A man of peace

Started by ardmhachaabu, December 08, 2009, 09:51:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ardmhachaabu

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/northern_ireland/8398895.stm

I have respected him for quite a while but it really must have taken an enormous amount of strength to do what he did in meeting Adams
Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something

stew

Quote from: ardmhachaabu on December 08, 2009, 09:51:01 PM

I have respected him for quite a while but it really must have taken an enormous amount of strength to do what he did in meeting Adams

Wow, that man has more character than the best of men. That would take some courage and he is very inciteful when it comes to how we should be behaving as a community.
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

Denn Forever

A journey of 1000 mikles starts with a first step.  A big up to all who have suffered and take that difficuylt first stgep.
I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

ziggysego

Was reading this article yesterday. He certainly has a lot more courage than the people who claim to represent him, or most politicians for that matter.
Testing Accessibility

Denn Forever

You do know that Jesus is a goalkeeper?
means what he says...

Denn Forever

means what he says...

Puckoon

Funny how a man who lost that which was most precious to him can try to rebuild a life with huge steps of faith and courage and yet we have those on here still crying about how they were once harrassed by the police and how we will never move on with the PSNI.

Some of the people who lost the most during the troubles, mothers, fathers, brothers, sisters, children, husbands and wives have stepped up to the plate to try and give this country a chance for generations to come.

For the love of giving peace a chance, would some of you ever get over yourselves (and your hurt).

Tony Baloney

A man to be admired. The place needs more like him. It's a pity Michelle Williamson etc. wouldn't take a leaf out of his book, but I don't know how I'd react in the same situation. Forgiveness would probably well down the list of emotions.

J70

Quote from: stew on December 08, 2009, 09:55:48 PM

Wow, that man has more character than the best of men. That would take some courage and he is very inciteful when it comes to how we should be behaving as a community.

You mean insightful I hope?!

Paisley was the man to incite things!

pintsofguinness

Quote from: Puckoon on December 08, 2009, 11:20:17 PM
Funny how a man who lost that which was most precious to him can try to rebuild a life with huge steps of faith and courage and yet we have those on here still crying about how they were once harrassed by the police and how we will never move on with the PSNI.

Some of the people who lost the most during the troubles, mothers, fathers, brothers, sisters, children, husbands and wives have stepped up to the plate to try and give this country a chance for generations to come.

For the love of giving peace a chance, would some of you ever get over yourselves (and your hurt).
Maybe when the RUC/PSNI comes as far as Adams has we will.

Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

stew

Quote from: Puckoon on December 08, 2009, 11:20:17 PM

The harassment goes on, and on and on.

We were never a political family, never got involved with anyone or anything detremental to the community, we were harassed, the bastards took me up on false charges once and I won my case, the cop who lied his arse off told me I would be got, he was right, he hounded me for ears until the senior cop in Armagh finally agreed with us and he was told to steer clear, he is still, to this day showing up on my da's door harassing him and my mother.

Puck, when these hold overs that were twisted cnuts move on and when this policing body start policing with an even hand I will of course support them, i find a lot of them to be lazy, disinterested cowards who sit idly by and watch the scum of the earth wreck about the town in the wee hours and they do nothing.
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

High Wide and Handsome

have to admit, i think the fella in the article is a bit of a role model. Dont think i could do what he did.

Remember there was a show on a few years back about people meeting the people who killed family members, friends throughout the troubles. That cnut Michael Stone was on it. But again it took a lot of courage from family members to go through with it.

Stew on your point, couldnt agree more.
"Swing er over!"

brokencrossbar1

A man to be admired.  To compare the difference between this man's attitude and Willie Frazer's shows how far things havecome but how far they have to go.  Small steps wtc, but McBride will be a happier man in later years for doing this and I hope for his sake he steps backs now to normality because he seems to be an honest, humble man and while there is need for more of these people the situation is not ready for them.

orangeman

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on December 09, 2009, 09:52:08 AM
A man to be admired.  To compare the difference between this man's attitude and Willie Frazer's shows how far things havecome but how far they have to go.  Small steps wtc, but McBride will be a happier man in later years for doing this and I hope for his sake he steps backs now to normality because he seems to be an honest, humble man and while there is need for more of these people the situation is not ready for them.

Unique man who has to be given credit for what he has done so far.

Fair dues to him. Hope he has found solace along the way.

muppet

Quote from: orangeman on December 09, 2009, 11:22:48 AM
Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on December 09, 2009, 09:52:08 AM

Unique man who has to be given credit for what he has done so far.

I agree and it understandably took him time to get there. We are all human and he is showing a particularly good aspect of humanity. But we as a society are addicted elevating people to celebrity/role model pedestals where they never live up to our unreasonable expectations.

We need more ordinary people to be like him rather than seeing him as extraordinary.

QuoteFair dues to him. Hope he has found solace along the way.

I couldn't agree more.
MWWSI 2017