Are some Freestaters domiciled in Britain worse than Northern Unionists?

Started by T Fearon, June 16, 2016, 12:09:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

T Fearon

For delusional allegiance to all things British? Thinking particularly of the likes of Geldoff today,boating on the Thames for the remain camp and trying to pick a fight with Farage? Also the likes of the departed Wogan,Ruth Dudley Edwards etc? What is it with these people?

J70

Were you not finding common cause with the DUP on here a while back?

BennyHarp

Quote from: T Fearon on June 16, 2016, 12:09:30 AM
For delusional allegiance to all things British? Thinking particularly of the likes of Geldoff today,boating on the Thames for the remain camp and trying to pick a fight with Farage? Also the likes of the departed Wogan,Ruth Dudley Edwards etc? What is it with these people?

Picking a fight with Nigel Farage is Geldoff showing a "delusional allegiance to all things British"?? Really?
That was never a square ball!!

T Fearon

Truly if I was Farage I'd be wondering why this guy,who isn't even British,is shooting his mouth off in the first place, about an issue affecting Britain.

No wides

Quote from: T Fearon on June 16, 2016, 06:22:49 AM
Truly if I was Farage I'd be wondering why this guy,who isn't even British,is shooting his mouth off in the first place, about an issue affecting Britain.

Probably doesn't listen to his German wife either!

T Fearon

To be fair I've never heard Farage's wide pontificating about anything,much less setting herself up as a spokesperson for a campaign in a country that she wasn't even born in.

Rossfan

Quote from: T Fearon on June 16, 2016, 08:36:17 AM
about anything,much less setting herself up as a spokesperson for a campaign in a country that she wasn't even born in.

Like De Valera, James Connelly, Tom Clarke........
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Keyboard Warrior

Quote from: T Fearon on June 16, 2016, 06:22:49 AM

I think Bob Geldoff is living in England longer than he was in Ireland. From what I can see he only uses the Irish 'label' when it suits him.

seafoid

Unionists have an identity crisis. If we don't celebrate the Somme next month they won't know who they are.
Geldof is English at this stage.

muppet

In the land of the delusional, surely you are God?
MWWSI 2017

Orior

Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

Owenmoresider

Quote from: Rossfan on June 16, 2016, 09:54:25 AM
about anything,much less setting herself up as a spokesperson for a campaign in a country that she wasn't even born in.

Pearse Doherty and Padraig MacLochlainn too.

SkillfulBill

Quote from: Owenmoresider on June 16, 2016, 11:19:15 AM

Big diff is that these people had Irish parents and with the exception of Connelly had returned to Ireland when they were young.

SuperMac

You forgot John 'unionist' Bruton, more British than the Brits. Bu then again Fine Gael are little more than the southern wing of the Conservative and unionist party.

muppet

Quote from: SkillfulBill on June 16, 2016, 11:25:28 AM
Quote from: Owenmoresider on June 16, 2016, 11:19:15 AM

Big diff is that these people had Irish parents and with the exception of Connelly had returned to Ireland when they were young.

Geldof's grandparents were immigrants.
MWWSI 2017