Brexit.

Started by T Fearon, November 01, 2015, 06:04:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mouview

Leave campaign director Dominic Cummings puts the boot into ERG members;

Cummings condemns hardline Brexiters in the European Research Group as "delusional" and "useful idiots". He says:
Those of you in the narcissist-delusional subset of the ERG who have spent the last three years scrambling for the 810 Today slot while spouting gibberish about trade and the law across SW1 — i.e exactly the contemptible behaviour that led to your enforced marginalisation during the referendum and your attempt to destroy Vote Leave — you are also in the pirate category. You were useful idiots for Remain during the campaign and with every piece of bullshit from Bill Cash et al you have helped only Remain for three years. Remember how you WELCOMED the backstop as a 'triumph' in December 2017 when it was obvious to everybody who knew what was going on — NOT the Cabinet obviously — that this effectively ended the 'negotiations'? Remember how Bernard Jenkin wrote on ConHome that he didn't have to 'ruin his weekend' reading the document to know it was another success for the natural party of government — bringing to mind very clearly how during the referendum so many of you guys were too busy shooting or skiing or chasing girls to do any actual work. You should be treated like a metastasising tumour and excised from the UK body politic.

Franko

Quote from: mouview on March 27, 2019, 11:48:01 AM
Leave campaign director Dominic Cummings puts the boot into ERG members;

Cummings condemns hardline Brexiters in the European Research Group as "delusional" and "useful idiots". He says:
Those of you in the narcissist-delusional subset of the ERG who have spent the last three years scrambling for the 810 Today slot while spouting gibberish about trade and the law across SW1 — i.e exactly the contemptible behaviour that led to your enforced marginalisation during the referendum and your attempt to destroy Vote Leave — you are also in the pirate category. You were useful idiots for Remain during the campaign and with every piece of bullshit from Bill Cash et al you have helped only Remain for three years. Remember how you WELCOMED the backstop as a 'triumph' in December 2017 when it was obvious to everybody who knew what was going on — NOT the Cabinet obviously — that this effectively ended the 'negotiations'? Remember how Bernard Jenkin wrote on ConHome that he didn't have to 'ruin his weekend' reading the document to know it was another success for the natural party of government — bringing to mind very clearly how during the referendum so many of you guys were too busy shooting or skiing or chasing girls to do any actual work. You should be treated like a metastasising tumour and excised from the UK body politic.

Watching this bunch of snake oil salesmen turn on each other is an absolute pleasure.

Solo_run

Quote from: armaghniac on March 27, 2019, 11:37:39 AM
https://twitter.com/guyverhofstadt/status/1110836447626645504
Guy Verhofstadt

I'm surprised to see you here, Mr. Farage. I thought you were marching 200 miles for the leave campaign? How many did you do? 2 miles! You remind me more & more of Field Marshal Haig in Blackadder, sitting safely in his office, while his people are walking in the cold & the rain.

Farage was fuming after 😂

GJL

Quote from: Solo_run on March 27, 2019, 02:49:35 PM
Quote from: armaghniac on March 27, 2019, 11:37:39 AM
https://twitter.com/guyverhofstadt/status/1110836447626645504
Guy Verhofstadt

I'm surprised to see you here, Mr. Farage. I thought you were marching 200 miles for the leave campaign? How many did you do? 2 miles! You remind me more & more of Field Marshal Haig in Blackadder, sitting safely in his office, while his people are walking in the cold & the rain.

Farage was fuming after 😂

Brilliant. Way out of his depth!

yellowcard

May has now supposedly agreed to resign if her deal gets through in the next few days. 

Milltown Row2

Quote from: yellowcard on March 27, 2019, 05:37:53 PM
May has now supposedly agreed to resign if her deal gets through in the next few days.

So the DUP will lose out?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

yellowcard

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on March 27, 2019, 05:46:03 PM

It would presumably mean a Tory leadership election but the government won't change without an election or unless the DUP bring it down. 

Milltown Row2

Quote from: yellowcard on March 27, 2019, 06:05:19 PM

It would presumably mean a Tory leadership election but the government won't change without an election or unless the DUP bring it down.

But it's her plan, and that's not what the DUP want, so presumably then the backstop is in the deal?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Solo_run

What a fickle bunch.

Solo_run

Reese Mogg on about DUP abstaining. I am getting fed up with politics abstaining - you represent your constituents. Do it.

quit yo jibbajabba

You spelt w&nkstaining wrong  :o  ;D

yellowcard

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on March 27, 2019, 06:10:45 PM
Quote from: yellowcard on March 27, 2019, 06:05:19 PM

But it's her plan, and that's not what the DUP want, so presumably then the backstop is in the deal?

Backstop has always been in the deal.

yellowcard

As predicted it looks increasingly likely that DUP will come under serious political pressure to sign up to the deal. If they abstain or sign up to the backstop they will have serious questions to answer from their electorate if at a later date they are trapped with it. The Orange order helped collapse the Stormont deal 2 years ago at the 11th hour so I wouldn't bank on them signing up.

yellowcard

DUP say no, their grand masters in the orange order must have told them under no circumstances to sign up.

The government deal now looks highly unlikely to pass, where does this their confidence & supply agreement if they can't support the government on this and where does it leave Brexit.