Antrim Football Thread

Started by theskull1, November 09, 2006, 11:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hectic

Yeah to a point but there is only so long they can keep going.

Mickey Linden

A fella was telling me tonight st galls players were getting petrol money from county board for their semi on saturday. What way does that work? Was it only cause game was switched? Otherwise this bound to cause problems doown the line in both codes

Hectic

Quote from: Mickey Linden on October 03, 2018, 11:33:09 PM
A fella was telling me tonight st galls players were getting petrol money from county board for their semi on saturday. What way does that work? Was it only cause game was switched? Otherwise this bound to cause problems doown the line in both codes

Surely not.

Tyrdub

Quote from: country bumpkin on October 03, 2018, 03:37:41 PM
Hearing Cargin v St Gall's has been switched to Creggan....

Why was it changed?

paddyjohn

Quote from: Mickey Linden on October 03, 2018, 11:33:09 PM

Was he sniffing the said petrol?

The Gs Man

That's the JP McManus money put to good use then!
Keep 'er lit

Mickey Linden

Quote from: The Gs Man on October 04, 2018, 09:44:36 AM

Prob nonsense to be honest. Ones saying about the JP money and the promotion of the games in belfast

country bumpkin

Quote from: Mickey Linden on October 04, 2018, 09:53:14 AM
Quote from: The Gs Man on October 04, 2018, 09:44:36 AM

Prob nonsense to be honest. Ones saying about the JP money and the promotion of the games in belfast
Indeed it is nonsense to suggest County board supplied petrol money........in fact the Cargin players had a collection and sent the £ up to Milltown.

The Gs Man

I've a 5 gallon drum of red here if needed.
Keep 'er lit

whatwillbwillb

I'm told this all squarely down to St Galls, they have been given numerous options ( too many) and because there is a function at Corrigan that evening all clubs asked to agree to bring forward the times, all agreed I hear but St Galls so now the matches are split and Galls still playing silly buggers. So the minors loose out playing before seniors and supporters have to travel, as per usual people in positions of authority make their own decisions without consideration for minors and supporters and games in the city!!! . No doubt the deflection tactics will start and its the fault of the county etc etc....

Hectic

Quote from: whatwillbwillb on October 04, 2018, 02:27:57 PM
I'm told this all squarely down to St Galls, they have been given numerous options ( too many) and because there is a function at Corrigan that evening all clubs asked to agree to bring forward the times, all agreed I hear but St Galls so now the matches are split and Galls still playing silly buggers. So the minors loose out playing before seniors and supporters have to travel, as per usual people in positions of authority make their own decisions without consideration for minors and supporters and games in the city!!! . No doubt the deflection tactics will start and its the fault of the county etc etc....

It would depend what was known when.

Speaking of which why is Junior final no longer before the other semi. I would have went to Glenavy had the two games been together. Will prob go watch Cargin St Galls now instead.

paddyjohn

Quote from: Hectic on October 04, 2018, 03:42:37 PM
Quote from: whatwillbwillb on October 04, 2018, 02:27:57 PM

It would depend what was known when.

Speaking of which why is Junior final no longer before the other semi. I would have went to Glenavy had the two games been together. Will prob go watch Cargin St Galls now instead.

Junior final is at 1.30pm and the other semi is 4.30pm. Changing rooms possibly or extra time maybe is a worry.

ciaran1988

Weekend predictions. Let's hear yours

St Galls v Cargin - St Galls by 2
Creggan v St Johns - Creggan by 2
Gort Na Mona v Ballymena - Gorts by 3
St Endas v Moneyglass - St Endas by 5

Mickey Linden

So st galls minors and seniors playing at different venues? I smell a rat. This makes no sense. All sorts of rumours going about

country bumpkin

Quote from: Mickey Linden on October 04, 2018, 04:46:32 PM
So st galls minors and seniors playing at different venues? I smell a rat. This makes no sense. All sorts of rumours going about

We need MR2 to enlighten......has he emigrated ????