The Many Faces of US Politics...

Started by Tyrones own, March 20, 2009, 09:29:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

screenexile

Quote from: vallankumous on January 11, 2017, 01:39:29 PM
Quote from: seafoid on January 11, 2017, 12:25:36 PM
So Russia has some interesting material on the Donald. The narcissist in chief is not your regular President.

I'm hate to disappoint but this is a fake.
It only serves now to make him controversy free.

No it doesn't... have you seen his twitter this morning he's blowing a gasket. Good enough for him after his birther shite and questioning Ted Cruz's father's link to the JFK assassination, Clinton being linked to murders etc.

What's good for the goose!!!

J70

So Russia has some interesting material on the Donald. The narcissist in chief is not your regular President.

What's fake?

That he and Obama were briefed by intelligence that they are looking into reports that Russia had compromising info, or that Russia had compromising info?

Trump could clear a lot of shit up by releasing his tax returns and getting rid if his business conflicts of interest.

vallankumous

Quote from: screenexile on January 11, 2017, 02:00:03 PM

No it doesn't... have you seen his twitter this morning he's blowing a gasket. Good enough for him after his birther shite and questioning Ted Cruz's father's link to the JFK assassination, Clinton being linked to murders etc.

No, i didn't see his twitter account. I don't have confidence in it as a source of information.

Yes, after all that.

vallankumous

Quote from: J70 on January 11, 2017, 02:08:49 PM

What's fake?

That he and Obama were briefed by intelligence that they are looking into reports that Russia had compromising info, or that Russia had compromising info?

Trump could clear a lot of shit up by releasing his tax returns and getting rid if his business conflicts of interest.

That there was info to be had and that Russia had it.

screenexile

Quote from: vallankumous on January 11, 2017, 02:14:53 PM

No, i didn't see his twitter account. I don't have confidence in it as a source of information.

Yes, after all that.

Donald Trump's twitter account is verified as his own and he has confirmed it is his own so it is an extremely valid source of information to that end!!!

J70

Quote from: vallankumous on January 11, 2017, 02:14:53 PM

Yes, after all that.
Quote from: vallankumous on January 11, 2017, 02:16:58 PM
Quote from: J70 on January 11, 2017, 02:08:49 PM

What's fake?

That there was info to be had and that Russia had it.

How do you know?

I've no way of knowing either way, but the intelligence agencies were supposedly concerned enough to tell him and Obama they were looking into it.

Like I said, a bit of transparency from Trump would go a long way. They've previously acknowledged a lot of business entanglements with the Russians.

vallankumous

Quote from: screenexile on January 11, 2017, 02:33:00 PM

Donald Trump's twitter account is verified as his own and he has confirmed it is his own so it is an extremely valid source of information to that end!!!

It's an extremely valuable tool for Trump beating lots of nails in 40 characters or less.

vallankumous

Quote from: J70 on January 11, 2017, 02:36:21 PM

How do you know?

I've no way of knowing either way, but the intelligence agencies were supposedly concerned enough to tell him and Obama they were looking into it.

Like I said, a bit of transparency from Trump would go a long way. They've previously acknowledged a lot of business entanglements with the Russians.

I don't know really i'm just forming an opinion from the info i've seen.

I suppose that's their job. Potential scandal for the President and President elect and they inform them. I'd say it's common.
Business men do business. What the issue there?

screenexile

Quote from: vallankumous on January 11, 2017, 02:41:16 PM

How do you know?

I suppose that's their job. Potential scandal for the President and President elect and they inform them. I'd say it's common.

He's not a business man anymore... at least he's not supposed to be!!!

Gabriel_Hurl

Quote from: screenexile on January 11, 2017, 02:45:21 PMHe's not a business man anymore... at least he's not supposed to be!!!

He's in the business of Making American Great Again  :P

screenexile

Quote from: Gabriel_Hurl on January 11, 2017, 03:05:52 PM
Quote from: screenexile on January 11, 2017, 02:45:21 PMHe's not a business man anymore... at least he's not supposed to be!!!

He's in the business of Making American Great Again  :P

J70

Quote from: vallankumous on January 11, 2017, 02:41:16 PM

How do you know?

Seriously?

Conflicts of interest.

What happens if he has to make a decision which is influenced by one of his or his family's business interests?

vallankumous

Quote from: J70 on January 11, 2017, 04:28:09 PM

Seriously?

Conflicts of interest.

What happens if he has to make a decision which is influenced by one of his or his family's business interests?

He's not the President.

So what if he's influenced. It happens all the time. That's why we have lobbyists and why we have systems of accountability and separation of powers.

J70

Quote from: vallankumous on January 11, 2017, 05:05:13 PM
Quote from: J70 on January 11, 2017, 04:28:09 PM

Seriously?

Conflicts of interest.

He's not the President.

So what if he's influenced. It happens all the time. That's why we have lobbyists and why we have systems of accountability and separation of powers.

So you're ok with a country's leader potentially placing the needs of his personal fortune and finances above what is best for the country?

You have trust in the GOP-controlled congress as watchdogs?

There's a reason why past presidents have placed their business interests into blind trusts. Trumps refuses to do this and to cut any ties, beyond turning the management over to his kids (reconfirmed mere minutes ago).

This all from a man who was campaigned on corruption and "draining the swamp" (yes, I know it was cynicism on his part).

vallankumous

Quote from: J70 on January 11, 2017, 05:47:08 PM

So you're ok with a country's leader potentially placing the needs of his personal fortune and finances above what is best for the country?

You have trust in the GOP-controlled congress as watchdogs?

There's a reason why past presidents have placed their business interests into blind trusts. Trumps refuses to do this and to cut any ties, beyond turning the management over to his kids (reconfirmed mere minutes ago).

This all from a man who was campaigned on corruption and "draining the swamp" (yes, I know it was cynicism on his part).

I'm not happy or sad about it. I don't assume he will do that. I respect the outcome of the vote and the political institutions in the USA. I understand the possibility there is for corruption. There is nothing new here. Every leader of ever Country has the potential to put the needs of their personal wealth first.
There is nothing new in friends and family of Presidents having private interests. There is nothing new in Presidents working after they retire from the White House. And there's certainly nothing new in someone campaigning on one thing and doing another.