Started by Fear ón Srath Bán, April 01, 2007, 05:58:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GlenMan

Quote from: LeoMc on December 21, 2020, 08:08:24 PM
Quote from: Angelo on December 21, 2020, 01:56:21 PM
Quote from: WeGoAgain on December 21, 2020, 01:54:30 PM
Quote from: Angelo on December 20, 2020, 12:36:30 PM
Quote from: inroundthesquare on December 20, 2020, 12:27:28 PM
Under 17s in action today - seen the team named on Tyrone GAA but no clubs mentioned - like to see it particularly at underage

There's a Cush lad on the bench. Any relation to Adrian?

Yes he is his son

Is McGarrity at 6 Ronan's son too?

Quite a few links to the 95 team there.
Hadn't realised that. Does that mean Peter and Pascal each have 3 nephews on the panel?

Four Canavan relations on the team -

Ruairi Canavan
Lorcan McGarrity
Sean O'Donnell
Barry Carberry

Angelo

Quote from: the_daddy on December 21, 2020, 10:11:29 PM
Quote from: Angelo on December 21, 2020, 06:25:00 PM
Quote from: In hiding on December 21, 2020, 05:14:36 PM
Quote from: Angelo on December 21, 2020, 04:53:29 PM
Quote from: In hiding on December 21, 2020, 04:47:31 PM
Quote from: Angelo on December 21, 2020, 02:32:30 PM
Quote from: In hiding on December 21, 2020, 02:30:19 PM
Quote from: Angelo on December 20, 2020, 01:29:02 PM
The minor game is as bad as I've seen in a long time.

Tyrone the much better team but have been very wasteful and the handling errors and misplaced passes by both teams have been shocking.

Pitch is very poor it must be said.
This is agroup who have been training collectively for two weeks in the last 9 months.
They have played no football worth talking about for most of the last 3 months. They are playing on a heavy pitch on the 20th December but if you feel the need to be critical you work away.
Your criticism of Mayo and cillian o Connor is embarrassing too.
But if makes you feel important then work away

What criticism of Mayo? I've been very complimentary of them if anything. My criticism of Cillian O'Connor is that he is not an elite level forward, I am happy with what I have said on that and have backed it up.

I did take account for the bad pitch.

Think you are a little overeager to get your dig in, sweetheart.

I took my post down before you had replied because I thought whats the point of disagreeing with someone like yourself.
You said the pitch was bad.
Well done you

I have a feeling the real reason you took it down was because there were a lot of inaccuracies involved in your post.

Should I just have pretended I was watching a magnificent game?

You seem to get great joy from running people down.
Its a pity people don't know who you are so that we could ridicule your lack of talent in public

Who have I ran down?

Your comments on Cillian O'Connor were idiotic and your comments on the Coalisland men equally so.
In fact, the only people you've been positive about recently are Mickey Harte and Aidan McCrory.

Also, Lorcan McGarrity is Turlough's lad.

Quote from: Angelo on December 14, 2020, 10:15:27 AM

McCrory got an awful lot of unwarranted stick with Tyrone simply due to his club, he was always a very solid player whenever given the chance.

He must be 32/33 now though and he's fell way down the pecking order in recent seasons so I'd be really surprised if Logan and Dooher were having a look at him.

Quote from: Angelo on December 17, 2020, 05:00:07 PM

I don't think they're good enough.

Great club players but if you want to beat Dublin you're not going to do it by bringing a few 30yr + lads in from out of the cold and ideally that's where Tyrone have been aiming.

First of all, let's be clear about something. You came on here last week and had a nonsensical go at me for saying that looking at players the wrong side of 30 who haven't been on the panel for years. I showed you up for the slabberer you are and you ran away. Seemingly when you see you might have a bit of backup you decide to stick your oar in again. The quotes are down below and show you for being either incredibly dim or just a fanny - people can make their own mind up as to which. Presumably you are another one of the aliases of the Fermanagh man.

As for Cillian O'Connor, amazing to see that some people get so offended by me saying that a Mayo forward who has struggled from play in big games is not an elite forward. Why should that upset you so much? I haven't ran him down either and many people I know and on this board would have a similar view on O'Connor. It hasn't been lazy analysis I've engaged in, I have substantiated my views with stats and analysis of him as a players. So why exactly does that make you so sensitive to that? I've commended him on his ability to finish, I have criticised him on not being able to fend for himself as an elite forward would. If you have a case to make, then bring it, but I'm sure it's easier to snipe from the crowd.

Finally, on the minor game? Did you even watch it? For anyone that did, I'm sure they will agree that it was a very poor game absolutely littered with basic errors. Of course there might be exonerating circumstances, Tyrone were full value for their win and I've given them credit for their fitness levels and commitment but it was a game really low on quality.

Why do people have such a problem with the truth?

In your case I think it's more complete and utter cowardice. You don't have faith to try and muster together an articulate argument so you throw out a few insults, twist a few posts to have a go and then run along when you get arse handed to you. No doubt the next I'll hear from you when you feel safe that another poster is having a pop.

GAA FUNDING CHEATS CHEAT US ALL

Angelo

Quote from: the_daddy on December 22, 2020, 10:29:02 AM

Catch a grip big man. You've stated nothing factual,just gave a few opinions and because you try to justify it with your logic it seems no-one is allowed to disagree with you and if they do you throw out passive aggressive insults and have a cheap pop at people.

Firstly, on the minors. It wasn't a great game but there were a few nice bits of individual and team play in it, that's a start. It was played in very difficult conditions the week before Christmas by lads that haven't had a competitive game of football at any level in over three months and have had a very stop/start year. I'm not sure of the quality your expecting from 17 year olds playing as a unit for the first time since March but I'll cut them a bit a slack. Hopefully they'll be a bit more polished v Derry as they're going to be up against it but they got to wear a white Tyrone jersey and compete in the Ulster Championship so they've already achieved a lot more than most people castigating them.

On Cillian O'Connor, you've suggested he isn't elite because he doesn't contribute enough from play. Again, that's an opinion, one that didn't appear to be shared by James Horan, Stephen Rochford or Pat Holmes and Noel Connelly all of whom that have done a lot more than look at him on video. However, to present you with some truth. He's the top ever scorer in the Football Championship. He's the highest scorer ever based on average points per game. He's got the top individual scoring record in the championship. It's not a case of just gilding the lily against London/New Year/Leitrim. If you don't think that elite then that's certainly a hot take. In my opinion, he would add value to the Tyrone team and at the minute would be one of the first names down on the teamsheet.

The McCrory/McNally/Kane conversation - I'm not entirely sure where you showed me up as a slabber but I digress. You defended McCrory's contribution to the Tyrone team and suggested that a lot of the abuse he got was unwarranted and was simply because of the club he comes from and I'd actually be inclined to agree with you on some of that. However, what I took umbrage with was your outright dismissal of the two Fianna men. Two lads that have been consistently among the top performers in the Tyrone Club Championship for the last decade. Two lads that got limited enough game time at Inter County level because they didn't fit neatly into the Mickey Harte system. The new management are perfectly entitled to have a look at them based on club championship form, regardless of their age. They're not likely to be the panacea to all our problems or be the tipping point against a 7-in-a-row chasing Dubs but they're entitled to a shot if the management want them and if either of them want to give it another go. You certainly don't get to dismiss them unless your name is Feargal Logan or Brian Dooher.

I applied the same logic towards Kane and McNally as I did to McCrory. Lads at 32/33 being brought into the panel or kept on the panel who haven't been featuring in recent seasons aren't going to help us close the gap on Dublin. Rather than take that issue up, you decided to selectively quote my post and twist it to something that it clearly wasn't. I called you out and you toddled off. I'm quite happy with my stance here, I don't think players well past the age of 30 being called in after a few years out. What ages are McNally and Kane anyway? They must be 33/34. Do you honestly these guys are going to help us close the gap on the likes of Dublin in the present and moving forward? Yes or no. You seem to be putting forward a motion now that any decision Logan or Dooher make should not be questioned?

On the minors, where did I castigate them? You are making inferences that simply are not there. I said it was a really poor game riddled with errors, which it was. I commented on how poor the pitch was, which it was. I commented on how Tyrone were the much better team, which they were, I didn't single any player out for criticism and actually picked three Tyrone players out for special praise. Once again you are trying to make something out of nothing.

Finally for Cillian O'Connor. Bizarre how you are so sensitive to me not considering him an elite level forward. I've substantiated all my points in the relevant thread, clearly it's a cause you feel passionate for given your outburst here. Rather than spamming the Tyrone thread about someone's views on a Mayo forward, why don't you take it up with me in the relevant thread?

Angelo

Don't agree with that but Happy Christmas to you also.

Goals_Will_Come

I see a few of Mickey Hartes walk aways are returning to the set up in Conor McAliskey, Lee Brennan, Johnny Munroe and Danny McNulty.

Angelo

Quote from: Goals_Will_Come on December 23, 2020, 03:39:31 PM
I see a few of Mickey Hartes walk aways are returning to the set up in Conor McAliskey, Lee Brennan, Johnny Munroe and Danny McNulty.

At trials or has a panel being finalised yet?

How has Munroe being doing for Carrickmore lately? Was he away travelling for a bit too. Think McAliskey had only planned to take a year out in any case.

ONeill

Declan McCrossan seen running around Leckpatrick
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

square_ball

I don't think McAliskey had any issues with Harte did he? He has a tough few years on and off the pitch and had assumed he needed a break. He was a regular under Harte.

God14

An undeniable fact that Brennan, Munroe, and McNulty making themselves available again is great news for Tyrone football

McNulty in my opinion, if fit, walks straight into our starting 15.

nrico2006

McAliskey was only ever taking a year out. Good to see Brennan back.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

StPatsAbu

So an all-Ireland final/win in 2021 you reckon then?

Angelo

Any word on Paudie McNulty?

Presume Paul Donaghy is a cert for the panel next year?

Moonshine

Quote from: God14 on December 23, 2020, 07:23:34 PM
An undeniable fact that Brennan, Munroe, and McNulty making themselves available again is great news for Tyrone football

McNulty in my opinion, if fit, walks straight into our starting 15.

Ahead of canavan mc curry and mc Shane in full forward line. Aye good one

Angelo

Danny McNulty was a good underage prospect but it's not as if he's been ripping it up on the club scene. A good performance here and there in between his injury spells.

I'd skeptical though if McNulty has the mobility and fitness for intercounty level but if he impresses the management team enough then he deserves a shot.

Ruairi Mullan was another impressive performer in that U21 team who never seemed to progress. I know he did get a call up under Harte but injured himself during the McKenna Cup and dropped off or was cut from the panel after.

Mikhailov

Being honest, I think it will be very difficult for any 'new' player to break into the starting team in early 2021. The new management have no McKenna Cup to trial players and are under the gun immediately as the NFL is a real dog fight for survival this year and every team will be keen to finish in top 2. There is very little, if any time to experiment and then championship is upon us.

With that in mind, I would be very surprised if any player breaks the starting 15 from outside the 30 in 2020. Any new player will find the S&C, the fitness levels required etc a big step up and to expect anyone to make that transition early is optimistic in my opinion. It normally takes time to adapt to the level required to make an impact at county level

In reality, I expect a panel along normal lines in terms of players with maybe 4/5 additions to cover Covid19 etc but the starting 15 will be made up of already established county panel players from recent seasons.

I feel sorry for the management that they will not get a McKenna cup to run their eye over potential players but unfortunately the current situation with Covid19 has put an end to that.

With the new enthusiasm of players & management together, hopefully that has the desired effect on/off the pitch and we see better overall performances in 2021