If....

Started by ardmhachaabu, May 16, 2010, 10:39:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ardmhachaabu

... you came into close contact with someone who murdered a loved one and you knew that if you were to continue visiting the same place would mean seeing this person on a regular basis and to have to be civil to them.

What would you do and why?
Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something

ziggysego

Stop going there.
Testing Accessibility

pintsofguinness

I think I'd react violently - and I'm not a violent person at all. 

Why would you have to be civil to them?
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

ardmhachaabu

Quote from: pintsofguinness on May 16, 2010, 10:48:47 PM
I think I'd react violently - and I'm not a violent person at all. 

Why would you have to be civil to them?
Just coz like  :)
Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something

Nally Stand

If.....only you would answer my question from the other thread ardmhacaabu :-\
"The island of saints & scholars...and gombeens & fuckin' arselickers" Christy Moore

longrunsthefox

Quote from: hardstation on May 16, 2010, 10:47:53 PM
Bang bang.

Hardstation, you are so full of sh*t  :D  I think that's what I like about you.

Windmill abu

Quote... you came into close contact with someone who murdered a loved one and you knew that if you were to continue visiting the same place would mean seeing this person on a regular basis and to have to be civil to them.

A loved one for them or you.

If it was for them you may have to try and understand what made them do it or make yourself live with the knowledge that by not returning to that place, you are aiding their crime.

If it was one of your loved ones then kill the f**ker and sleep easy knowing that an eye for an eye is true justice.
Never underestimate the power of complaining

longrunsthefox

Quote from: Windmill abu on May 17, 2010, 12:18:13 AM
Quote... you came into close contact with someone who murdered a loved one and you knew that if you were to continue visiting the same place would mean seeing this person on a regular basis and to have to be civil to them.

A loved one for them or you.

If it was for them you may have to try and understand what made them do it or make yourself live with the knowledge that by not returning to that place, you are aiding their crime.

If it was one of your loved ones then kill the f**ker and sleep easy knowing that an eye for an eye is true justice.

and then do 10-15 in jail and your loved one is still dead...

ardmhachaabu

Windmill, I meant one of your loved ones.

It happened to me yesterday, when I realised who it was I couldn't look at them never mind speak to them.  I did nothing, got very upset when I got home though and won't be back to the place I saw them in

thebigfella

Quote from: ardmhachaabu on May 17, 2010, 10:05:54 AM

It happened to me yesterday, when I realised who it was I couldn't look at them never mind speak to them.  I did nothing, got very upset when I got home though and won't be back to the place I saw them in

Maybe I shouldn't ask but what did this person do? Then again you did start the thread.

Orior

Quote from: ardmhachaabu on May 16, 2010, 10:39:59 PM
... you came into close contact with someone who murdered a loved one and you knew that if you were to continue visiting the same place would mean seeing this person on a regular basis and to have to be civil to them.

I would smother them with kindness, and continue to do so until it bothers them. I would also start subtly invading their space, like just stand 2 inches from them. Then after a while, start asking the person direct questions like "why did you do it?" "what kick did you get?", "what did it feel like".

So basically I would prey of the persons mind and make them suffer without any physical violence etc etc
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

omagh_gael

I don't think anyone could truly say what they would do unless they encountered the situation themselves. Personally I would imagine I'd feel a mix of pure rage, fear, sickness and sadness. I would like to think I'd confront the b**tard but TBH i'd probably do something similar to yourself ardmhachaabu the first time I came across them. It would take a lot of time and courage but to exorcise the demons I would make myself bring the person to task at some point for the memory of your loved one and for yourself.

maddog

Id say the urge to dish out revenge would be huge and probably unavoidable.

ardmhachaabu

Quote from: omagh_gael on May 17, 2010, 10:50:38 AM

I don't think anyone could truly say what they would do unless they encountered the situation themselves. Personally I would imagine I'd feel a mix of pure rage, fear, sickness and sadness. I would like to think I'd confront the b**tard but TBH i'd probably do something similar to yourself ardmhachaabu the first time I came across them. It would take a lot of time and courage but to exorcise the demons I would make myself bring the person to task at some point for the memory of your loved one and for yourself.
I know what you are saying.  Some years ago I may well have attacked him with a blunt implement and beaten him within an inch of his life.  I was in shock when I realised who it was.  I won't go into details on anything.  I have thought about your suggestion omagh_gael and it may be something I pursue down the line.  I don't think I would do it in person though, by letter if anything

FL/MAYO

I think I would have done exactly what you did. You never know how a person would react until they are put into the same situation it was a terrible spot to find youself in though.