Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LeoMc

Quote from: blewuporstuffed on November 06, 2019, 09:56:41 AM
Quote from: PeterEli on November 05, 2019, 12:07:51 PM
What way do we see things working out in Division 2 this weekend?

Pomeroy v Greencastle
Augher v Strabane
Beragh v Loughmacrory
Galbally v Cookstown
Gortin v Clogher
Moortown v Newtownstewart
Owen Roes v Stewartstown
Aghyaran v Urney

At the top: Galbally at home to Cookstown, a defeat for Fr. Rocks will see them in relegation play offs, can't see anything other than a Galbally win here.
Beragh v Lough, if Lough were told at the start of the year they need a win v Beragh on last day to secure senior football next year they would have took it, I am sure there must be some nerves in the camp this week and Beragh would love to spoil the party, expecting Lough win.
Pomeroy v Greencastle on Saturday afternoon, Pomeroy win here to move into second place and leave the pressure on for Lough the next day.

At the bottom: Urney are already gone and seem to have thrown the towel in.
Newton playing Moortown, possibly in Garvaghy mid week or Friday? Correct me if I am wrong here, but both Strabane and Stewartstown have both beated Newton so even if Newton are level on 10 points with either of them they are in relegation play off anyway based on head to head?
Strabane v Augher, last few weeks would suggest that Augher have no interest in play offs, very strange considering a few weeks back they were in a position to play Clogher again in play offs, maybe they didn't fancy that possibility. Strabane will likely pick up easy points here.
Owen Roes v Stewartstown, Owen Roes win here leaving Stewartstown possibly level with Newton, although they won the head to head which should see them safe?

In the middle:
Owen Roes and Clogher guaranteed to play each other in play offs with what looks like no other team looking to fill the final spot? Possible teams to take it are Augher, Greencastle, Gortin, Moortown and Beragh, with all possibly going to get beat it would leave Augher staying in 6th place with an away trip to Pomeroy or Loughmacrory.

There is the the very very outside possibility of four teams finishing on 10 points would leave a tricky situation.

Overall I  am going for, Gallbally winners, Lough runners up, Pomeroy v Augher, Clogher v Owen Roes, Newton v Cookstown.
The reason Augher were forced to concede V Owen Roes was that they had a  players stag do that weekend involving 12 from the senior squad.
The game was asked to be put back as the following weekend was free anyway, but Owen Roes refused.
This was particularly disappointing as Owen roes themselves had gotten the previous round of fixtures put back a week due to having ONE player unavailable.
Why was the Owen Roes player missing?

GetOverTheBar

Club boi

Quote from: Degrassi Hi on November 06, 2019, 03:25:48 PM
I'd suggest that maybe last weekend didn't suit Owen Roes as I'm sure half the parish was at the all star awards in Dublin. If Augher wanted the points that badly they'd have cancelled the stag. I've missed many occasions over the head of club football - obviously doesn't matter a big pile in that squad.

Catch yourself on you clown. I actually hope you are being sarcastic with this post

Fella's have lives outside of football, I know many men who have given up too early in their playing days as the demands of GAA was getting ridiculous for the amount of time put in v's the rewards out

TabClear

Quote from: Club boi on November 06, 2019, 04:34:06 PM
I'd suggest that maybe last weekend didn't suit Owen Roes as I'm sure half the parish was at the all star awards in Dublin. If Augher wanted the points that badly they'd have cancelled the stag. I've missed many occasions over the head of club football - obviously doesn't matter a big pile in that squad.

Catch yourself on you clown. I actually hope you are being sarcastic with this post

Fella's have lives outside of football, I know many men who have given up too early in their playing days as the demands of GAA was getting ridiculous for the amount of time put in v's the rewards out

Absolutely. I know footballers who  have chosen to get married in the winter solely because of football and not wanting the issues that arise from trying to get married in mid season with Stags/wedding clashing with games. Its hardly unreasonable to plan a stag for the 1st week in November and assume that football might be wrapped up by then. If by chance they were in the Ulster Clubs well and good, they might have had a decision to make.

Under Lights

Quote from: TabClear on November 06, 2019, 04:51:19 PM
Quote from: Club boi on November 06, 2019, 04:34:06 PM

Absolutely. I know footballers who  have chosen to get married in the winter solely because of football and not wanting the issues that arise from trying to get married in mid season with Stags/wedding clashing with games. Its hardly unreasonable to plan a stag for the 1st week in November and assume that football might be wrapped up by then. If by chance they were in the Ulster Clubs well and good, they might have had a decision to make.

This was in October though, the season has rang into October for many a year now.

blewuporstuffed

Well sure maybe McShane should have cancelled his trip to the states the previous week too then?
Only he didnt have to, because the round of fixture was rearranged for him.
Augher where in the position where they had no league game the week before the weekend of the stag or the weekend after, yet it wasn't possible to get it changed.

As with every other club team, the players on that squad have also missed many an occasion due to club fixtures, its just disappointing when other clubs seem to make no effort to accommodate each other at this stage of the year.

I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

Pearse Blue

Quote from: blewuporstuffed on November 06, 2019, 09:56:41 AM
Quote from: PeterEli on November 05, 2019, 12:07:51 PM
What way do we see things working out in Division 2 this weekend?

Pomeroy v Greencastle
Augher v Strabane
Beragh v Loughmacrory
Galbally v Cookstown
Gortin v Clogher
Moortown v Newtownstewart
Owen Roes v Stewartstown
Aghyaran v Urney

At the top: Galbally at home to Cookstown, a defeat for Fr. Rocks will see them in relegation play offs, can't see anything other than a Galbally win here.
Beragh v Lough, if Lough were told at the start of the year they need a win v Beragh on last day to secure senior football next year they would have took it, I am sure there must be some nerves in the camp this week and Beragh would love to spoil the party, expecting Lough win.
Pomeroy v Greencastle on Saturday afternoon, Pomeroy win here to move into second place and leave the pressure on for Lough the next day.

At the bottom: Urney are already gone and seem to have thrown the towel in.
Newton playing Moortown, possibly in Garvaghy mid week or Friday? Correct me if I am wrong here, but both Strabane and Stewartstown have both beated Newton so even if Newton are level on 10 points with either of them they are in relegation play off anyway based on head to head?
Strabane v Augher, last few weeks would suggest that Augher have no interest in play offs, very strange considering a few weeks back they were in a position to play Clogher again in play offs, maybe they didn't fancy that possibility. Strabane will likely pick up easy points here.
Owen Roes v Stewartstown, Owen Roes win here leaving Stewartstown possibly level with Newton, although they won the head to head which should see them safe?

In the middle:
Owen Roes and Clogher guaranteed to play each other in play offs with what looks like no other team looking to fill the final spot? Possible teams to take it are Augher, Greencastle, Gortin, Moortown and Beragh, with all possibly going to get beat it would leave Augher staying in 6th place with an away trip to Pomeroy or Loughmacrory.

There is the the very very outside possibility of four teams finishing on 10 points would leave a tricky situation.

Overall I  am going for, Gallbally winners, Lough runners up, Pomeroy v Augher, Clogher v Owen Roes, Newton v Cookstown.
The reason Augher were forced to concede V Owen Roes was that they had a  players stag do that weekend involving 12 from the senior squad.
The game was asked to be put back as the following weekend was free anyway, but Owen Roes refused.
This was particularly disappointing as Owen roes themselves had gotten the previous round of fixtures put back a week due to having ONE player unavailable.
Do Augher even want to go up?? Watching them a few times this year I'd say they are nowhere near capable for senior football and will end up relegated in last spot next year anyway, so perhaps this was a case of "f**k it, we don't even wanna go up" My guess anyway

The_Slug

You must have no life outside of football. Ridiculous post.

southtyronegael

If lads have any sense next year they'll book their stags/holidays for July or August and they will miss f**k all football.

clarshack

Quote from: southtyronegael on November 07, 2019, 09:42:00 AM
If lads have any sense next year they'll book their stags/holidays for July or August and they will miss f**k all football.

Anyone who went to play football in the states in the last 2 summers actually missed very little football back home.

TabClear

Is there any flexibility when fixtures are arranged for a club to request a "free weekend"? It it would probably be too hard to get the fixture list to work if you have 16 teams each submitting a request but it might be worth considering. I am thinking of weddings in particular.   I know there are 2 weeks in July which are free but I'm not sure how far in advance clubs know exactly what date this applies to?

GetOverTheBar

Quote from: TabClear on November 07, 2019, 10:48:06 AM

Is there any flexibility when fixtures are arranged for a club to request a "free weekend"? It it would probably be too hard to get the fixture list to work if you have 16 teams each submitting a request but it might be worth considering. I am thinking of weddings in particular.   I know there are 2 weeks in July which are free but I'm not sure how far in advance clubs know exactly what date this applies to?

Once the CCC set the fixture, it's set. Unless the two clubs agree and the CCC accept thereafter.

blewuporstuffed

I actually think its got to the stage where there is a case for saying, ok lads, there will be no club football at all for 4-6 weeks from the beginnning  of July untill the end of the super 8s ( if Tyrone get to the AI final, or semi final, this will obviously be longer)
Play away at the league up to that and use all 5 starred games
Take a break during the super 8s and come back end of August with the business end of the league and then the championship September

At least players and clubs know there will be a guaranteed 4 week break in the middle of the year and plan accordingly, giving room for weddings, stag weekends, holidays, club fundraisers etc.
We end up having this type of break or longer as it is anyway, just without any sort of pre warning at all, making it very very frustrating fro all involved
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

GlenMan

Quote from: blewuporstuffed on November 07, 2019, 11:02:49 AM
I actually think its got to the stage where there is a case for saying, ok lads, there will be no club football at all for 4-6 weeks from the beginnning  of July untill the end of the super 8s ( if Tyrone get to the AI final, or semi final, this will obviously be longer)
Play away at the league up to that and use all 5 starred games
Take a break during the super 8s and come back end of August with the business end of the league and then the championship September

At least players and clubs know there will be a guaranteed 4 week break in the middle of the year and plan accordingly, giving room for weddings, stag weekends, holidays, club fundraisers etc.
We end up having this type of break or longer as it is anyway, just without any sort of pre warning at all, making it very very frustrating fro all involved

If they did that, and then Tyrone were beat in the first round of the Qualifiers, they'd have even more bother with Clubs, Players etc having made other plans.

GetOverTheBar

You boys make it sound like you can stroll in and book a wedding on the exact dates you want, for the prices you want, when you want.

A wedding in late August/Sept/Oct is much, much less expensive than July. Assuming you even have the availability of the venue your fair lady wishes...