Leinster U-20 Football 2018

Started by Junior Ex Laoistalk, November 29, 2017, 12:57:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Butch Cassidy

SCFC

Playing a lot of challenge games I hear.
I also hear a lot of players that should be knocking around the squad aren't involved as they can't or won't commit.
Combination of far too long taken to put a management in place and then not getting a decent manager.

Gmac

Quote from: SCFC on March 16, 2018, 11:54:46 AM
I also hear a lot of players that should be knocking around the squad aren't involved as they can't or won't commit.
Combination of far too long taken to put a management in place and then not getting a decent manager.
do u not think u should let the guy have a few results as a manager before u write him off ?

SCFC

Quote from: Gmac on March 16, 2018, 01:49:43 PM
do u not think u should let the guy have a few results as a manager before u write him off ?
I didn't write him off. And if it's results you're after, maybe enquire as to how some of the challenge games went.
Thing is, he got the job too late and he hasn't much experience.

Gmac

Quote from: SCFC on March 16, 2018, 01:53:27 PM
Quote from: Gmac on March 16, 2018, 01:49:43 PM
I didn't write him off. And if it's results you're after, maybe enquire as to how some of the challenge games went.
Thing is, he got the job too late and he hasn't much experience.
anyone who is willing to put their time and effort into Laois football at the minute should be applauded,  Billy is an ambitious and enthusiastic person who will give it his all and has been around a lot of good football brains all his life so let's see what happens and I don't live at home so I don't know results or I don't know what talent he's working with either

Laoiseabu

I hear it's a fairly limited setup myself but fair play to Billy for taking the job as not many were willing to take it. Challenge game results have been poor

Laoiseabu

Does anyone have a run down of who's on the panel?

The PRO

I'm not sure the right man got the job either but his hands are a bit tied with his late start date and the number of lads who have turned down a spot on the squad. Adam Deering, Ciaran Comerford, Diarmuid Bennett, Niall Dunne would all be likely lads who aren't involved.

Laoiseabu

U20s were playing Dublin tonight in Portlaoise

FiveStars

Quote from: Laoiseabu on March 16, 2018, 09:20:32 PM
U20s were playing Dublin tonight in Portlaoise

What was the game like? Who played well?

Laoiseabu

Don't know I wasn't as the game just heard they were playing off someone

Unlaoised

Hammered I hear it was a Dublin South team as well I think!
LAOIS ABÚ

Laoiseabu

Dublin South ? Jaysus . Little hope playing against Dublin as a whole county so

Don Draper

Lads, what are you expecting? A management fucked together a few weeks ago, and a fuckload of players not committing. An exercise in damage limitation is all this is.

Laoiseabu

Is it that players can't commit due to other commitments or they don't want to commit?