The OFFICIAL Liverpool FC thread - Arne to Slot right in?

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, February 05, 2009, 03:47:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Armamike

Quote from: Norf Tyrone on July 10, 2020, 11:00:46 PM
I can never understand why people get annoyed about these things. A guy gives everything for years to achieve something. Achieves it. He should do as he likes.

Rooney and a few other United lafs done the same and it never got mentioned strangely.

It's other fans who don't like it, mainly.  Any straw to grasp at.  How anyone would think Henderson shouldn't be lifting that trophy after all he's done, well there's nothing I can say to you (as Klopp would say). And he should be kitted out. It would look utterly ridiculous if he was suited.
That's just, like your opinion man.

J70

Quote from: Armamike on July 11, 2020, 01:17:11 PM
Quote from: Norf Tyrone on July 10, 2020, 11:00:46 PM
I can never understand why people get annoyed about these things. A guy gives everything for years to achieve something. Achieves it. He should do as he likes.

Rooney and a few other United lafs done the same and it never got mentioned strangely.

It's other fans who don't like it, mainly.  Any straw to grasp at.  How anyone would think Henderson shouldn't be lifting that trophy after all he's done, well there's nothing I can say to you (as Klopp would say). And he should be kitted out. It would look utterly ridiculous if he was suited.

But they don't think that.

They're just looking to stir shit.

Tony Baloney

Quote from: Boycey on July 10, 2020, 11:15:33 PM
Has there ever been a more pointless debate on here..... I'm pretty sure United, certainly in presentations that were a few weeks in the planning, had everyone out on the field togged out and joining in the festivities...

A Cup Final is a whole other thing, back in the day when United won Champ League in 99 it took 20 mins mins of cajoling from Utd fans to get Keane and Scholes to even step forward with the cup such was their desire to stay in the background
Correct. Sure Chelsea only equalised very late on in the 2012 CL final, so collecting a trophy YOU KNOW YOU HAVE WON IN ADVANCE is a very different thing.

laoislad

When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

quit yo jibbajabba

J70

Should have won that easily, but when you don't take your chances and allow a team like Burnley to stay in the game, you're asking for it. Burnley could have stolen it themselves in the end.

supersub

Given the fact that Henderson is indeed the captain, it is a league trophy, not a knockout trophy like the CL - Chelsea couldn't be sure they were going to win it, so the subconscious mind processes that Terry had to physically change into his kit when he knew they had won it, where as Henderson knows for a fact he will be lifting it, along with the rest of the squad, so in essence they will probably all be in their kit.

It is a lot more straight forward and can be pre planned. Added to that, it is a huge moment for the club, photos will be etched in club history forever more, he would look like a right knob going up and lifting the trophy in a polo shirt or a suit. They are a team, the team will wear the same. They will probably have the Champions 19/20 jerseys on in any case, not their individual playing jerseys. Role it on, hope he has shin pads and the works  :)

BennyCake

Quote from: supersub on July 12, 2020, 12:07:22 AM
Given the fact that Henderson is indeed the captain, it is a league trophy, not a knockout trophy like the CL - Chelsea couldn't be sure they were going to win it, so the subconscious mind processes that Terry had to physically change into his kit when he knew they had won it, where as Henderson knows for a fact he will be lifting it, along with the rest of the squad, so in essence they will probably all be in their kit.

It is a lot more straight forward and can be pre planned. Added to that, it is a huge moment for the club, photos will be etched in club history forever more, he would look like a right knob going up and lifting the trophy in a polo shirt or a suit. They are a team, the team will wear the same. They will probably have the Champions 19/20 jerseys on in any case, not their individual playing jerseys. Role it on, hope he has shin pads and the works  :)

quit yo jibbajabba

Any fitba on today? I ask in here cos this is where ye usually find the Evertonians 🤓

supersub

Quote from: BennyCake on July 12, 2020, 12:19:24 AM
Quote from: supersub on July 12, 2020, 12:07:22 AM

Yeah, doesn't look right in my opinion. Plus he had missed the whole season more or less through injury. So it's a completely different scenario. By all accounts Redknapp didn't want to lift the trophy that day either. He was coaxed into it. I'd also say if you looked at a lot of the photos from that trophy presentation he wasn't front and centre in most either.

laoislad

laoislad

From the Bunker

And yes Redknapp was a reluctant participant! He probably enjoyed it as a sort of fan that year. And myself as a fan enjoyed it!

Quote from: laoislad on July 12, 2020, 08:46:16 PM
Quote from: From the Bunker on July 12, 2020, 08:41:44 PM
Quote from: laoislad on July 12, 2020, 07:38:10 PM
Loved that yellow Jersey. What a Cup Final that was.

I'd say 2001!
?

Apologies sped read and that you asked ''what Cup final was that''. (dyslexic)

From the Bunker