stevecw

Good if somewhat surprising result in this game. Would have also expected Dublin to easily win this. But maybe the Dublin side isn't as good as last year. Or more than likely Offaly raised their game after the bad loss to us.
Most of us in Carlow were very surprised to win the game v Offaly. Ok we beat Offaly in the semi in 06, but we half expected it then as we had a side that was very strong. Have actually had very good minor sides for the last 4 years. But this years batch were meant to be the weakest for a few years. Wasn't at the Offaly game, but by all accounts it was a comfortable win.
Seeing Offaly bounce back to draw with the Dubs is very interesting. Shows promise for Offaly that after such a poor result, they can bounce back with determination to get it right.
We are playing the Dubs away on Sunday, with a 11.30 start, which is crazy time for a game! Not sure of the reason... our seniors are playing at 2.30 in div 2 final, but thats in Limerick, so would be impossible to catch both. I know our seniors are on TG4, but the minor game should surely be on saturday afternoon, like the Offaly game was, so we could get to both.
Anyway, it would be a nice one to win v Dubs as it means we get into semi & avoid Kilkenny!
So maybe we can do Offaly a favour and put the Dubs bottom of round robin!! Wouldn't hold my breath though!

INDIANA

we were absolutely shite last sunday- and will need an improvement to get a result on sunday. In terms of us retaining our crown -they have the potential to at least match kilkenny this year but unless there is a drastic improvement kilkenny will probably win leinster. Offaly probably should have won with the wind they had in the second half- they were the better side on the day and we needed a last minute free to tie the game.
Very disappointed with our lads. hoping for an improvement on sunday and a win obviously but christ they have to improve on last weeks showing.

AZOffaly

I'd be glad too hardstation, but it was a draw :D

AZOffaly

That would work if 'edited by hardstation' didn't appear on your last message :D