Brian cody story

Started by youngfella, March 24, 2009, 01:11:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

youngfella

I heard this story before the tipp game thought i would share it.

The lads are in getting changed, Cody is setting up the drills. As the lads start coming out of the dressing up, Cody sees one of the fellas is wearing white football boots. Cody walks over to your man and tells him, go and change them boots or ye wont be training. This fella is stunned but instantly runs back to the dressing to change his boots!

When the fella returns codys says to the team, white boots are for posers!

Pull hard and early

orangeman

Every chance that it is. Noel Hickey and these lads would just love to see a white pair of boots coming his way ..........  :D

Silky

No doubt its true. That action would cause a strike in Cork!!

Bord na Mona man

Better still, Cody should have put Noel Hickey marking yer man to REALLY teach him!

longrunsthefox

White boots didn't do Gerry McInerney any harm  ::)  is nonsense

orangeman

Quote from: longrunsthefox on March 24, 2009, 07:24:48 PM
White boots didn't do Gerry McInerney any harm  ::)  is nonsense

Long hair and white boots kinda went together then - but not under Cody ! No chance.

longrunsthefox

Pulled this off website
Gerry McInerney's white boots
At a time when Ireland seemed trapped for ever under a grey, concrete sky in the 1980s, ravaged by unemployment and emigration, McInerney used to don his cape and fly home from America every summer and bring a splash of colour to the Galway hurlers. His proper tan, thin moustache and mullet — a classic of the genre — were a good start but it was the boots that stole the show. They looked as if they'd been dunked in a bucket of emulsion before the game. McInerney formed part of one of the great half-back lines, careering forward with the ball at every opportunity, his feet moving in a white blur. While Galway were winning All-Irelands, McInerney kept them hip.

He was a class player.

cicfada

another tale about that match....the Tipp bus was spotted on the ring road outside Kilkenny city at 2-05 25 mins before the match! How seriously did Tipp take the match with that kind of planning I wonder??

orangeman

Finerty would have looked like a pretty boy in the white boots wouldn't he ??  ;)

longrunsthefox

Quote from: orangeman on March 24, 2009, 07:47:36 PM
Finerty would have looked like a pretty boy in the white boots wouldn't he ??  ;)

Aye that you mention it tho Plunkett's blond locks most done it for me  :-*

orangeman

Quote from: longrunsthefox on March 24, 2009, 07:50:15 PM

Do you think they were natural or sun assisted ??  ;)

Zulu

I'd have my doubts about that story,there was a similar one floating around about Paidi O'Se and if either are true it relects poorly on both men IMO. The idea that a coach who doesn't tolerate white boots is a 'straight down the line coach who doesn't put up with any bullshit' is complete nonsense. If SON or Shefflin wore yellow boots they'd still be able to play and that is all a coach should be concerned about. I'm not saying that you can't be a bit 'old school' and still be a very good coach but being 'old school' doesn't make you a good coach nor is it anything to be applauding.

youngfella

This has come from a very reliable source, its true. KK have the depth in there squad for Cody to be able to do this, the players also have enough respect (fear of being dropped) to do what there told. Cant imagine the fella in question giving Cody a drunken abusive phonecall like some Antrim premadonnas....
Pull hard and early

longrunsthefox

Quote from: orangeman on March 24, 2009, 08:06:35 PM

Dunno-I'll ask him next time I meet him... who'll I say wants to know? 

orangeman

Quote from: longrunsthefox on March 25, 2009, 10:03:10 AM
Quote from: orangeman on March 24, 2009, 08:06:35 PM

Dunno-I'll ask him next time I meet him... who'll I say wants to know? 

An admirer.