History or Propaganda?

Started by ardmhachaabu, October 23, 2010, 08:15:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ardmhachaabu

I found this site browsing on the BBC, looks quite interesting

http://www.1641.tcd.ie/index.php
Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something

mylestheslasher

Yeh, it was formally opened by President McAleese and Ian Paisely yesterday. Should make for interesting reading. It was in this time that Mylestheslasher was at large in Ireland.

Orior

Definitely history. You should put this in the ancestry thread.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

Hurler on the Bitch

Quote from: mylestheslasher on October 23, 2010, 08:22:03 PM
Yeh, it was formally opened by President McAleese and Ian Paisely yesterday. Should make for interesting reading. It was in this time that Mylestheslasher was at large in Ireland.

God! He's great that Paisley guy. 80 years a bigot and now a gentleman...

ONeill

You get used to the lingo the more you read it. Mite sturt useing thate typpe ofe lanwudge.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

muppet

Quote from: ONeill on October 23, 2010, 11:31:33 PM
You get used to the lingo the more you read it. Mite sturt useing thate typpe ofe lanwudge.

I thought you were fluent?
MWWSI 2017

mylestheslasher

Jaysus there was some mad shit going on in Cavan in 1641. There must be 100 accounts of Phillip O Reilly and his rampage along with Mulmore (Myles) O Reilly. We got thought an awful lot about this rebellion in national school and it interesting that a lot of these accounts bear out much of what we were thought, although they are mostly taken from the wealthy landowners and so have a definite spin from their side. Sieges of 2 castles in Killeshandra are mentioned, the burning to the ground of Killeshandra by landlord Hamilton to prevent the rebels taking it and the burning to the ground of Belturbet and drowning of 60 settlers in the Erne in the same attack by the rebels.

ONeill

Sir Phelim O'Neill seemed to have bucked all around him at Dungannon.

stew

Quote from: ONeill on October 24, 2010, 11:26:24 AM
aye,  and he wasnt too particular about who or what he bucked, if you know what i mean. ;)
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

JUst retired

Mulmoretheslasher. It`s a pity they never taught you to spell ;D

Orior

Quote from: stew on October 24, 2010, 05:44:42 PM
Quote from: ONeill on October 24, 2010, 11:26:24 AM
aye,  and he wasnt too particular about who or what he bucked, if you know what i mean. ;)

Where have you been Stew?
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

ONeill

Stew's ancestors bucked O'Neill?