Laois footballers the Championship 2018 What went on and the review!

Started by Unlaoised, April 10, 2018, 10:25:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BallyroanAbu

I don't know what spread is against Dublin but hard to call where we are considering the dire shit served up by Carlow but well done to all involved Leinster Final  a serious achievement considering where we were last year

SCFC

Quote from: Jd on June 10, 2018, 09:36:04 PM
So happy to have been there . Pride well restored in the jersey. Just a word about some of the so called Carlow support . They were itching to argue everything .if a Lapis lad fouled they were screaming for cards and if I even looked sideways they were in my ear . Delighted we bet them cos they are a cynical team
I thought I was just unlucky where I was sitting!
Look, every county has a percentage of arsehole supporters but I thought Carlow had a particularly high amount today.

BallyroanAbu

Quote from: SCFC on June 10, 2018, 09:53:36 PM
Quote from: Jd on June 10, 2018, 09:36:04 PM
So happy to have been there . Pride well restored in the jersey. Just a word about some of the so called Carlow support . They were itching to argue everything .if a Lapis lad fouled they were screaming for cards and if I even looked sideways they were in my ear . Delighted we bet them cos they are a cynical team
I thought I was just unlucky where I was sitting!
Look, every county has a percentage of arsehole supporters but I thought Carlow had a particularly high amount today.

Nothing wrong with been an arsehole when your winning they jumped the gun

Don Draper

Jesus Christ lads, tonight is not the night for talking about spreads and humiliating defeats. Enjoy the good days, they're rare.

SCFC

Our lads have to believe they can pull off the shock of the century. No point in going up there otherwise. You have to hope that you have a day when it all goes right for you and wrong for the opposition. Can't wait for it.

Laoiseabu

Does anyone think we'll beat Dublin ? It will be a step up ten levels from Carlow

BallyroanAbu

Let's be realistic here not a hope in hell,  if you want to be delusional work away.  That bull of believing you can beat them "if you really want" is silly talk this Dublin team is possibly one of the all time greats we struggled to get over a limited Carlow.  That's not to say we  can put in a performance that troubles Dublin then I would be euphoric regardless of result.

blueandwhite1

Quote from: Laoiseabu on June 10, 2018, 11:13:18 PM
Does anyone think we'll beat Dublin ? It will be a step up ten levels from Carlow

Does anyone think anyone can beat Dublin? Nothing will be expected of us which will take off all the pressure. Will take something special to make a match of it.

ILikeStrawberryJam

We wont beat Dublin.. anyone who has a clue about football knows that but there is a carrot of the super 8 there now.

Defensively we are vulnerable when run at but we have a decent team with lads who are proud to wear the jersey.

Dillon,timmins,Begley, collins, jol, donoher all very good today. Forwards struggled for obvious reasons.

Great to see so many laois people there today.

Pride has been restored by sugrue and the players after several years of shite.

Hope attride is ok

Laoiseabu

Leixlad

I think we will beat them, shur we are on a roll...11 wins in a row  ;D ;D ;D ;D

Well, someone has to start the optimism  8)

Great to see Laois jerseys out in force again! Well done to Sugrue and the players theres an awful lot to be said for good attitude and commitment.

BallyroanAbu

SCFC

Quote from: BallyroanAbu on June 10, 2018, 11:18:48 PM
Let's be realistic here not a hope in hell,  if you want to be delusional work away.  That bull of believing you can beat them "if you really want" is silly talk this Dublin team is possibly one of the all time greats we struggled to get over a limited Carlow.  That's not to say we  can put in a performance that troubles Dublin then I would be euphoric regardless of result.
Thank f**k you're not in charge of the team.

Unison

Quote from: Don Draper on June 11, 2018, 09:23:09 AM
Gutted for Attride.

How serious is the injury to Stephen?

I would gladly take a gutsy performance and a 10 to 12 point defeat to Dublin. Hopefully Laois will not be so deflated that the possibility of qualification for the Super 8s would be beyond them.

However, we have to be happy with the progress made under Sugrue.